A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,110
Currently Running With Scissors:
762 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Leaf Pullover- Interweave knits, Loop-d-loop book  (Read 21959 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bryonyramsden
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2005 11:08:44 AM »

Bobolink- thanks for that posting about the error.  I've just done that bit, and remembered reading your post, but not taking it in properly because of not being at that stage yet. 

I've given up on using the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino superchunky for this, but I'm still feeling a bit funny about the Como.  My mum has given me some money to spend on treats, so I might also invest in some Rowan Polar.  There is some on ebay which I might watch to see if I can get it cheap, and also some for sale at Kangaroo.  But I'm still sticking with the Como until I'm done with the body - how can you tell otherwise?  I know I'll need a vest underneath it tho, but that isn't really a problem when it is a winter jumper! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.c o.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
almndladybug
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2005 03:14:17 PM »

ETA cause I'm over it now.

In terms of the pattern can somebody help me with what she labels RT and LT. I'm having a bit of trouble with them. Meaning I need an explanation as simple as possible, I keep getting a purl accidentally for one  of stitches.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005 06:13:36 AM by almndladybug » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pie
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2005 10:00:48 PM »

In terms of the pattern can somebody help me with what she labels RT and LT. I'm having a bit of trouble with them. Meaning I need an explanation as simple as possible, I keep getting a purl accidentally for one  of stitches.

For RT (right twist) keep the yarn in back (like during a knit stitch) and knit into the second stitch, but don't slip it off and then knit into the first stitch and slip both of them off together.
LT (left twist) - keep the yarn in back and knit into the second stitch through the back loop (don't slip it) and then knit into the first stitch and slip both of them off together.
I hope that helps.

I just finished knitting all the individual pieces. I attempted grafting the two body halves and came out with a very obvious seam so I'll guess I'll have redo it. I'll practice on a little before I attempt again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
almndladybug
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2005 06:14:09 AM »

thanks for the clarification. I'll try that and see if it works.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nongshim
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2005 10:07:03 AM »

I'm going to be using Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky as my yarn sub. I bought a skein of it last Friday at my LYS to swatch. My gauge is a little off, I blame 1) My tight knitting and 2) shitty size 13 needles. I will fix this by knitting the next size up and keeping my fingers crossed that the finished product will fit the schematics for the size I should be.

So, I'm going to the shop today to order the rest of the yarn I will need and to pick up the needles.

ETA: Back from LYS, and the yarn is going to take an unknown amount of time to reach me. The needles, however, should be in "Oh, I'd say in just 2 or 3 weeks." Just? *face palm* On the bright side, this give me plenty of time to be monogamous with my Cherie sweater.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005 11:28:04 AM by nongshim » THIS ROCKS   Logged

almndladybug
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2005 07:07:55 PM »

even though I still have 1 sleave to do, I've tried sewing top and bottom together...big mistake.  I'm seriously going to have to go to my LYS to have somebody show me. No online anything is helping me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jules
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2005 07:58:17 PM »

I'm terrified of the grafting.  I had to do it for the underarms of a sweater I just finished, and it came out way wrong.  I will definetly need lessons when I get to that part--perhaps this thread will become the "Kitchner Support Group" thread LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2005 08:05:45 PM »

I'm terrified of the grafting.  I had to do it for the underarms of a sweater I just finished, and it came out way wrong.  I will definetly need lessons when I get to that part--perhaps this thread will become the "Kitchner Support Group" thread LOL

I have only done the Kitchner stitch once & it turned out OK but it was at the bottom of a bag. This has me worried as well!

Just when I'm feeling confindent in my knitting abilities...... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
pie
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2005 10:00:17 AM »

I finally got my grafting looking halfway decent. I watched the video on www.knittinghelp.co m and then practiced on swatches for awhile. I really don't want to redo this seam again so I am just going to hope that blocking will fix all of uneveness of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
almndladybug
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2005 07:05:28 PM »

thank you soooo much for posting that pie! I've started, and I've understood the grafting stitch. Except for one stitch where I did it slightly backwards and got a purl instead (not fixing it) I'm half way through grafting! I'll just need to go back and manually "tighten" up some of my stitches. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
True-Crime Writer Carla Norton on Her Fiction Work
Jeanette Walls: What Are You Reading?
Author Explains Why We Should Rip Up Our Dating Wish Lists
The Missing Series by Margaret Haddix
The White Princess by Philippa Gregory
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...