A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,380
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Scarf Knit-Along?  (Read 92995 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ray-ray_chan

This is Lenny, a ketchup bottle therapist.

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 09, 2006 07:00:34 PM »

hi, i just joined today. i been want to make a HP scarf for a while, but couldn't find the right colors and couldn't decide what house to knit. Soooo my friend made me take a sorting quiz to find out and i'm a hufflepuff, so i'm gonna knit a SS/Cos Hufflepuff scarf. having people know that i'm supposed to be making one will motivate me for a big project.

btw, can anyone give me yarn recomendations that come in the colors that aren't too expensive?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silbi

Crafting is a lifelong itch of mine

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 09, 2006 07:53:01 PM »

if u dont mind acrylic, i suggest lion brand wool ease in buttercup and black, or caron simply soft in lemonade(its a bit bright of a yellow) and black. both kinds are under $3 per skein. for a 6oz (315yd) simply soft, youll probably need 2 skeins of the main color. if you use the wool ease (197/skein), you'll probably need double that. both are machine washable.

im making a hogwarts one. im using simply soft in autumn red and wool ease in gold. they have the same gauge also.

im on the 9th repeat! more than halfway there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lechaton

yes that is an at-at.

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 10, 2006 12:09:48 AM »

oh good. i'm glad i'm not the only one still working on mine. Smiley i'm making a hufflepuff scarf in blue and pale grey wool-ease on size 8s. it's double-knit, so not -technically- worked in the round. i'm doing the trapped bar pattern but for some reason i'm doing 3 rows of silver instead of two rows.

i started this before PoA came out, that's how long i've been working on this thing. i had to put it aside to make one for my friend that had to be finished before she went on vacation and then i got bored so i started working on other projects. maybe with someone else working on theirs i'll get a kick in the pants. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We won't stop until somebody calls the cops and even then we'll start again and just pretend that nothing ever happened. - Kimya Dawson.

http://airn.livejournal.com
http://www.wists.com/lechaton
http://www.shelfari.com/erinw

i'm all over the internet.
knitty mcknitknit

I love scotch, scotchy scotch scotch, down it goes

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2006 05:35:26 AM »

I know what you mean, lechaton, about how easy it is to put this aside -- it's so boring! No wonder people invented cables, bobbles, and the like.

I made one scarf last year, for the Goblet of Fire movie, to give to a friend. It was so hard to give up after all that inane work that another one was soon on the needles, but without the motivation of another movie (I think Order of the Phoenix comes out Nov 2007), I'm stuck.

Just keep going! Like Dory in Finding Nemo: Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ray-ray_chan

This is Lenny, a ketchup bottle therapist.

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 10, 2006 09:28:47 AM »

lechaton, aren't you talking about a movie style Ravenclaw?
Hufflepuff if black and yellow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
writeforme
the princess Tessa

^I love him in a thousand ways.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: August 10, 2006 05:56:46 PM »

Whee so I finally picked up my Slytherin scarf that I started like half a year ago again.

I'm not knitting in the round or anything- it's just the most basic a scarf can get, lol.

But I'm pretty happy with the progress! 10 rows per stripe, and now I'm working on the 13th stripe! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

11:11 am
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: November 03, 2006 05:07:08 PM »

im making a hogwarts one. im using simply soft in autumn red and wool ease in gold. they have the same gauge also.

That's a good idea. I really like the Simply Soft autumn red color, but I didn't consider it for a Hogwarts scarf because of there not being a suitable gold color in SS. Your progress pictures look really good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
silbi

Crafting is a lifelong itch of mine

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 05, 2006 08:56:26 PM »

That's a good idea. I really like the Simply Soft autumn red color, but I didn't consider it for a Hogwarts scarf because of there not being a suitable gold color in SS. Your progress pictures look really good.

aww thanks, i really do like the feel of Simply Soft and i think the gold is a pretty good match. i worried the worsted weight would be bulky but at the rather large gauge (US10.5needles) it has a nice drape and it feels great around my neck =)

i only have a few repeats to go now.

and now that i bought the boye interchangeables set (50% off joann coupon!), i no longer have to use DPNs. I'm so excited! I'll be able to knit knit knit on a 16'' circular with no changing needles or magic loop! I've put away this project for a few months because of school craziness. After I finish a WIP, im totally going to finish it. i just cut my hair super short and need scarves!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitty mcknitknit

I love scotch, scotchy scotch scotch, down it goes

« Reply #278 on: November 06, 2006 06:00:29 AM »

Good for you, Silbi, for doing Locks of Love! I sent them some hair once and it felt great.

Best of luck with the scarf! These recent posts have inspired me to pick up mine and, unlike the one I knit last year, it's actually fun! Maybe because there isn't the pressure to finish it before the next movie (which isn't for quite a while, i believe).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DisneyDancer1986
Queen Of Knitting Faeries

Knit On!

« Reply #279 on: November 16, 2006 10:45:39 PM »

I've finally got started on a SS/COS style HP scarf a while back, and have been working on it here and there. It's gryffindor (As if you didn't know), and here is a pix of it!  Wink

At first i thought it would be waaay too wide, but the more I watch the movies, the better I feel, especially in the 4th movie.  Smiley I'm on the 6th stripe and plan on knitting 19.

silbi, I admire you if you can knit on dpns, when trying to make a hat, I had so much troubles changing from circular to dpns, so I had my mom teach me the magic loop method. It looks really good, maybe (someday in the far future, the way my life is looking) I'll make a POA/GOF version, I'm beginning to warm up to them, but am still faithful to the block stripes! Lol, but the new version is great too.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

:::
.-*-.(`).-*-.
`..`....
http://knittingfaerie.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kamran Pasha Reveals His Favorite Movie
Susanna Clarke Wishes She Had This Talent
Ian Halperin Talks About Unmasked: The Final Years of Michael Jackson
Charles R. Smith Jr. Talks About My People
Brendan McNally Talks About Germania
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...