A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fall Knitting '05  (Read 741 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

grusinskaya
« on: August 16, 2005 09:21:18 PM »

Has anyone else started planning for fall knitting? I know that it's a touch early to be thinking about scarves and long-sleeved sweaters again, but ever since I started knitting a few years ago, I always get excited for autumn knits around mid-August. There are at least four sweaters that I'd like to finish this fall; I started one last week and am about halfway through, so hopefully I'll finish that one before the weather changes. I also kind of want to make a slightly-oversized coat, but I haven't found a pattern that I like yet.

What about the rest of you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hst
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005 07:16:37 AM »

I am so slow that I have to plan ahead!  I just finished a short sleeve cardigan that I modified from Glampyre's mini-sweater.  I am also copying her green cabled cardigan (Mary's sweater?)  only I am using up some cream colored Lamb's pride worsted.
I am really slow though... so we'll see what I actually get done this fall. 
Oh and I am starting a Lopi sweater for the winter.
Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chrispykreme
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005 07:27:39 AM »

i'm starting my christmas scarves and hats, because i go so slow on the scarves. between family and co-workers i want time to get this done. i started knitting last christmas and people have been hinting that they would like something. although texas weather does not contribute to want to fall/winter knit. it's still freakin' hot!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ysolda
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005 09:51:45 AM »

hmm... everything I'm making/ thinking about making at the moment is sort of autumnal, then again Scottish summers are fleeting and early so there doesn't seem much point in knitting things I'm not going to get the chance to wear until next year.
And a woolen jumper is useful all year round here anyway, I suppose its a good country to knit in really
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting patterns and all sorts of  crafty adventures: http://ysolda.me.uk
Yarn Ho

Knit or get off the pot!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005 10:05:53 AM »

I am one of those pathological project starters. I have tons of ideas and follow through on some. I stink at patterns so I try to "do my own thing" a lot. Right now I am hatching a scheme to make a scarf that is inspired by autumn leaves. I want to sew on hand knit leaves and maybe branches onto a scarf with a black background.  I have yet to find a pattern for the kind of leaves I want to "applique" onto the scarf. So I am making it up as I go a long with little success. Anyone have any ideas on how to form the leaves? I tried using the SnB Nation pattern for the headband, but those leaves are not what I am envisioning. Ironically ( I am not the best artist) I can sketch the leaves I want but do not know how to bring them to life in knit form. Maybe I should post this as a separate question!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005 08:59:31 AM »

Well, I've got some gift knitting to do - there seems to be a huge crop of babies in my life this year, and my fiance's birthday is the day after the wedding, so I'm going to be knitting him a curse-free sweater - but I really want to knit myself the bark sweater from loop-d-loop.

hmm, I had also thought about making my mom that gorgeous peacock lace shawl for her b-day nov 1.  That could sure suck up some time, though.  I'll just have to see what happens, I guess!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliesnider

So excited to be a month old!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005 06:34:49 PM »

I'm dying to knit the Stepping Out Coat from Hip to Knit!  I just need to find the perfect fall yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When I'm old I don't want them to say of me, 'She's so charming.'  I want them to say, 'Be careful, I think she's armed.'" - G. Stoddart
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Simon Majumdar
Silencing Sam Book Trailer
Isabel Gillies Reveals Her Favorite Movies
Danielle Staub Talks About The Naked Truth
Meet Author Cathy Alter
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...