A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,958
Currently Running With Scissors:
560 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Classic Tutorials Board?  (Read 1429 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 20, 2005 07:46:08 AM »

I don't know if someone else suggested this but it seems like I have read it somewhere before. Could something be done w/ all the tutorials on the Purse thread? I'm talking the ones w/ 8 million repiles (Jordy,Lined Zippered Pouch,Rounder Roomy Bag,etc.). It's a little annoying (to me anyway) to go there and half of the first page is these tutorials. Maybe another child board for famous tutorials or something?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005 12:23:36 PM by BlueJeanBaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nutritiongal
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005 10:14:31 AM »

Yeah like, for the "Classics" or whatever. Good idea.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005 01:31:57 PM by handxhand » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back after a fews years of inactivity and looking forward to getting back into crafting!

Visit my blog: http://roaringtwentieskerri.blogspot.com/
BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005 11:53:52 AM »

"Classics"....that's the word I was looking for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005 12:16:21 PM »

Totally awesome, though I think you should change the name of this thread...or add to it like "Classic tutorials board" Just so that it catches more attention...because when I read "cleaning" I immediately thought like housework. And I was thinking "how is that crafty?" just  a suggestion Wink

And I love YOUR suggestion. It's hard searching for all the lovely tutorials. I think that a board should be made just specifically for all tutorials...or be a child board for every board. I noticed a lot of people put "tut, tute, tutorial" in their posts and it's hard to remember which word to search for when remembering a certain tutorial. So I end up having to do it a few times.

Some people don't even modify the name of their post to add "tute" or anything to it when they add a tutorial, and that's annoying. But maybe with the "tutorial" board and some moderaters to move new tutes, stuff could be more accessable and easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
sporkx71

Like anything I made? http://sporkx71.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005 01:26:10 PM »

i agree...it would make things easier to find. and i also find it annoying to not be able to see *new* posts on the purse board...i usually see the same ones  (with all the zillions of replies) and i have to go to page 2 or 3 to see all the new ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like anything I've made? BUY it here: http://sporkx71.etsy.com
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005 07:48:34 AM »

perhaps we could solve this without moving them all to a seperate board.  seperating them from the related posst means that people looking for how to make purses may not be able to find what they want.  maybe we could do something like have one sticky post at the top that contained links to all of the tutorials, and then those tutorials could be un-stickied.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mangosplash
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005 12:20:19 PM »

I have to admit, I kinda like the idea of a separate board for all of the tutorials....  I agree that it would take a little while to get them all moved to the new board (unless you post a request for everyone with tutorials to move/copy them if they can... and for new tutorials, to just post it directly on the new tutorial page and then post a link on the forum site for everyone that's in that certain board.... 

It would be REALLY COOL if the main tutorial page was organized really well too:  For example, have different headings (Accessories, Clothing, Knitting, etc...), then subheadings (Accessories could turn into - Necklaces, Earrings, etc...)  That way, if somebody is looking for a tutorial of a certain project, it would be very easy to find... AND it would be very easy to post a new tutorial in the categories and keep everything organized neatly!  I think everyone would enjoy it... especially if the link to it was directly on the craftster forum (maybe where the links are on the side for blog, shop crafty, classifieds, and picture hosting)

If there's web space available, I'd be happy to get the layout ready and start copying tutorials to the new site! (If this is what everybody wants to do, that is... hehe! Kinda getting ahead of myself!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What have you done today to make you feel proud?" - Heather Small
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005 12:50:33 PM »

perhaps we could solve this without moving them all to a seperate board.  seperating them from the related posst means that people looking for how to make purses may not be able to find what they want.  maybe we could do something like have one sticky post at the top that contained links to all of the tutorials, and then those tutorials could be un-stickied.

That sounds like an even better idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
Pink_Dinosaur
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005 01:53:41 AM »

I have to admit, I kinda like the idea of a separate board for all of the tutorials....  I agree that it would take a little while to get them all moved to the new board (unless you post a request for everyone with tutorials to move/copy them if they can... and for new tutorials, to just post it directly on the new tutorial page and then post a link on the forum site for everyone that's in that certain board.... 

It would be REALLY COOL if the main tutorial page was organized really well too:  For example, have different headings (Accessories, Clothing, Knitting, etc...), then subheadings (Accessories could turn into - Necklaces, Earrings, etc...)  That way, if somebody is looking for a tutorial of a certain project, it would be very easy to find... AND it would be very easy to post a new tutorial in the categories and keep everything organized neatly!  I think everyone would enjoy it... especially if the link to it was directly on the craftster forum (maybe where the links are on the side for blog, shop crafty, classifieds, and picture hosting)

If there's web space available, I'd be happy to get the layout ready and start copying tutorials to the new site! (If this is what everybody wants to do, that is... hehe! Kinda getting ahead of myself!)

i think thats a good idea
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: http://pinkdinosaur.blogspot.com/
Wists: http://www.wists.com/pink_dinosaur
------------------------------
We could learn a lot from crayons. Some are sharp, some are pretty and some are dull. Some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all have to live in the same box
redrose1028
Leanne

ciao~hola~salut~hello~

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2005 11:59:07 AM »

this link has all the different categories of tutiorals
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=25199

hope that helped Smiley
ur idea is good also- i hate having to look through so many pages
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.').')
`..*Leanne*..`
(.'(.'**`'.)`'.)
mangosplash
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2005 12:10:33 PM »

Awesome!! I love it!!  Thanks redrose for the link!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What have you done today to make you feel proud?" - Heather Small
redrose1028
Leanne

ciao~hola~salut~hello~

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2005 12:11:44 PM »

wlcm - would thank whoever made it lol they made the tutorial-finding incredibly easy for the rest of us
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'.(`'.**.').')
`..*Leanne*..`
(.'(.'**`'.)`'.)
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Your Blowout Last Longer
Try Hair Gloss For Shiny Locks
How to Create a Twisted Bun Hairstyle
Erykah Badu Leads Celebration of Natural Hair
How to Wear a 90s Scrunchie
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...