A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,653
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Scarf Knit-Along?  (Read 93557 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #670 on: November 30, 2007 07:26:45 PM »

These are all pre-blocking, itscute?  The first looks pretty minor & fixable with blocking to me!

The knitting-in is odd.  How much of a tail are you trying to knit in? It's kind of like the double-knit transition--you don't need to work the whole tail in with that technique. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscute
Blimy

I live like a hermit in my own head.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #671 on: November 30, 2007 10:59:47 PM »

These are all pre-blocking, itscute?  The first looks pretty minor & fixable with blocking to me!

The knitting-in is odd.  How much of a tail are you trying to knit in? It's kind of like the double-knit transition--you don't need to work the whole tail in with that technique. Smiley
well it just seems like if I try to knit in with a short tail, the ends always pop out, so I wanted to knit with a LONG tail... maybe that's the issue... perhaps I should go thru and take out such long ends...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscute
Blimy

« Reply #672 on: December 03, 2007 07:23:36 AM »

I 3 needle bind off on the ends.   Duplicated my friend's initial...Then I sew closed the beginning end... and then I decided NO fringe for you!  So squashed the scarf a few times and pronounced it finished.  I rather like it.

Finished: Dec 3 2007, 5:00am
Pattern: Atypically.knits House Scarf
Started: Oct 28 2007
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash x 2
(ColNo: 893 ( Burgundy), ColNo: 877 (yellow))
Needle: Clover 16? Circ US 8 Bamboo.

I have decided to get over the bulky double knit in thing... and just adjust the tension on the knit in with the jogless a bit... I left one color change without the jogless jog, and honestly I hate it.  I hate it more than the weird bulky jogless jog funky thing... so i say, i pick the lesser of the two evils.

the weave in ends issue, i think it's just in the way I was knitting, the tension was different.  I was using a larger needle, thus emphasizing the stitches.

I liked working with the Cascase yarn... I might go get me more cascade 220 for another scarf, it's quite warm, and i like it without the fringe... i have yet to knit myself one of these... isn't that how it always is.... we're just too busy knitting for other people, that knitting for yourself gets ignored.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitch and stones
« Reply #673 on: December 03, 2007 03:42:35 PM »

Congrats on finishing it, itscute! It still looks great, even through all of the problems you had.

I've had to put my Slytherin traped bar off for now- even though I love knitting gifts, I miss making myself things. Soon though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
massiekur
weasley is our king!

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 27, 2007 06:14:52 PM »

Hey Guys!

All of your scarves are great! I have been making a Gryffindor scarf, but I am thinking of stopping. I am using more of a yellow, not a gold, so it looks like I support USC. lol. I really can't do 11 more blocks of that trapped bar pattern unless I am in love with it. Haha.

So, I have some Ravenclaw colored yarn here, and I am going to start tonight! I am going to curl up with HP5(Or 4..or..3? Which one? Lol) and get started!

I am on Harry Potter 6 (HBP) Right now, and I am so mad. I was looking for Harry Potter avatars, and someone spoiled what happens in this book! Garhg..oh well. Also, my cousin insists on telling me things, so I have to pull his hair quite often to shut him up. I threaten him with a stab in the eye with my size 13 needles(not using those on the project! lol)

I'll get pics tonight of my progress. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patters..." by Dumbledore Pg. 73 "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"
stitch and stones
« Reply #675 on: December 28, 2007 12:29:44 AM »

massiekur- Welcome. And we won't spoil HP for you, but my suggestion is to not go snooping until you finish the series Wink

With Christmas knitting, I've had to put my Slytherin trapped bar down. As soon as I finish this last late gift (which shouldn't be too long since it's a simple 2x2 rib scarf), I'll pick my baby back up. I think I left off of the third trap bar?

Pics coming soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap hungry- send me a yummy PM.

http://www.pinterest.com/amberburrr/

although imperfect, love is real, and it is balled up next to you smiling and rubbing sleep from its eyes. -the raintree
itscute
Blimy

« Reply #676 on: December 28, 2007 01:49:21 AM »

I've recently discovered that my local library has copies of harry potter on cd available for checking out.  and I find that listening to it while I knit is good, since I don't have to stare at the screen.  I'm not much of a multi-tasker.  There is a long waiting list for DH... but I have been able to get PoA, CoS & HBP... i just need to search for SS, GoF & wait for my turn on DH, then I'd have the whole set! It's a lot easier to carry around a small nano, as opposed to the whole 7 book set!

oh, also I saw the coolest sign at my library, it involved knitting and audio book.  it went something like, can't read while you knit, listen to audiobooks... i'll take a picture and share next time i go to the library... who knew libraries were so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

massiekur
weasley is our king!

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: December 29, 2007 12:13:24 PM »

Haha. I am trying to stay away from anything HP on the internet..*shifty eyes*

I have done one trapped bar sequence. 12 to go! lol. this thing is like, 12 inches wide! I casted on 110 stitches. I usually wear skinny scarves, but I like this one the width that it is. (It's wider than my size 10 shoes are long! By like, 4 inches!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I do love knitting patters..." by Dumbledore Pg. 73 "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince"
paigepatchouli
« Reply #678 on: January 01, 2008 04:59:55 PM »

Argh!
I just made a gryffindor scarf for my uncle this christmas but didn't think to take pictures.

Good luck to you all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Paige
craftywillow
« Reply #679 on: January 03, 2008 09:53:57 AM »

I made my sister a ravenclaw POA scarf for xmas.  it took me about 2 months.  i'm telling you, this thing took over my life while i was working on it!  I used wool-ease worsted weight yarn in denim and heather gray, knit on circulars.  the ends were 'sewn' together with the fringe.

by the way, this is my first ever completed knitting project!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008 08:42:37 PM by craftywillow - Reason: edited to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Amy Sohn Reveals Her Biggest Pet Peeve
Meet Author Martin Cruz Smith
Pete Cerqua Offers 90-Second Fitness Solutions
Michael Yapko Talks About Depression is Contagious
Helen Thorpe Talks About Just Like Us
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...