A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
392 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: bookmark swap no. 2!  (Read 5778 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dreamisle
ATCs are great!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2005 03:36:36 PM »

The ones I sent to dreamisle (the left is paper with invisible ink message and the right is beige cotton fabric)
Sorry if I have the intelligence of a crayon, but i never figured out the invisible ink part??

Dreamisle: on the bookmark made of paper there is a hidden message written with invisible ink (this was to give it more a 'discovery' feeling). The bookmark is like a triptic and inside is the message. All you need to do is to bring the open bookmark close to (or top of) a lamp or light bulb -the lamp or light bulb must be turned on- and the heat will reveal the message that is there. You will see it, suddenly the letters will appear in brown.  Smiley
let me know if it works
Sorry, it still isn't working. Maybe American lightbulbs suck? Anyway I'll keep trying. Have you ever done it before and what were the results like then? If I can't make it work in a few days you can tell me what it said Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Paper
Library Due Date Card ATCs
I make handmade paper! PM me for trades!
I made a Pillow!
Darkest_Faerie
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2005 05:08:36 PM »

Dont worry about it Catyx, its nothing i cant fix...(glitter was just harder to copy and paste in the paint program)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-See my photography here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceylheureux/
-Visit my blog here: http://tinystarcreations.blogspot.com/
-Check out my zazzle site here:
http://www.zazzle.com/paper_airplane*
kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2005 09:16:40 PM »

Here are the 2 I have so far and will update when I get my 3rd.

The blue paper and stamped one is from StarSix and the wire flower is from BklynGal - thanks again
Smiley

Here are the ones I made. The 1st one went to sugarhandgrenade/she said she liked pin-ups and tattoo's  - the 2nd one went to NVA/she said she liked the joy of being a bitch - and the last one went to fadeawaydream and is braided hemp and wooden beads - because she didn't want an ordinary paper bookmark
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 03:43:38 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
NVA
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2005 11:40:34 PM »

The ones I sent to dreamisle (the left is paper with invisible ink message and the right is beige cotton fabric)
Sorry if I have the intelligence of a crayon, but i never figured out the invisible ink part??

Dreamisle: on the bookmark made of paper there is a hidden message written with invisible ink (this was to give it more a 'discovery' feeling). The bookmark is like a triptic and inside is the message. All you need to do is to bring the open bookmark close to (or top of) a lamp or light bulb -the lamp or light bulb must be turned on- and the heat will reveal the message that is there. You will see it, suddenly the letters will appear in brown.  Smiley
let me know if it works
Sorry, it still isn't working. Maybe American lightbulbs suck? Anyway I'll keep trying. Have you ever done it before and what were the results like then? If I can't make it work in a few days you can tell me what it said Tongue

You can also iron over the book mark and the meassage will show up. It's heat activated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucid501
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2005 03:39:30 PM »

Here are pictures of the bookmarks I received from sugarhandgrenade (on the left) and ohmyword (on the right) I love them!

the fronts

and the backs

« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 03:43:21 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lucid501
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2005 11:53:37 AM »

Flareon was my wonderful partner in the "Your Art for My Craft" swap and she stepped in as a swap angel in this swap, and sent me this beautiful tatted bookmark!

Thanks Flareon!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 03:43:50 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreamisle
ATCs are great!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2005 02:35:21 PM »

Wow Flareon, you're awesome at those lovely tatted bookmarks. You must be made of like, magic! and candy and a stereo with a 3 cd changer. Because that's what the aliens told me you're made of Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade Paper
Library Due Date Card ATCs
I make handmade paper! PM me for trades!
I made a Pillow!
kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2005 11:16:06 PM »

Here are the bookmarks I made as a Swap Angel for the littlest ninja

the first one is a fabric covered and the star one is glow in the dark with her cats nicknames on the back in glow in the dark embossing powder.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011 03:43:06 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2005 11:32:22 PM »

Haha, sorry, I've been super lazy and super busy, which is bad.  I totally meant to post pictures of everything here, and just got jumbled up.  I'll see if I can get something up in the next day or two (stupid college)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2005 01:14:39 PM »

Okay, here's the ones I sent to StarSix, Darkest_Faerie, and Princess Dukki.

The one on the left says "You are the music while the music lasts" It's a t.s. eliot quote
The one on the right says "Reading is Stupid, TV is Better"

I'll edit this with the ones I received as soon as I figure out which books I stuck them in.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005 01:16:55 PM by the littlest ninja » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 19/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 17/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 21/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 26/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 1/26
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...