A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,174
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Around Town Swap Gallery  (Read 5988 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craft_t_chic
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2005 09:58:40 AM »

Thank you for posting pics!!!! It wouldda been another couple weeks before I posted. Seriously, I received such a fun package! I loved that there were notes attached to everything...it gave me an idea of what YOU do around your city. That was cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
irid3sc3nt
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2005 01:15:43 PM »

I'm glad you liked it!  Iowa City is fun.  I saved those notes I made, so after I move I can look back on them...  my sister is really into scrapbooking, so maybe she and I could make a book about my Iowa City college years with them in it.  This was a fun swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Please send packages with postage stamps when you can!
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2005 02:01:28 PM »

I so totally FINALLY got my package!!!! *jumps for joy*

I cant find the digital camera- I think my mom stole it for the day, or hid it, not sure which.. I'll try to get pictures later. But here's a verbal description!

Meredith is from Gilroy, CA and it's very obviously the Garlic Capital Wink

So I got...
*2 cloves of garlic *YUM!!!!*
*A homemade "garlic clove" eraser (IT WORKS!)
*6 postcards... all of which reaffirm my reasoning that CA is much more beautiful than VA and I need to move there!
*An array of brochures and flyers about resturants, festivals, museums, malls, city guides, parks- and my personal favorite: GARLIC RECIPES.
*An awesome little box she decopagued with images from Gilroy. The top of the box is a bunch of cute little garlic cloves and it says "For the love of garlic" and the bottom and front panel she used a "NO PARKING - TOW AWAY ZONE" warning sign (I'm guessing it was placed on your car? Wink) plus the other sides and the inside are decorated as well! Smiley

Awesome stuff! Pictures coming soon!!! (Unless she beats me to it lol)
Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
dorthybuht
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2005 03:09:26 PM »

I so totally FINALLY got my package!!!! *jumps for joy*

I cant find the digital camera- I think my mom stole it for the day, or hid it, not sure which.. I'll try to get pictures later. But here's a verbal description!

Meredith is from Gilroy, CA and it's very obviously the Garlic Capital Wink

So I got...
*2 cloves of garlic *YUM!!!!*
*A homemade "garlic clove" eraser (IT WORKS!)
*6 postcards... all of which reaffirm my reasoning that CA is much more beautiful than VA and I need to move there!
*An array of brochures and flyers about resturants, festivals, museums, malls, city guides, parks- and my personal favorite: GARLIC RECIPES.
*An awesome little box she decopagued with images from Gilroy. The top of the box is a bunch of cute little garlic cloves and it says "For the love of garlic" and the bottom and front panel she used a "NO PARKING - TOW AWAY ZONE" warning sign (I'm guessing it was placed on your car? Wink) plus the other sides and the inside are decorated as well! Smiley

Awesome stuff! Pictures coming soon!!! (Unless she beats me to it lol)
Thank you so much!

oh, i'm so glad!!! i'm thrilled the eraser works, the clay i used seemed too easy to be true. the "no parking sign" is from the garlic festival- i live across the street from the park it's held in so those were all over my neighborhood.

you're totally welcome Smiley

ps: i didn't get a chance to take a picture of the stuff, sorry :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
miss_katonic
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2005 09:02:26 AM »

I picked up my package from Sharla today!  I  got all kinds of great goodies.

I received a scrapbook of Stockton, CA, some postcards, an asparagus bracelet, a ports bracelet & the book "Casey at the Bat"

My son quickly hijacked the braclets and is wearing both of them.

Thanks for all of the wonderful stuff-I'll try and post pic's later today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2005 09:20:29 AM »

oh my gosh- casey at the bat..
The outlook wasnt brilliant...

lol Okay Im stopping there before I end up reciting the entire thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2005 05:31:16 PM »

I picked my package up from the post office!  The guys at work thought it was cool Grin  Geeyouknit sent it to me from Richmond Virginia or RVA.  She sent me a tour map of Hollywood Cemetary, menus for Carytown Burgers & Fries and the Galaxy Diner, bumper stickers from Carytown Burgers & Fries, Plan 9 Music, and two from Exile, a matchbook from Carytown Burgers & Fries (this is making me hungry), a card from The Byrd, two cd/dvd/vhs/etc. shrinkwrap openers (one from Tower Records, the other from Plan 9 Music), a handmade mini scrap booklet of Richmond, and a snowglobe of Hollywood Cemetary complete with ghosts!  There was also the comics page of the newspaper lining the box, which I also found enjoyable!
Here are my pics.  Apparently, the original snowglobe broke... geeyouknit can probably tell more... but I like this one!

« Last Edit: May 24, 2006 06:12:25 PM by irid3sc3nt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
Please send packages with postage stamps when you can!
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
geeyouknit
Likes to hear but not to listen, to say but not to tell.

Hole-in-the-wall diners. Yum.

« Reply #57 on: August 31, 2005 06:41:03 PM »

I picked my package up from the post office!  The guys at work thought it was cool Grin  Geeyouknit sent it to me from Richmond Virginia or RVA.  She sent me a tour map of Hollywood Cemetary, menus for Carytown Burgers & Fries and the Galaxy Diner, bumper stickers from Carytown Burgers & Fries, Plan 9 Music, and two from Exile, a matchbook from Carytown Burgers & Fries (this is making me hungry), a card from The Byrd, two cd/dvd/vhs/etc. shrinkwrap openers (one from Tower Records, the other from Plan 9 Music), a handmade mini scrap booklet of Richmond, and a snowglobe of Hollywood Cemetary complete with ghosts!  There was also the comics page of the newspaper lining the box, which I also found enjoyable!
Here are my pics.  Apparently, the original snowglobe broke... geeyouknit can probably tell more... but I like this one!

Holy crap! Yeah, the orginial did break, I'll have to post pics of what it did look like later.... it was a ton bigger, but upon inspection... did this one get messed up too? Is that the confederate monument I see floating around? It was supposed to be glue down!!!! Oh boy, I'm sorry if it got messed up in the mail, I was worried that might happen. I tried to package it so it wouldn't and I even marked it as Fragile. What could have happened? ERRRR.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geeyouknit
Likes to hear but not to listen, to say but not to tell.

Hole-in-the-wall diners. Yum.

« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2005 07:07:41 PM »

Please keep me informed on if you have recieved your packages or not.... I still haven't heard from some of you who I know your partners have sent. I need to know if you have recieved so I can give your partners feedback!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2005 11:01:40 AM »

I know my partner has received, she sent me an email a few days ago.  I'm still awaiting my package.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set ISO Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Format Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Flash Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Exposure Compensation Function
Canon XSi/450D: Set Delete Function
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...