A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 305,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "scrap" afghan, *edited for a backside pic (first post)  (Read 29182 times)
Tags for this thread: afghan , tutorial , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crosette
Ultimate Procrastinator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2005 10:43:21 AM »

Oooh, thanks for the pattern.   Grin  Do you think that would work as a blanket??  Like if you just keep going around and around? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy. Come here, Squishy...Come here, little Squishy...bzzzzt...Ow! Bad squishy, bad Squishy!! - Dory
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2005 11:09:55 AM »

i never had formal crochet lessons and never got the hang of weaving in the ends...and i don't trust the project with weaving. i'm so afraid that it will get unravelled! so i knot the ends. i pull them real tight so that there i sno bump.

i won't ever win a blue ribbon, but everyone has liked their gifts so far!

but that's what i like about crochet and craftin' - there are no rules!! just as long as the project looks good.

beautiful afghan. i'm always too lazy to do granny squares, but i'm going to start one this summer just to MAKE me do it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
mmmfruit
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2005 09:10:22 PM »

looks great Smiley i've been meaning to make one of these out of the millions of scraps i have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

box of purls
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2005 09:47:13 PM »

What a beautiful afghan.  When I first started knitting I attempted to make a scrap afghan, but I got lazy and bored and it's sitting in my room only halfway made.
Also I understand about the crafting being therapeutic.  When I broke up with my boyfriend I made two baby blankets in about a week when usually it would have taken me about a month or so for one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2005 01:45:02 PM »

I really like the quilt look Cheesy
And thanks for the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2005 02:10:46 PM »

6 ch-1 sps.

I barely know any crocheting, and I'm having troubles dechifering everything in a foreign language Roll Eyes I've gotten most of it, but don't understand what that bit means... could someone please explain?  Cry or atleast tell me what sps is, so I can look it up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
myrLegacy
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2005 03:45:36 PM »

6 ch-1 sps.

I barely know any crocheting, and I'm having troubles dechifering everything in a foreign language Roll Eyes I've gotten most of it, but don't understand what that bit means... could someone please explain?  Cry or atleast tell me what sps is, so I can look it up

in the pattern, you double crochet 1 then chain 1 then double crochet 1.
the chain one in between the double crochets is called a ch-1 sp.  sp=space.  sps=spaces.
hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyKT5
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2005 03:48:53 PM »

sps is spaces...For example, for the first round, you are chaining one after each set of double crochets.  At the end of the round you will have 12 double crochets and 6 spaces in between them.  Does that make sense?  I hope that helps.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AmyKT5
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2005 03:49:51 PM »

oops!  Looks like MyrLegacy got that one while I was typing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ctgirl
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2005 06:44:20 PM »

WOW that is amazing!  And would be a great way to use up left over bits of yarn laying around.  I am not much of a crocheter, but just yesterday started making a some square granny squares, just to try them out.  Now I really want to make tons so I can have a cool random scrappy afghan.  I love how quick the granny squares are to make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Shadows - Photoshop
How to Use New Media - ScreenFlow
How to Create a Shining Orb - Pixelmator
How to Create a False HDR Image - Photoshop
How to Use Smart Filters - Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...