A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,471
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I don't want any more menus crammed into my door!!  (Read 6494 times)
Tags for this thread: sign  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lorchick
Obsessive Compulsive

; p

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009 07:28:14 AM »

I have to be honest, i love the flyers. XD Only certain ones though. I wasn't getting any when I first moved here and so we let the kiddos know to send 'em over. I like to have a good covet every thursday morning... Cheesy
the ones that come with the mail, though, i have no use for. If i want to sell my house, get a new furnace, or vote for somebody, i will do so on my own initiative, kthx.

We do some some quick fixes for door-to-doors though.
a) My brother works for "insert college painting company here" in another neighbourhood, so yeah... sorry. have fun cold-calling!

b) We go to "x" church over here and you're welcome to come this sunday at 10 and/or 2.... (apparently ppl don't like it when you try convert them when they're trying to convert you. hm.)

I do tend to have trouble with charities, though. certain ones respond well to certain responses, but you will always get those rude folk who respond to "Well I have already donated to x and x and x" with something like "so you can't afford to donate JUST A FEW DOLLARS to x?" and you're like "I have no change" and they're like "WE TAKE CREDIT CARD".... or perhaps just say things like "Oh, you can ONLY afford to donate X dollars?" to which I want to be like "OH YOU KNOW WHAT, YOURE RIGHT... I JUST REALIZED I CANT EVEN AFFORD THAT ALSDKFRUJWOPIEJTLSKDNFAOLIWSRT"
but i don't b/c i'm too polite. D:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have sixtybillion more ideas than actual completed projects. Blog stalker, fast talker, slow walker!
I am lorchick of ON{thelaundry}LINE blog.
Smell the flowers, kill the bugs, laugh at your mistakes, and hide the laundry! Cheesy
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009 05:23:39 PM »

When people ask me about diseases (cancer etc) I tell them about my kids with autism.
When they ask me for donations for troops - my husband is military.
The religious people who want to convert me? I have my Master of Divinity.

That tends to cover all the bases...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

— Agnes Whistling Elk
NikkiZBM
If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009 06:04:26 PM »

Nice sign.  You are much more polite than I am thinking about being.  My husband and I like to sleep late on the weekends and it never fails...someone knocks on the freakin' door!!  I've been wanting to make a sign that says something like "If you're here to sell something, ask for money or save our souls...DON'T KNOCK, WE'RE NOT INTERESTED!!!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Slue-Foot Sue
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010 10:59:29 AM »

So, for all those of you who were wondering if it worked, it was working until I felt like adding a festive garage sale purchase to the whole door decoration combo. The open mouth of the alligator tempts them too much.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010 11:58:43 AM »

Maybe you could amend it to read "Do not leave flyers on my door. (or in my alligator)"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
IrishDitz

Beware of Crafter!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010 01:56:00 PM »

Okay first, the gator was definitely too much of a temptation but funny to see him chewing on the flyer. I think your going to end up having to revise your sign to include the gator.

Second, While I do not mind the paper solicitations (because I compost and use them to stuff in old beanbag chair). I REALLY dislike the people who come knocking on our door in the morning. My fiance works late and doesn't get to sleep until about 5 am so it really bothers him when people come knocking on the door waking him up for what amounts to no reason. And when I have a day off I like to sleep in, mind you it's only to about 10-11am at the latest but still my day off my choice.  I do not like to unnecessarily awakened and I strongly dislike these charity people who try to emotionally blackmail you into giving to their cause. The only amusement we get out of this is when my fiance decides to have some fun at their expense, like answering the door butt naked with a shot gun, that one was a good deterent.. they definitely never came back. Teach them to heed the No Solicitation signs in our neighborhood.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sprat605
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2011 06:43:43 PM »

Love it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cavy1986
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2011 05:48:44 AM »

This is an awesome Idea I use to live in an apartment and the signs were a nightmare!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best and Worst Dressed of the 2014 Grammys
The Best Hairstyles to Match Your Prom Dress
The Michel Mercier Detangling Brush Review
How to Make Your Hair Color Last
How to Style Shoulder Length Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...