A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 302,665
Currently Running With Scissors:
528 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: dyed hair  (Read 406 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Happychick
« on: August 21, 2005 12:50:48 PM »

Since there seems to be a ton of discussion about it, i've given it's very own thread! Also I want to dye my hair, but i'm a bit of a wuss, and i have no idea what colour would suit me. Also want my hair cut, it's currently medium brownish colour, and just past my shoulders. I'm thinking on the lines of a total image re haul, so maybe something short and punky... Anyhoo, whaddya think (dying your hair is just another craft right?)
ooh and one other thing, i'm being home schooled this year, so school rules are no prob (whooooo!!)
xoxox
Rosie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sooper_nikki

i do everything Alton tells me to

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005 12:56:59 PM »

you could cut it short and punky like and put that temp color mousse in it.
like a diff color every day?just a thought:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheeky bastard
L

skinned up knees and salty lips

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005 07:55:55 PM »

bleach whatever part of you hair you wanna die...buy manic panic and do it whatever color your feeling for the week...for me ima bleach blonde and pink bangs...i love it...im a bartender and it brings SO much attention and conversations...i love dying my hair whether it be an OUT THER color or just plain jane...i constantly LOVE changes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog. read often. comment more.
<A HREF="http://www.apessimistsview.blogspot.com">

you taste so sweet but i cant eat the same thing everyday...
remember1947

The Truth Is Out There!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005 04:22:03 PM »

short and punky is good. tons of choppy layers are prettyful. get a temporary dye first time to make sure you like the colour. before commiting to bleaching (eep [bad experience])
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Maybe We Believe The Same Thing"
"Then Maybe There's Hope"
yoyowa

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezes are cool.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005 07:58:54 PM »

Here is my story and hopefully you all learn from it:

I started dying my hair in about 8th grad. I wanted ard brown (my hair is naturally medium brown) but it came out purple. I like it though and did it again (of course a non-permanent). I've dyed it many times since. So last year I decided to go black for something differant. My friend always dyes my hair (did it all the times before) so i let her again. She only did half my head before the dye ran out so she ran back out to ge more. By the end of it, half of it was darker than the other but not that noticable. Then the nonpermanent dye wouldn't wash out. Slowly you could tell the difference in color more and more (half darker than the othr half).  I decided to dye it to my orginal color again (sick of the black), I already had about and inch and a half of roots anyways. So I dyed it my brown again and that same night put some fushia strands in the front. The brown didn't stick to my hair except the roots, turning it blonde. The fushia only stuck to the roots and turned into orange.

So now my hair is black, and inch and a half of blonde, about two inches of my original brown and in four place there are orange dots. I have no money to strip my hair and I don't trust my friend anymore to do it. I tried cutting it but it didn't hide it at all. And senior pictures were two weeks ago and let me tell you, they looks mighty pretty (oh the sarcasm........)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a fat, crafty chick. LOUD AND PROUD!

Check out my bi-weekly podcast where two twenty something heterosexual women (who act like fifty something gay men) discuss geek culture, pop culture and all things Disney, Doctor Who and theater.
http://theeclecticeccentrics.blogspot.com/
kiwitart
Angry Pixie

Writing is like butterfly soup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005 08:12:49 PM »

Oh dear... if you'd asked someone might have been able to tell you that black will stay for ever and is very hard to dye over. I'm sorry you had to learn the hard way. I would suggest finding a good bleach and trying to bleach the black parts. It might not work, but it's cheaper than stripping. And it's not your friend's fault. Don't be mad at her, it's just the way of black hair dye.

About bleaching Adan then dying,  don't know if this is true for everyone but when I do that the color never comes out fully. You can just dye over it, but don't expect it to all wash out. Dying darker than your natural color many times doesn't wash out either, no matter what the package says... of course dying lighter without using a formula with peroxide rarely works... so your kind of screwed in the semi-temporary section (of the regular colors, unnatural colors seem to have their own rules)

Maybe my hair is weird, but that's what I've found.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways to Shop Like A Billionaire
Wear the Colour Blocking Trend: Camel and Navy
High Street Edit: 3 Daisy Street Outfits
Skinny Jeans and Your Skin
How to Rock a White Bodycon Dress and Bomber Jacket
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...