A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Scarf Knit-Along?  (Read 95521 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rhoticity
« Reply #660 on: November 14, 2007 06:55:47 PM »

with all these people knitting the HP scarves, I have yet to see someone wear it around the streets... maybe it's just not cold enough yet?

i have seen a lady wear it around my school campus! gryffindor colors are the same colors as my school's (loyola is maroon and gold) but it was a trapped bar scarf and definitely looked handknit (not to say it didnt look professionally done because it was really well knit)!

i also made a ravenclaw trapped bar scarf for a guy and he wears it around too!

i wore my gryffindor trapped bar scarf last winter many times. handy in freezing chicago winters.

Citrus_Crafter, i may make a 1x1 rib scarf too! your ravenclaw ones look lovely Smiley

Silbi, you go to LUC? AWESOME! If I yell loud enough maybe you could hear me Wink

(I go to the University of Chicago... unfortunately, our colours don't match anything HP)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Look, I've shrunk it! BY THE MAGIC OF XEROGRAPHY." -my sociolinguistics professor

wisty.
itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #661 on: November 14, 2007 08:23:02 PM »

The 1x1 rib seems like a good solution to the curling of the stockingnett.

SMRT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tindad

knitting keeps me sane.

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: November 26, 2007 10:57:34 AM »

I've been knitting a scarf for a number of years. after the first movie came out, i started knitting one for my husband. I followed some internet instruction that said to knit with 2 piece held together and knit it in the round.

After using about 15 large skeins, the scarf weighed about 8 pounds it was like carrying a baby around your neck! it was one of my first knitting projects, so the weight didn't occur to me till it was done.

It sat in the closet for years. about a month ago, i frogged it and started over. I'm knitting the year 3-4 scarf from Charmed Knits, and I think it will be must better! it probably won't smuther the wearer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silbi

Crafting is a lifelong itch of mine

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: November 26, 2007 05:14:13 PM »

I've been knitting a scarf for a number of years. after the first movie came out, i started knitting one for my husband. I followed some internet instruction that said to knit with 2 piece held together and knit it in the round.

After using about 15 large skeins, the scarf weighed about 8 pounds it was like carrying a baby around your neck! it was one of my first knitting projects, so the weight didn't occur to me till it was done.

It sat in the closet for years. about a month ago, i frogged it and started over. I'm knitting the year 3-4 scarf from Charmed Knits, and I think it will be must better! it probably won't smuther the wearer.

aww how sad it didnt work out. i dont know why you would knit with two strands held together unless it was really thin yarn!

im really glad u are using it to make something new tho. good luck with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
itscute
Blimy

« Reply #664 on: November 30, 2007 12:26:34 AM »

I have hit a lull in my scarf... it's just very very dull working in the round stockinette. 

Le BORE!

I'm knitting this for a friend, but she came by a couple of days ago, and didn't seem overly enthuses about it, and pointed out flaws.

(i mean it's ok for me to point out the flaws, but... it just sounds not ok coming out of someone else's mouth.)

to bring this post back to the topic at hand...

I am having some issues working the color changes. 

1. I'm trying the double knit in join as seen on knittinghelp.com
2. I am also trying to do the jogless jog.

combined the two effort is a little weird.  It's like I can only fix one problem at a time, when you try to fix more then one, the result is a jumbled mess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #665 on: November 30, 2007 12:39:31 AM »

I am having some issues working the color changes. 

1. I'm trying the double knit in join as seen on knittinghelp.com
2. I am also trying to do the jogless jog.

combined the two effort is a little weird.  It's like I can only fix one problem at a time, when you try to fix more then one, the result is a jumbled mess.

Try knitting in the ends with th jogless join.  It worked beautifully for me with Slytherin modified armwarmers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscute
Blimy

« Reply #666 on: November 30, 2007 01:35:44 AM »

Try knitting in the ends with th jogless join.  It worked beautifully for me with Slytherin modified armwarmers.

i tried that, but that also produced weird results...  I will post a picture of how weird in the morning... i just can't get it right. Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

silbi

Crafting is a lifelong itch of mine

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: November 30, 2007 08:37:51 AM »

i would suggest not doing any of those tricks at all. it might make for much less headache.

i didnt use the jogless join because you are going to fold the scarf at that edge anyway.

and i did normal weaving in of ends. it actually gave me something different to do after miles and miles of stockinette. and it turns out really neat.

i will post pictures later tonight.

Edited for pics:

im usually pretty picky about my knitting. but this time around i maintained my sanity instead!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007 04:15:52 PM by silbi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #668 on: November 30, 2007 10:31:39 AM »

The tension of the end being knitted in usually needs adjusting.  If you leave it loose & floppy, guess what!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscute
Blimy

« Reply #669 on: November 30, 2007 06:01:19 PM »

Here is the double knit in flop.  as one can see in the picture in the 5 & 6th verticle row  where the knitting joins is strange looking... this isn't as evident in the pictures, but in person it's real noticeable.

here's the knit the ends as you go... it's more noticeable in the yellow above as opposed to the red...

i think I might do the double knit in, and just ignore the jog...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Daffodil Decorations
How to Make Tissue Paper Carnations
How to Make Tissue Flowers
How to Make a Bag Out of Paper
How to Make a Felted Fabric Sandwich
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...