A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
870 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Around Town Swap Gallery  (Read 5699 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

geeyouknit
Likes to hear but not to listen, to say but not to tell.

Hole-in-the-wall diners. Yum.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2005 01:06:02 PM »

I can't wait to see, 4 people have recieved so far!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005 01:07:57 PM by geeyouknit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2005 08:26:06 PM »

Your item was delivered at 1:39 pm on August 22, 2005 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90034.

It got there  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
geeyouknit

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2005 08:35:04 PM »

Your item was delivered at 1:39 pm on August 22, 2005 in LOS ANGELES, CA 90034.

It got there  Tongue
Pics? LOL, I am so anxious! This is the first swap I've organized and I wanna see stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2005 08:37:00 PM »

*sigh* Unfortunately I didn't take any pix and Jazzy's camera is broken so there won't be any pictures of my stuff. But I'm sure there will be tons of cool pix coming up soon!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
dorthybuht
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2005 09:37:38 PM »

this usps tracking convo has me laughing AND wanting to punch things. i sent your package a week ago, jMi, and it still says it's sitting in the gilroy office. i really, really hope that's a lie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jazzybelle
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2005 12:14:53 AM »

Yeah, my camera is dead until further notice. I lost the lens when I dropped it. I can't find it anywhere. But I got the BEST book explaining about her town, a supercute decoupaged journal, a keychain (that I'm using right now...I meant to buy one, now I don't have to. :-P), and some sand, shells, and flowers from her town.

And hey, my partner received today too, so this swap is totally done for me! Luckily SHE has a camera in proper working order.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***I love personal swaps!***
jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2005 06:53:45 AM »

Jazzy- glad you liked it all! I completely forgot about the keychain Smiley Since I don't have any pictures, I'll try to do my best to explain everything in detail.

Keychain: I bought one of those circular keychain frame things (what would you call those?) and then printed out "Virginia is for craftsters" ~ It's kind of a spin of on the local 'motto' of "Virginia is for lovers"

Notebook: I got a cheap notebook from Waldenbooks and then got a bunch of free tourist books from down at the beach - The beach has these books where they have information about the city, and pictures and coupons so it was a perfect find! I actually took like 3 of them incase I needed duplicate pictures Smiley I decopauged the front of the book with lots of local pictures (Jazzy, every pictures on that book was taken here!), and inside the front cover is a cool map I found of Virginia Beach.

Lil Book: I'm not sure what to call this book Smiley It's a little book I made by folding pieces of cardstock in 4, and then again in smaller pieces. It takes four sheets of paper, and then eventually you add a front cover and a back cover. I also added ribbon to tie it together. Inside the book, I printed out information about Virginia Beach and glued some pictures. Smiley Also, when you open the book, it folds out like an accordian
*Wish I had gotten a picture of this one*

The rest: I sent sand from the beach, because what good is an "Around Town" package from Virginia Beach without sand? Wink I sent some shells  And the flower I sent I think is called a clarabell, or something like that. Of course, I'm sure it was very dead and unrecognizeable by time it got there. lol

tucanchild - I've checked the status of your package a few times and I've noticed it hasnt moved from that one spot either! How weird! Wink
It's okay though, to punish your page from not moving I just signed you up for my swap apparently Wink  (Btw, the mods are working on fixing that lol SORRY!!! Smiley)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005 07:29:50 PM by jMi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sharla

I love my very first rotary cutter!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2005 11:50:16 AM »

OK, so I'm finally posting pics of what Lucy Van Pelt sent me from Florida ( sorry it took so long, I haven't had a day off until today- that's retail for you).

So here is everything: there are menus,a hibiscus flower that she picked ( how did you know that I love hibiscus flowers?) baseball schedules and a patch for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, and info about local attractions:

This a newspaper that she subscribes to, and it is tri-lingual! Lucy can understand two of the three languages it's printed in! Very impressive ( especially since I can only understand one language)!

And this is a menu for Cha Cha Coconuts, a restaurant that has an amazing view of the water ( and the food sounds good, too!). Lucy pm'd me a pic of the sun setting over the water that she took while at this restaurant- it was beautiful!

Thanks again Lucy Van Pelt! I love it!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 07:28:11 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy: http://stellasjewels.etsy.com
My Friend Sheri's shop http://GlitterKnitter.etsy.com
I'm also Sharla on Ravelry!
Bobolink

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2005 01:27:58 PM »

Here's what I sent to icrispyi:
I decoupaged a photo box with pictures of tatoo art that included San Francisco scenes and a tatoo style logo that says San Francisco best of the bay area. I also decorated the inside cover:

On the top of the box were postcards I bought and a San Francisco pencil:

I divided it into three sections the top was Activities. It featured a ship passport from Sail San Francisco where a bunch of tall ships visited the city. It had stamps from the ships I visited. I also included a set of photos I took of the ships and one of Alcatraz at night. I included a souvenir booklet I bought at Alcatraz at night. There was also a bunch of pamphlets a souvenir book from the Conservatory of Flowers and informations brochures from different nation parks.

The second section was Arts and entertainment. My favorite thing in there was an invitation a Dali gallery show. I also cut cool things of interest out of a local paper.

The last section was food. I collected a lot of attractive business cards and postcards from food places. I also visited the fancy farmer's market building and got info and reciped from a lot of places there.

I really tried to build a snapshot of places I visit and not just touristy stuff. Although it's hard to avoid all the touristy stuff in San Francisco Smiley
icrispyi feel free to add anything if you wish. I'd love to see which things you liked the best. I should be able to bring my camera to the new place and get some photos of your stuff this weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
geeyouknit

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2005 02:40:41 PM »

I got my package from Jazzybelle yesterday!

She sent me this Vegas hooker barbie! It has a hand knit outfit, boa, and a lower back tat!! Haha! It's cute!:

Then she sent me this bowl made out of TV Guides and CYS flyers (awesome colors!), a pin from a local thrift shop and seashells!:

In my haste (or more like my boyfriend's... I was using his camera and he was pulling on my arm because he needed a ride to the VCU financial aid office) I forgot to take a picture of the bottle of sand and water (really cool! I'm guessing it's from the Pacific Ocean (correct me if I'm wrong, Jazzy, but I guessed so since you are from LA), I've never been there, so it's cool to have a piece of it in my room!) and a seashell necklace (that I am wearing).

I really love my package! Thanks Jazzybelle!

-JAMI
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 07:27:58 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Poet Ashley Bryan Talks About His Inspiration
Benson Bobrick Talks About the Inspiration Behind Master of War
Novelist Katie Kitamura Talks About Martial Arts
From Those Wonderful Folks Who Gave You Pearl Harbor Book Trailer
Elisa Albert on Her Book: the Book of Dahlia
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...