A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Harry Potter Scarf Knit-Along?  (Read 94733 times)
Tags for this thread: harry_potter , scarf  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kyou

Pinktank - The Knitters Army

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2006 06:57:48 PM »

Did they change the scarfs between PoA and GoF? Because I went to go see the GoF (yeah, I was the last person on the planet who hadn't seen it), and I counted the CC rows on HP's scarf. 4. Not 3, 4. I'm surprised, and I think they must have changed it, but why would they do that? It's such an insignificant change for the movie, but for the person who's knitting it... well technically its a PoA scarf that I'm knitting, but still. I thought they were the same. Anyone know?

I saw that too. I think this is the first time that the scarves have been in that tight of a close up and the first time anyone could really count the number of stitches. The pattern from atypically is just a ratio that looked approximately right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinktank.etsy.com - Hat Patterns

Check out my blog and enter my first contest! http://thepinktank.blogspot.com
Obsessed Knitter
« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2006 03:27:01 AM »

Makes sense. I wish the atypicallyknit pattern was 100 percent correct though. It's such a small difference, but still, it kinda annoys me. ::urgh:: But its not a big enough difference to frog over or to abandon the project. The reason I chose this scarf wasn't so much because of HP (which I love), but because I liked the large stripe, little stripe, medium stripe, little stripe pattern. One less stitch isnt going to kill me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DisneyDancer1986
Queen Of Knitting Faeries

Knit On!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #242 on: January 19, 2006 07:22:17 PM »

Hmmmm, I've done a few Gryffindor scarves in a drop stitch pattern b/c I was making one for a late present for a friend, who, lucky person, won free tickets to see the GOF before it came out to the public.  Angry But she was a bit depressed too because a friend who we both thought was a close & good friend turned on her, and later turned on me, so I knew the scarf would cheer her up!  Grin Grin Grin But I still have a LOT of yarn left over and maybe will try an actual HP scarf sometime. After I finish the blanket I'm making for my fiance, which may take some time.... OK, a LOT of time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

:::
.-*-.(`).-*-.
`..`....
http://knittingfaerie.blogspot.com/
3j0hn
« Reply #243 on: January 24, 2006 12:57:57 PM »

Just completed a Slytherin scarf using the pattern at atypically knit.  It's 78 stitches round on US#7 using Lion Brand Wool-Ease in Green and Fisherman (should have used Heather instead - ahwell).  It's 70" long and 8" wide.  There are fewer tassels than perscribed due to a shortage of green yarn (two skeins is just a little short of enough).

The HP stitched in is for irony.  I still need to block it to try to flatten it a little.

If I did it again, I'd probably get three skeins of green, and knit the stripes with 27 rounds instead of 22 rounds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Laural
I like exclamation points!!

« Reply #244 on: January 24, 2006 01:28:41 PM »

Lovely scarf!

Wanting to make myself one of these is the reason that I checked out the Stitch n' Bitch book. My birthday is in April and my request was for the yarn to make me one, and a set of addi turbo circulars to make it so hopefully I will be able to join all of you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let's put the FUN back in dysfunctional!!

Wists: http://wists.com/PrincessLaural
writeforme
the princess Tessa

^I love him in a thousand ways.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: February 04, 2006 10:51:11 AM »

Whee! I got my yarn last night, and cast on right when I got home. I'm making one PS/CoS style in green + silver...Slytherins represent Wink
I'm not doing a stockinette stitch because I'm a super beginner & would prefer to have this done before, uh, June. ^^ I'm in the middle of my 2nd stripe.
Everyone's scarves look fabulous!

<3
-Tessa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

11:11 am
lilravenclawgirl
« Reply #246 on: February 04, 2006 11:14:09 PM »

I just finished my POA gryfindor Harry Potter scarf today (well, yesterday since now it is past midnight)!! yay.  I'll get pictures as soon as I can get my hands on a digital camera.  It is 100 inches long, with the tassels. I didn't use the exact pattern as on atypicallyknit.com.  I actually messed up.  The SS/COS scarves are 22 rows per bar.  I did 22 rows, cut off the yarn, cast on the gold, then looked online for the number of yellow, and found out that it was 27 rows instead for the POA scarves.  All well, I actually like it better.  If I would of did 27, it probably would of been dragging the floor on me, and I'm 5'6"!!!  The tassels turned out okay.  They are a bit shorter than I wanted, but longer than the tassels on the scarves in the movie.  Instead of doing all burgandy, I mixed into each tassel some gold.  They're really big and puffy too.  All in all, this being my first completed knitting project turned out pretty damn good!!!  My sorority sisters now want me to make them all a scarf!!!  Ahh!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitty mcknitknit

I love scotch, scotchy scotch scotch, down it goes

« Reply #247 on: February 12, 2006 05:55:10 PM »

Finally! I got a pic of the PoA scarf I knit back for the GoF movie and gave to a friend. Here she is, modeling happily...(smirkily):

« Last Edit: March 04, 2011 05:02:43 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
yamwam
« Reply #248 on: February 12, 2006 08:27:42 PM »

Great scarf, knitty mcknitknit! Interesting name, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wists
writeforme
the princess Tessa

^I love him in a thousand ways.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: February 12, 2006 08:37:57 PM »

Pretty knit! Even though it is, you know, Gryffindor. Haha ^^ jk. Anyway, I paused in my knitting to make a fun fur scarf for my sister (the first scarf I've ever finished! Yay!) and have picked up my slytherin scarf again. I'm on the 9th stripe!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

11:11 am
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet an Infinity Scarf
How to Crochet Felted Flowers
How to Crochet Flowers
How to Rib Stitch Crochet
How to Make a Duct Tape Sports Hand
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...