A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 47 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY Craft Kit Swap Gallery  (Read 9545 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amyshrugged

ohhh...we could start over again

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2005 02:52:45 PM »

I received the greatest little kit from Alison yesterday!!

It was all packaged in a perfect container.  (How did she know I'm infamous for having my project components spread out all over the house?)

And then once I opened the container, there was so much packed inside, I couldn't fit it all back in!  

She sent me a nice note on really cute stationery, an embroidery hoop with my name embroidered on it, instructions and examples of the stitches, a marking pencil and a transfer pencil, a leaf stencil that I love, two different packages of needles, 36! skeins of floss, a skein of pearl cotton in my favorite color (way to go, Alison), two different kinds of fabric to embroider on, AND a denim bag for my first embroidery project.

I am so happy with this kit that I'm jealous of myself!  haha  

Many thanks to the wondrous Alison, embroideress, packaging major, and mind reader extraordinaire!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 07:50:26 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now accepting orders for custom handmade books.. treat yourself to a new handbound journal or sketchbook! 
PM me for details.

etsy shop coming soon!
HHH
No, not the wrestler.

Happiness is a warm min pin...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2005 08:09:34 PM »

k-roc

I'm glad you liked everything! And that you got pictures! I forgot to take pictures I was so excited to get it sent out to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for a Miniater Pinscher? Try a rescue pup!
http://www.minpinrescue.org/

My Blog: http://everythingholley.blogspot.com/
k-roc
yarnophile

likes stuff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2005 08:04:35 AM »

SO! I really really want to post my pics, but I have a MAC and I have no idea how. Anyone want to explain slowly to the slow person?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I "Wist" you'd stalk me...
http://www.wists.com/ScarlettBegonia

If you're gonna dine with them cannibals, well sooner or later darling you're going to get eaten.
leelee
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2005 08:11:31 AM »

At the very top of this page there is a HELP link.  I used it yesterday, along with the preview of my post to double check (which was good since I didn't get it right the first time).  I loaded my pics up on my website, and then linked to the picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure
without losing your enthusiasm.
- Winston Churchill -
k-roc
yarnophile

likes stuff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2005 09:43:46 AM »

HHH I want to put you in my pocket and steal you away forever and ever. No really I do.
I got this DELICIOUS embroidery kit!

First off: Super-cute packaging!!!! Ohhhh!

Second: All my treatsies! There's two patterns for days of the week tea-towels. (eek! I've been dying to make these! I LOVE THEM!) A hand-made stitch-book and a cute pin-holder with my initial on it. Plus all of the supplies needed to get me off and runnin' on my little embroiders feet!

This is a close-up of the stitch-book and pin-case.The stitch-book contains different stitches in black and white wool that I can complete myself! As a kinetic/visual learner this is tops!!!

This is a blurry me looking hungrily at the patterns. I wanted to rip them open and start right there, but alas, had a doctor's appointment...

She was so thorough and clear! She explained everything in a sweet little note, including the stitches she used on my  pin-case and a great website to go to for future reference.
HHH you honestly made my day. I had to go for a PAP right after I got your package and the only thing that got me through it was thinking about all of those lovely goodies you sent me! I can tell you had a lot of fun putting it together because it was so fun to recieve! Thanks for such a great first swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you're gonna dine with them cannibals, well sooner or later darling you're going to get eaten.
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2005 10:40:05 AM »

everything's so cute!
Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dukeslax44
the sporty knitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005 10:57:10 AM »

I got my package today from mrsbenjmadden and it is awesome!! I love the pattern for the bag and the fabrics, I can't wait to make the bag!!!! I will post pictures of the kit after I move, so probably some time this weekend! THanks so much for a very cool kit!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Everything happens for a reason??? I'm still waiting for someone to tell me the reason
auburngirl
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2005 01:03:27 PM »

Wow-this is a really great swap!!  I hope y'all don't mind, but I'm going to reply to keep track of it-these kits would make great Christmas/Birthday presents!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is to not stop questioning."
               -Albert Einstein
k-roc
yarnophile

likes stuff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005 07:03:33 AM »

Wow-this is a really great swap!!  I hope y'all don't mind, but I'm going to reply to keep track of it-these kits would make great Christmas/Birthday presents!

I know! I'm not going to say much cause starpiste hasn't gotten mine yet (sorry! been craziness!) but I'm keeping copies of some of the information I found and I plan on assembling many more kits like this! It's so perfect! I already know who I'm going to give my first embroidery project too from my kit! I can't wait to see more fabulous ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

capitanjen
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005 02:23:50 PM »

ooo!! i cant wait to get mine. all of them look aaaaaaaaaaamazing!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fght ff yr dmns. crft n yr slp.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cleanse Skin and Remove Makeup in One Step
Jennifer Aniston Reveals Her Tips for Perfect Skin
How to Organize Your Makeup
My Top 3 Websites for Chic, Cheap Accessories
How To Create A Smokey Eye
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...