A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,593
Currently Running With Scissors:
767 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Different recipes for mac n' cheese  (Read 4121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2006 10:31:02 AM »

My fav boxed Mac & Cheese is Annies brand. I LOVE the white cheddar with some steamed fresh veggies, or a andfull of frozen veggies thrown in the last 5 mins of cook time with the pasta.

I haven't read all these posts yet, so some may already be here...  One box of Cheddar Mac & Cheese add

Tex-Mex  ... add any combination of the following: chilli Powder, Garlic Powder (or minced garlic), cumin, diced hot peppers, a can of diced tomatoes with hot pepper,  add Pepper Jack cheese & or extra sharp cheedar.

Italian: oragano, parsely, garlic, parm or ramono cheese. cooked itamian sausage or chicken.

Pizza: diced mozzarella, pepperoni, mushroom & a can of dice tomatoes.

Cheese Burger Deluxe: Add extra cheddar cheese, diced tomatoe, browned ground beef(add a little pepper & seasoned salt while ypu cook it), mustard. Servin a big bowl with a little squeeze of ketchup  on top. 

Mom's Best: extra cheedar, parm, some brown or whole grain mustard, fresh ground pepper, & dice ham.

My Fav: Annies White Mac & Cheese add cooked lima beans, peas, mustard, garlic salt, & spinach.  YUMMY!!

One of my favorite skits on Kids On the Hall was when they were eattng "Kraft Dinner"  got all excited aboput the second course & added a big squirt of "Fancy Ketchup".  LOL 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006 10:35:37 AM by DrewsUSAgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Dappleshark
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2006 09:23:37 PM »

Here's one of my favourite homemade mac and cheese recipes:

President Reagan's Favorite Macaroni and Cheese

1/2 lb. macaroni

1 t. butter

1 egg, beaten

1 t salt

1 t dry mustard

3 c grated cheese, sharp

1 c milk

Boil macaroni in water until tender and drain thouroughly.  Stir in butter and egg.  Mix mustard and salt with 1 T hot water and add to milk.  Add cheese leaving enough to sprinkle on top.  Pour into buttered casserole, add milk, sprinkle with cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until custard is set and top is crusty. 

Sooo good! I like to add a little more cheese than it calls for, but you'll understand why when I tell you what I do to the boxed stuff:

Mac n' cheese n' chili (I say this as one big word, Dutchlish-style!)

Two boxes Kraft Mac n' Cheese
One can chili
1 lb shredded cheese

Boil noodles. Drain and toss on the neon orange stuff (it adds colour Smiley ) and throw in cheese and chili. Simmer to heat up the chili and melt the cheese and stir well. When using hormel, I add a little milk, but still not as much as two boxes would normally call for. I often use Nalley's because it's cheaper, then I don't add any milk because it is soupier than Hormel (The Nalley's Walla Walla Onion chili is especially awesome!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovelyislacey
« Reply #52 on: April 18, 2006 06:22:36 PM »

This is how I like mine measurments depend on how may calories I want to eat at the time but you get the idea anyway..

1 serving elbow pasta (I use Barilla Plus with the extra fiber and all that good stuff)
1-2 ounces velveta cheese (or more depending on how cheesy you like it)
1/4 cup fat free milk
1/4 cup caned diced tomatoes without juice
some steamed broccoli (as much as you want)
some steamed carrots (as much as you want)

Boil pasta according to package directions. While pasta cooks steam or boil veggies. Drain pasta and add back to pot. Place over med-low heat and allow  cheese to melt, add milk. Drain veggies well. Add broccoli, carrots and tomatoes to pasta and stir until tomatoes are warm. Now EAT IT UP!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jenefor
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2006 11:54:24 PM »

the good ol home made kind is the best with real cheese and breadcrumbs and the crispy top YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love to have some veggies tossed in there and then if I am making a batch just for me I add in some jalapenos Smiley
Either that or if I do have it "plain" I have to have lots of black pepper in it Smiley...great now I'm hungry Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design Anime Hair for Boys
How to Sketch an Eye from the Side
How to Sketch a Young Face
How to Design a Face in Shadow
How to Handle a Calligraphy Pen
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...