A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,378
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Scarf Knit-Along?  (Read 92991 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

looah77
« Reply #360 on: February 01, 2007 06:47:10 PM »

Ok, finally got the pictures onto photobucket. Me = Lazy. Ok...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
graciedoo
« Reply #361 on: February 02, 2007 04:34:58 AM »

I frogged the super-wide scarf and started again. Luckily, I hadn't gotten too far into it. Still, I hate frogging.

The whole thing's not even in the pic... I can't take photos for my life!
My scarf is almost 7 stripe repeats long.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007 04:36:37 AM by g.23paxilon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

isisfae
New England Yarn Addict

i poke badgers with spoons!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #362 on: February 02, 2007 07:09:41 AM »

i think the reason why they don't make short cord circs is b/c most knitters (at least the ones i know) will break out the DPNs if they're making a small circular item like socks or hats.

i'm thinking about using my DPNs to make a new PoA scarf with gryffindor colors for the book release.... going to use cotton, maybe even wide gauge cotton crochet thread, b/c i might have to re-reserve my copy at a book store in Orlando b/c the family vacation might be at the same time.

but crochet thread comes in a glittering gold... i've never seen a yarn like that that wasn't festive fur!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. ~Mark Twain
Iellwen
« Reply #363 on: February 02, 2007 09:37:12 PM »

Forgive me.  I just refound my password, and a couple of pages back, you were arguing about scarf widths.  My Ravenclaw, and first knitting project ever, is ten across so I win.

Heh.  I didn't have the heart to frog it in the beginning, and I find I like it better this way.

It's Red Heart Supersaver Dk. Navy and Simply Soft Grey Heather on ten-and-a-half bamboo circs using atypically's pattern.  I'll be dropping twenty or so stitches for my following projects.  I was young and silly, so I didn't know how rough it was, but I let a friend choose the yarn for her Slytherin scarf she chose Supersaver again, so it can't be that bad.

I'm about to pump out said Slytherin from supersaver and simply soft, a Ravenclaw from SS and Caron Perfect Match Midnight Blue, and then a Slytherin for myself in pure Simply Soft Dk. Sage and Grey Heather.

Pics later.  The parents have murdered the camera.  Must steal that of Slytherin recipient.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Michela
Hi, I'm Confused. And you are?

« Reply #364 on: February 03, 2007 09:41:41 AM »

im working a ravenclaw scarf, using the movie coloutrs cause I couldnt find a decent bronze anywhere. its nearly 2 feet long at this point, and im aiming for 6 feet, possiblt 8 if I have enoguh yarn. im using patons canadaina in navy blue and a medium shade of gray on size 9s in gater stitch. tube style would have been too heavy for my taste. its lovely and soft. ill post pictures soon. as soon as i track down my camera.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I craft so I can avoid reality.....
My wist
Michela

« Reply #365 on: February 03, 2007 12:54:31 PM »

Here it is. My SS/CS movie style scarf in ravenclaw colours. I'm going to make a POS style in gryffindor colours for the book release.

Can any on recommend a good non-wool blend (im allergic) yarn for the gryffindor one? I can't seem to find any that quite match what I have pictured in my head
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist
bhean
Fairly goth mother

believing is seeing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: February 03, 2007 03:13:20 PM »

Hey cool!  I just started a Gryffindor scarf for my son, I've got 2 repeats done which is astounding since a) my newborn doesn't give me more than 5 min a day to do anything; and b) I decided to do it stockinette in the round - I don't like garter stitch & since I could only find half decent colours in Red Heart, I didn't want it to be too rough.  Wish me luck, I hope I can finish it before the winter ends.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wistiness.... www.wists.com/bhean
Michela

« Reply #367 on: February 04, 2007 09:13:36 PM »

in less than 2 days ive more than doubled the length of my scarf. I just started the 5th repeat but I had to stop because I'm getting a nasty hand cramp. I't amazing how juch you can get done when you're supposed to be studying for a test that will make or break your grade in a course lol. (thats a half truth. I was listening to lecture audios while knitting instead of doing the readings i should have done )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My wist
ifellfromgrace05

Me and My Husband

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: February 05, 2007 02:19:32 AM »

Hey, I really want to make one also but ... lol i dont know how to knit. Does anyone know how I can learn?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Do Personal Swaps
graciedoo
« Reply #369 on: February 05, 2007 04:04:57 AM »

ifellfromgrace, they might have classes at a yarn store near you. There are also lots of great learn-to-knit books. I'd recommend Stitch N Bitch.

If you want to learn on your own, this site is helpful ----> http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/basic_techniques/
Start with the video on the Long Tail Cast-On. Then go to the one on knit stitch. On that site under "Advanced Techniques" is a video on how to use circular needles. Casting on, knit stitch, and using circs is all you need to know for a HP scarf. Good luck on your first projects!

It's great to hear that everyone's scarves are getting longer. Mine's about 8 stripe repeats now. michela - Caron Simply Soft is a soft acrylic that comes in lots of colors. I don't think they have any good yellows, but they have a deep red/maroon yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Mad Scientist Costume For Halloween
How to Make a Highway Costume For Halloween
How to Make an Owl Costume For Halloween
How to Make a Baby Shower Hanging Flower Decoration
How to Make a Baby Shower Bottle Themed Place Card
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...