A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
759 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Leaf Pullover- Interweave knits, Loop-d-loop book  (Read 22271 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2005 02:40:32 PM »

I really like your sweater too!
I think it's perfect for a knock around sweater if you're worried that it's not the most flattering thing you have. Especially since it's so fall-like.
I'm so behind with mine! I've been doing all these swaps and small projects and haven't touched it for a while- although I have finished the bottom piece, but that was easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2005 03:00:15 PM »

I've finished the bottom for mine. I'm working with Rowan Polar in red hot. So far it is really lovely. I got gauge with size 11 needles and all my measurements are spot on with the book.

I'm sorry so many folks aren't happy with theirs!!! I really like the way yours turned out Pie! It looks like you did a fabulous job of grafting it!!

I also like that it's a pretty quick knit. I finished the bottom in about 3 hours! YAY! Hopefully I will keep loving it as it knits up! I'm a little worried after reading everyone else's responses but at this point I won't really know til I try!!

Edited to add a  pic:

« Last Edit: September 26, 2005 08:30:08 PM by worthwhilegirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
pie
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2005 08:40:26 AM »

Thanks for all the nice comments!

worthwhilegirl - It looks really good in the red your doing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jules
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2005 08:35:21 AM »

Okay, I feel like a dolt, but I can't figure out the twisted rib stitch!  I even consulted my "knitting guru" (aka Mom) and she was stymied as well.  Is it really as simple as Ktbl,Ptbl?  We tried that (and some other variations), and to me it looked like plain ol' rib stitch every time.  Someone pls. help clarify--I want to get going on this sweater!  Thanks so much!
Cheers,
Jules
THIS ROCKS   Logged
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2005 08:39:00 AM »

Okay, I feel like a dolt, but I can't figure out the twisted rib stitch!  I even consulted my "knitting guru" (aka Mom) and she was stymied as well.  Is it really as simple as Ktbl,Ptbl?  We tried that (and some other variations), and to me it looked like plain ol' rib stitch every time.  Someone pls. help clarify--I want to get going on this sweater!  Thanks so much!
Cheers,
Jules

Yep, it's really that simple. As it was explained to me the twisted rib achieves the same look as regular ribbing but it helps the rib lay flatter & helps the drape of the design.

Good luck! I can't wait to see some more finished sweaters!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
bryonyramsden
« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2005 10:47:37 AM »

I can't wait to see what yours is like when you are done Cheesy  I'd love to see the drape of it, but the stitch definition is good.   Someone else posted about a Knitpicks yarn somewhere (don't think it was in this thread - my brain thinks it was the Blackberry knitalong), that I'm considering getting someone to order for me (to cash in a favour).  Knitpicks Sienna, but I don't know what colour yet - anyone any opinions on that one?  It is close to gauge, and cheap, so may be a good option...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.c o.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
jules
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2005 07:25:46 AM »

Cheers,
Jules

Yep, it's really that simple. As it was explained to me the twisted rib achieves the same look as regular ribbing but it helps the rib lay flatter & helps the drape of the design.

Good luck! I can't wait to see some more finished sweaters!!
Thanks!  I guess I was just overthinking the whole thing.  I'll try again tonite--Cheers,Julie
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnfarmr
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2005 07:38:35 AM »

My Filtes Van Dyck just arrived yesterday and I have begun knitting the lower body... This is my first time reading a lace chart and I wanted a little feedback to see if I am doing it right... My husband actually figured out the "LT" part of the chart which i was doing wrong... As for the "RT" what I'm ending up with looks like a k1f&b with a little "bar" going across the second stitch. 

here's what I'm doing... sticking the right hand needle into the second stitch on the lefthand needle and doing everything to knit it, except taking it off the left hand needle.  then i sort of double-back and knit the first stitch and pull them both off???  it also creates a little hole... Is this right?  someone help!  thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pie
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2005 11:03:07 AM »

here's what I'm doing... sticking the right hand needle into the second stitch on the lefthand needle and doing everything to knit it, except taking it off the left hand needle.  then i sort of double-back and knit the first stitch and pull them both off???  it also creates a little hole... Is this right?  someone help!  thanks!

That sounds right. Just make sure that your keeping your yarn in the back when you go to knit into the first stich. I'm not sure why a hole is created though. Does it still have a little hole after its been knit into in the next row?

Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing it done with Van Dyck yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yarnfarmr
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2005 02:17:24 PM »

I think it looks right... we shall see when i get it together enough to post pics... Now I'm to the part where I graft top and bottom together... i wanted to do that before i sewed the sleeves in... what i'm thinking is to not bind off the upper piece and graft them together just like a pair of socks on two needles... has anyone else tried this?  i don't see the point of binding off the top piece.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Prepare Homemade Lo Mein
Korean BBQ Braised Oxtails Recipe
Perk Up Your Afternoon With a Glass of Thai Iced Tea
How to Make a Cambodian Coconut Shrimp Sandwich
How to Make Kimchi Pancakes and Butterscotch Apples
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...