A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "Let's Party Like It's The [insert decade] CD Swap"  (Read 2205 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

flrtingwdisaster
« on: August 18, 2005 08:26:07 AM »

I don't think I've seen a CD swap quite like this before, and I thought it would be cool. I wouldn't mind organizing, so I'm just looking for interested swappers. I was thinking of calling it "Let's Party Like It's The ... CD Swap". So if you chose the 80s, then your CD would be called "Let's Party Like It's the 80s".

Basically anyone interested could pick two (or more) decades that they would like a CD crafted for. Each swapper would make two CDs with ten songs each. It would be neat to try and get a popular song of each year of the decade. And I was thinking it might be cool to have two partners for this. That would mean you get one CD from two different people, and you would send out two CD's.

Also, it would be neat to write a little side note of why you chose the song you did. For instance, if your partner chose a decade you loved or were alive in, then you might want to say that you used to listen to it all the time (or something along those lines). For examples look at this website ... http://www.inthe90s.com/generated/toptensongs1.shtml

Would anyone be interested?

interested craftsters
flrtingwdisaster
Retro_Turtle13
nabbymac
jMi
mandatoryfun
star69
belleaurora
lucy van pelt
spiderdust
« Last Edit: August 20, 2005 01:20:46 PM by flrtingwdisaster » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

Im a Barbie Girl! In a Barbie World...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005 11:21:36 AM »

I'm interested. I already have some decades in mind and a playlist!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
flrtingwdisaster
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005 12:29:36 PM »

Yay! Heh, at least there's one person who agrees it would be a fun swap. I have my decades picked out, too. I hope more people are interested Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nabbymac
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2005 12:41:04 PM »

I too am interested seeing as I already have playlists on my ipod similar to this concept (except divided into decades and genres)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement." - Joe Versus the Volcano
flrtingwdisaster
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2005 12:50:44 PM »

Speaking of genres ... It might be a good idea to specify which genre of music you're into. This way you get the decade and the genre you want.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005 12:59:37 PM »

I would totally love to do this...
Plus, it would give me a great excuse to listen to all the old music I love and to tlel my friends to get off my back when they make fun of me for it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
flrtingwdisaster
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005 03:07:04 PM »

Well, even if I don't get enough to participate in the swap ... I think I'll make my CDs anyway Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandatoryfun
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005 05:58:46 PM »

soooooooo psyched for this swap, just say when!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flrtingwdisaster
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005 07:22:23 PM »

So, counting me we have five people interested. I'm going to keep a list of all those who are interested. Maybe it will make others want to take part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
star69

Summer swappin' fever and writing inspiration!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005 08:44:25 AM »

The only thing about this swap, is that, maybe alot of people will want the 90's? Cause I know nothing of 80's and 70's music more than the next curious kid that watches VH1 Classic..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Celebrity Jet-Set Styles
Kristen Bell Brings Menswear to the Red Carpet
Jessica Chastain Puts a Flamenco Twist on Her Red-Carpet LBD
How to Choose a Soft Cup Bra
How to Choose a Softly Padded Bra
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...