A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
502 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Scarf Knit-Along?  (Read 98988 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

miss_katonic
« Reply #260 on: June 03, 2006 06:05:24 PM »

My son posing in our Gryffindor scarf..man that thing is huge!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MostlyHarmless
« Reply #261 on: June 05, 2006 05:13:19 AM »

I'll probably make one sometime in the fall, as its a little warm for it now (ahem...high today- 92 degrees)

For me it would not only be an ultra cool harry potter scarf, but also, the red and gold are my school's colors, so I will be all cool next winter with my school scarf, that looks much better than the ones they sell, and for much cheaper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yamwam
« Reply #262 on: June 06, 2006 07:19:18 PM »

Aw, your kid's being swallowed by the scarf! That's adorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
girladdicted
« Reply #263 on: June 07, 2006 12:32:29 AM »

Hi guys. I'm new to craftster and was so glad that this knitalong was on here. I've made a few HP scarves for myself, friends and coworkers. I still have 3 or 4 more to make before I've caught up with all the requests. I normally do them on circular needles, but I was wondering if anyone has tried making one on a loom, particularly a Knifty Knitter? The scarves are fun to make, but it gets a little mechanical after a while, and I thought trying it on a loom might be interesting. I just wondered if anybody had any tips or photos of their results using a loom. Thanks!

Here's a (crappy) picture of a couple of the scarves I've made. Sorry, I just moved and can't find the USB cord to my camera, so I used my cell phone camera.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

silbi

Crafting is a lifelong itch of mine

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 03, 2006 02:15:54 PM »

Hi everyone. im going to be starting the gryfinndor scarf soon! the trapped bar version. itll be great cuz i like hp and the colors are my school colors too!

im planning to use US10.5 needles using caron simply soft in autumn red and red heart in gold.
the big needles is because i like the drape that simply soft has in the bigger gauge (about 16st/4in not stretched) and so it wont be too bulky since the scarf is double thickness.

my main problem is, does anyone have any other suggestions for the yellow color? im having a really hard time finding a nice, warm, yellow in the same weight as simply soft. after a lot of searching, im planning on using the red heart, even though it is a bit thicker. the gauge for red heart is 17 st/in on US8s and simply soft is 18st/in on US8s.

before i go ahead with using the red heart, does anyone know a good substitute? i find that all the simply soft yellows are much too light in color. i did a small swatch with red heart and simply soft and it seemed ok. do you think the big needles will help disguise the gauge difference?

im hoping since the red heart is the gold stripes, it wont show much. any wisdom??

also if ur wondering, i dont want to use red heart as the main red color because i find it much too scratchy =/ who can resist the softness of caron??

thank you.

sylvia
« Last Edit: July 03, 2006 02:47:15 PM by silbi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
silbi

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2006 03:04:20 PM »

welps, looks like no one reads this thread anymore lol.

no problem because i found out that wool ease is 18 st / 4 in and comes in the color gold! yaaay =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silbi

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 09, 2006 07:12:06 PM »

heres a progress pic if anyone cares...

picture was slightly retouched for better color matching. the gold is not so orangey though..at least i hope it isnt.

i have to use two circulars because the width is about 15 in and i could only find 29 in needles in stores. hence, it is going a lot slower than i had planned but i think im getting used to it.

i tried to magic loop with one circular but my tension was terrible at the middle and the end of the rounds. i frogged and started over with two circulars.

im not doing a jogless jog. i think the combination of two circulars and all the ends of yarn at color switching is making it really hard for me to get it right. ive tried about 3 times and gave up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kymporter
One day sock monkeys will take over the world... make sure you're on their side!

I am indeed Vada's mom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: July 09, 2006 07:15:25 PM »

I think it looks great so far!  You have done a great job so far, and can't wait to see the rest! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWI: Sewing While Intoxicated
wolfybrie
« Reply #268 on: July 12, 2006 06:15:15 AM »

I think I'll make a PoA Hufflepuff scarf. I made a flece Hufflepuff scarf before, and it's pretty lame looking and falling apart. But it is pretty warm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silbi

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 02, 2006 07:35:10 PM »

progress

from

to

switched from two circulars to dpns. sooo much faster! was able to do more than a whole repeat within a day. im glad i forked over $3.99 for cheapo joann plastic dpns. there were clover bamboo ones there..but if i feel iffy about paying $3.99, there no way im going to fork over almost 10 bucks for dnps! and i dont really like the feel of bamboo with simply soft.

i aim to finish before winter!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The TV Wardrobes We Want to Raid This Fall
Jameelah Booker Unveils Her New Jacket Line at NYFW Spring 2014
3 Nonsurgical Ways to Boost Your Booty
2013 Emmys Fashion Predictions Revealed
Cara Delevingne Models Topshop For London Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...