A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,745
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Leaf Pullover- Interweave knits, Loop-d-loop book  (Read 22324 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

erica_hickey
« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2005 05:14:42 AM »

I love, love, love this sweater, but I can't decide on a yarn.  I want something warm and soft and (preferably) washable.  I also really liked the green from the picture in IK but I guess I could use another color.  What yarn are you using?  Why did you chose that yarn.  Are they working for you? 

Erica

my blog:  http://knitpics.blogspot.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 15, 2005 06:22:49 AM »

I love, love, love this sweater, but I can't decide on a yarn.  I want something warm and soft and (preferably) washable.  I also really liked the green from the picture in IK but I guess I could use another color.  What yarn are you using?  Why did you chose that yarn.  Are they working for you? 

Erica

my blog:  http://knitpics.blogspot.com

I'm going to use Rowan polar in red hot which is a really nice falll-ish red (not too bright not too orangy). I  got gauge on size 11 needles for my swatch but I haven't acutally cast on yet. Hopefully I will get to early next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
almndladybug
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2005 05:35:44 PM »

bleh...I just sewed my first arm into the sweater and, it's way too tight.  Can somebody w/Loop-d-loop confirm the number of stitches for the size small?  It's wayy too tight, I may either have to knit a larger size or go to a bigger needle.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nongshim
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2005 10:34:45 AM »

Still no word from my LYS on the yarn and needles I ordered  Cry

I am, though, living vicariously through this thread  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bryonyramsden
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2005 11:56:38 AM »

Well, I had fun grafting my two body pieces together today, and it wasn't too bad.  I used a mix of that video footage link posted earlier in the thread (thank you!) and Knitty's guide to it, stuck to doing a few inches and then tidying it up a little as I've gone along.  The yarn was quite forgiving of it, and the only reason I could see it in some parts was because of the yarn being a little different in texture to the stitches.

I laid it out - it looked quite nice.  So I tried it on.  The pattern is lovely.  The yarn is lovely.  However, as I've worried about for a little while here, the yarn and the pattern, once on the bod, don't work together.  I will definitely make this jumper (in general it looked nice on, but the yarn doesn't stay neat at this gauge - it is too variable without meaning to be, and not blockable to tidiness either), but it seems that my doubts about the yarn in it were well founded.  A big shame, but still, I've enjoyed making this, and it has been very quick in general to make.  I need to find a cheap alternative, but not till I've worked down the stash a bit (but note that DB was sitting next to me as I typed that bit Wink ). 

Is anyone really extra super happy with their yarn choice?  How is the Polar doing for it?  I now have a source in the US (I'm making a scarf for her sister, who I work with, so she's willing to send goods, and is apparently loving the craft window shopping Cheesy), plus am hoping to get a trip over to Minneapolis in November, if DB takes up the request to attend a conference there, so if we get there, I'm taking an empty suitcase Wink  This all means that I can get something very lovely and for hopefully not much money - hoorah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.c o.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
almndladybug
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2005 02:28:15 PM »

I'm not super happy with the polar I bought, but that may also be because even though I'm knitting gauge my arm turned out to be way too small.  Embarrassed

It just doens't look right.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pie
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2005 11:42:26 PM »

Well I finally finished with my seaming and blocking. I used Cascade 128, which is a lovely yarn, but the drape doesn't seem right for the sweater. It was a very fun knit, but it's probably the most unflattering sweater I have ever worn. In a combination of my body type and the chunky yarn, I look about a good 20 lbs heavier in the sweater!

I like the looks of it so much (when I'm not wearing it) that I will keep it around in case I ever became as tiny as the model in the book  Cheesy. Oh well, I am now comfortable with grafting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bryonyramsden
« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2005 12:22:44 AM »

That is definitely a good grafting job Cheesy  I think it looks quite cute on you though - you certainly wouldn't have any trouble in wearing it to the supermarket or anything like that.  I can see what you mean about the drape though.  Looks like Cascade 128 and possible Polar are out for me...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.c o.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
nongshim
« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2005 08:50:56 PM »

pie - I think your sweater looks great! At the very least, it makes for a fabulous knockaround sweater. And the color is perfect for fall.

My yarn still hasn't arrived Sad I'd consider canceling the order, but I think it would be bad form.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jules
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2005 02:24:02 PM »

I think Pie's sweater looks great!  And you have given me renewed hope that I CAN do live grafting!  There's no visible seam-well done!  That's it, I'm definately swatching tonite.

Cheers,
Jules
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Graffiti Marker
How to Cover Up Graffiti
How to Create a Graffiti Stencil
How to Create Light Graffiti
How to Create Graffiti Wildstyle
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...