A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
711 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: best hair dye  (Read 13543 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

superspork
figment of your imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2005 06:44:02 PM »

earwax too... somehow... I don't exactly know how my earwax turned green, but it did...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soy un perdedor

never trust anything that bleeds

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2005 06:26:14 PM »

with the "punky color" stuff- did you bleach your hair first...or did it cover dark colored hair?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I could I would shrink myself
Sink through your skin to your blood cells
remove whatever makes you hurt
but I am too weak to be your cure.

<3 shannon
cheezy

BOOM shakalaka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006 05:43:08 PM »

with the "punky color" stuff- did you bleach your hair first...or did it cover dark colored hair?

I recently dyed my hair brown and i tried to use punky colours over it and it didn't work well.
When i was blonde if I ever tried to use it it would fade quickly
Butt if it's bleached it lasts QUITE a while
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
mitzibel
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2006 06:15:43 PM »

I've been doing the hair thing for about six years now, and I can't speak highly enough of Special Effects.  I've used freaking EVERYTHING, and this stuff rocks--the colors stay more vibrant, longer, and the conditioning effect is the best I've found.  Of course, I bleach my hair out with 40 vol. peroxide before dying, so conditioning is a big deal for me.

My avatar pic?  Yeah.  Special Effects.

However, my next vote would be for Punky Color.  It smells odd, but it really gets the job done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
straight_edger
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2006 11:55:22 AM »

my mom just helped me to highlight my hair yesterday, and we used a kit I got from Germany (i'm from Canada).  The company is Schwarzkopf Poly(they make the GOT2B brand) and the kit was called "Live Wild Lights".  It was a red colour, and even though my hair is really sark brown and I didn't bleach before hand, my hair turned a really funky pinky/red/purple colour.  It looks AWESOME and I would totally recommend it for anybody. Grin  I left it in for a bit longer than recommended, but I love the results.  Unfortunately, they don't sell it here in Canada (where i'm from) but i'm keeping a look out!  All the GOT2B brand sells here is the coloured gel, but I hate it because it makes my hair really gunky. Roll Eyes I love the way it turned out, and it's a nice change for me, since I usually don't mess around with my hair colour. I've only dyed my hair 3 times (including this time) and only twice permanently.  I'm hoping that this colour will last until my aunt's wedding next month!  It's a permanent colour, and it makes me happy everytime I see it!  I'm going to see if I can find something similar so I can keep this colour for a LONG time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
macabrechaos
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2006 06:42:17 PM »

ive been dying my hair for about a year?...maybe 20 times? ...ive gone from black to strawberry blonde mostly ive just used walmart brands but last time i used garnay nutreese (yes i know i misplelled it but i dont know how to) and the color was really vibrant although it was a couple dollars over what i useualy pay (my mom bought it  Wink ) i was very impresed and that was maybe two months ago and my hair grows about 0.7 a month and it now looks like i have red highlights man i love doing my hair although every time it smells like a aliens booty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my hobbies are  crochet sewing embriodery craft felt drawing painting comic books short stories poetry reading a hampster a mouse and a guinea pig soft toy and doll making clothes piano  maybe in the near future violin needle felting knitting  cross stitch another guinea pig and some new langauges
MCRguitarMCR
on the brink of finding commotion

I love My Chemical Romance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2006 07:55:52 PM »

I have tried dying my hair with some sem-permenant stuff and kool-aid but none of them work... Im not allowed to bleach my hair so If anyone knows of a hair dye that works well withought bleaching please let me know. I have red hair by the way Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ddevil
aww, here it goes...

whoaaaaa

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006 05:47:44 PM »

Special Effects is definitely the best. I've only used that and Manic Panic, though, so I couldn't tell you about the other one...

If you're going to dye your hair an unnatural color, though, use semi permanent dye; it's clearly the best. Plus, you don't damage your hair using semi permanent!

Leave the color in your hair for 3+ hours. This will help it become more intense and last longer. Don't shampoo the first night, either!!! DON'T! I didn't shampoo my hair for a month after dying my hair once because I was scared that the dye would come out. In reality, just use conditioner for about a week instead of shampooing, also. After a week, try to shampoo once, but don't worry if a lot of dye comes out. Nothing on your head will change.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I experiment with Color
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006 09:15:08 AM »

nothing works on me unless I bleach my hair out till it's almost white-blonde (quite a feat, considering I have dark chestnut hair)

but, I'd have to say that so far Special Effects has yielded the best results. I had hot pink hair for 4 months with just one bottle!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
macabrechaos
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2006 08:28:05 PM »

i recently went to hot topic and saw a brand for nine dollars i think it was called "Raw" it says all you need is water with no peroxide has any one used this before and would you recomend it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my hobbies are  crochet sewing embriodery craft felt drawing painting comic books short stories poetry reading a hampster a mouse and a guinea pig soft toy and doll making clothes piano  maybe in the near future violin needle felting knitting  cross stitch another guinea pig and some new langauges
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top 100 Pokemon: The Top 10
Behind the Scenes with Cali Swag District
How to Succeed on Deal or No Deal
How to Succeed at Rock Paper Scissors
How to Succeed on Jeopardy
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...