A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,238
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: RiBbOn NeCkLaCeS GaLoRe  (Read 6919 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pinkkittypiper
Bead Junkie

Can't cut a straight line to save my life...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2004 07:41:20 AM »

Fabulous necklace! And adding the ribbon instead of the tradition toggle is such a great idea!  I have to show this to my friend who just spent a small fortune on a similar necklace Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where the wild things are is where I am most at home!
Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!!!
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pinkkittypiper
Junyper319

you're a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2004 08:43:27 AM »

The way you're doing the clasp & making the ribbon interchangeable is awesome! I've made a few of these, but they're stuck with the same old boring ribbon. Thanks for the great new idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mari_confused
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004 07:29:34 AM »

I made these, so thank you for the great idea! I think i've bought like 15 silk ribbons (smaller ones), and I love how much variation they give.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kdritter
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2004 05:05:52 PM »

can i add that my waitress last night had a pearl ribbon anklet.  it was the cutest ever and i'm totally making one tonite.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Call me crafty crafterson...
bevrockin

How y'all doin, everbuddy?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004 07:12:13 AM »

I was at my cousin's baby shower this weekend, and I bet five or six ladies were wearing these!!!  My cousin was wearing a sweet one made of big clear beads spaced with small lime green beads, and tied with a lime green ribbon.  Man, the possibilities are endless.  I am gonna have to make me one of these for a wedding that I have coming up next month.  I also think that it looks pretty to have a bow with long tails to let hang down the back sometimes as well. 

The foo-foo department store near my work sells them for around $25 each.  Nuts! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jz lyk D
Miss Super Slippers.

stoked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005 07:21:08 AM »

why not just get those pearl beads with bigger holes, and string in ribbon? that way you can adjust the ribbon length yourself
THIS ROCKS   Logged

for that split second, everything was perfect.
Ayn
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2005 04:08:24 AM »

Hi all -- I've also seen large faux pearl / glass pearl beads strung 'directly' onto fairly narrow ribbon of a thin material (e.g., organza ribbon, silk fabric, etc).  Some are just strung on then tied in a bow (no clasp, & the ribbon fills the holes tightly enough to keep the beads on and in place) -- while others actually have the ribbon knotted between the beads, same way real pearls are done when strung on silk thread, and either have a big decorative clasp or again simply tie in a bow, no clasp.

By the way, for those searching for faux pearls, some are just pearlescent plastic of course and are super-cheap, but muuuch much nicer are the Czech glass pearls. The Czechs have been wonderful makers of all sorts of glass beads for a lonng time; their glass pearls (in many colors, not just white or cream) are very pretty & surprisingly inexpensive.  I believe the Chinese may be trying a shot at the glass pearls biz too, and those are probably even less expensive,  but I don't think they're considered quite up to par yet.

However, if you want what some people firmly believe are the very best of the faux, search for Swarovski pearls.  The 'base' Swarovski uses is actually lead crystal (for which of course this company has long been famous) instead of glass.

To me there isn't a humongous amount of outward-visual difference between the Czech glass pearls & the Swarovski crystal pearls, but there is a pretty good bit of price difference.

And *Lovely job, congrats!* to kdritter, the original poster / necklacemaker. I too have seen almost identical looking but not as cleverly-made pieces at little chic-boutiques for 40 bucks or more  --- and that's "on sale"!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2005 04:16:07 AM by Ayn » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeanius - Selby Drummond on Ripped Jeans
Met Gala - The 2013 Met Gala Red Carpet Livestream
Vintage Bowles - Shopping Odetta Vintage in Paris
Jeanius - Jane Herman Bishop on Baggy Boyfriend Jeans
From the Vogue Closet - Wearing Plaids in Punk Fashion
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...