A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,106
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Different recipes for mac n' cheese  (Read 4044 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ericalynn

Let me see you scrunchy face!!!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2005 09:47:08 PM »

As a poor college student with little condements on hand, I like to spice my easy mac up with a little bit of salsa (or a lot if you like that sort of thing). Another add in is a great pasta sauce wehther it be alfredo or tomato. I wonder if adding pepperoni would be good? I will have to try it sometime...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2005 10:02:45 PM »

I use a lot less margarine because I do not like the soupy mac and I use soy milk, 8th Continent is my fave. I add in a small pinch of marble jack cheese, some pepper, and broccoli. I've added in extra garlic powder because I LOVE garlic, and I've also added in vegan bacon bits to a very nice ending.

I love the tuna and peas mix. The crab addition sounds PERFECT, especially if there's an alfredo mix or a soft and creamy cheese is used. I used to use hot dogs in it when I was younger. A friend of mine puts ketchup in to make it sweeter. Curry powder is a wild idea I've been thinking about lately.

I love boxed meals, they're so easy to make into full meals!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
samglam209
Chefsalad

I love crafting!<3

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2006 04:39:44 PM »

Here are some links to some unusual mac and cheese recipes from the Food Network.  Rachael Ray, while annoying, is certainly the queen of mac and cheese.

Smoky Chipotle and Cheddar Mac:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_31166,00.html

Italian Mac and Cheese (with Italian Sausage)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_26135,00.html

Mac and Cheese with Chicken and Broccoli
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_30666,00.html

Mac and Cheese Dog Casserole--I haven't made this but damn if it don't sound like the ultimate childhood memory comfort food!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_31140,00.html

Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_31053,00.html

So far I've only tried the top two I posted, and liked them both very much.  I hope you enjoy!

The mac and cheese dog cassarole is so good I've had it before and I defiently reccomend it! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I am a dork.I play video games,I like computer's and I craft.If you have anything new and important to tell me then please be my guest.Otherwise shut the hell up!
kityeyes
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006 11:35:10 AM »

when me and my brother were little we would add chives and garlic salt to ours..so good..haven't had it in forever...
me and my cousins will add anything we have to are mac and cheese too...fav has to be chicken strips cut up and added with broccoli...its really good..and hot dogs is always a fav
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kelleys

It's always something with that one...

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006 02:25:07 PM »

Mmmm, these all sound so good!  For me, no mac and cheese is complete without sunflower seeds.  Strange, I know, but I won't have it any other way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Celery, raw
Develops the jaw,
But celery, stewed,
Is more quietly chewed.
-Ogden Nash
Imdee
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2006 02:46:46 PM »

I like mac n' cheese with tomatoes.  Plain old canned tomatoes.  (Well, maybe not old)   I think this started when I was a kid, my mom always made baked macaroni and cheese.  When it came out of the oven it was about as hot as lava.  I couldn't wait for it to cool down, so I would put some in a bowl and put canned tomatoes on top so it would cool faster.  I still eat it this way, and still in a bowl rather than on a plate. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LivinEasy

Eat Cheese. Be Happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2006 08:20:03 AM »

Mmmm, these all sound so good!  For me, no mac and cheese is complete without sunflower seeds.  Strange, I know, but I won't have it any other way!

If you love sunflower seeds on your mac and cheese you should sprinkle them on a grilled cheese....ooh, so delicious. I'm betting you'd like it, kelleys
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlepenguin
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2006 08:29:03 AM »

I like my Kraft Dinner made very dry (my boyfriend likes his with lots of milk and butter, whereas I pretty much just add the cheese to the noodles and stir), topped with shredded cheese (usually Kroger's mexican blend), romano, pepper, or ketchup.  Or all of the above. 

My homemade recipe usually just involved making a roux, adding liquid (usually whatever I have on hand--milk, a bit of sour cream, half and half) and spices, then adding cheese until it tastes cheesy enough.  Usually I use a blend of white and yellow/orange cheeses, so it never ends up actually looking very interesting. 

I always make really small portions of homemade mac and cheese, since I'm the only one who eats it.

Sunflower seeds on mac and cheese?  That sounds so good.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitty mcknitknit

I love scotch, scotchy scotch scotch, down it goes

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2006 08:43:30 AM »

Lots of herbs and spices mentioned, but not sure if this has been suggested: Oregano. Just sprinkle on a bunch (dried) and it's fabulous. Then again, as the length of this thread suggests, mac and cheese is such a fabulous comfort food that it's a perfect base for some good stuff. YUM
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kityeyes
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2006 11:32:07 AM »

mmm that sounds really good. ill have to try that..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adam Grant Shares The Secrets Of Success
Children of the Jacaranda Tree by Sahar Delijani
Steve Schirripa Talks About Big Daddy’s Rules
Parents That Need to Be Slapped by Steve Schirripa
The S-Word by Chelsea Pitcher
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...