A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BJD: Creepy-Ass Japanese Dolls!  (Read 7740 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goldfishhead
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007 08:14:08 AM »

I got halfway through mine, before shcool/new job/moving ate my life. but i think a couple people finished theres on the "I can't afford a bjd, so I'll make one" thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007 09:20:25 AM »

I got halfway through mine, before shcool/new job/moving ate my life. but i think a couple people finished theres on the "I can't afford a bjd, so I'll make one" thread.
I found a few bodies for sale but doing the makeup and such is sort of scary. How much does the supplies for that part cost? (if any of you guyd know of course) Because the idea of making my own face is sort of fun. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
appleshannon
Tutorial Contributor

appleshannon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2011 04:00:26 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?action=search2
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=178009.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cottonmouth
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011 07:29:22 PM »

I am a huge HUGE fan of BJDs. If I had the money I wouldn't mind collecting a dozen of 'em or even filling up a room just for them, haha.  Grin

I would seriously love to see a BJD artist in craftster.org so I have someone to inquire on how to go about making these. They're really beautiful. My favorite BJD artist has to be Marina Bychkova at EnchantedDoll, her works on the dolls' facial features, accessories, clothes are just drop dead gorgeous and so tediously detailed. They're also quite a luxury, a piece sold on ebay for around $12,000 (I think)

This one is titled "Cinderella" you can see a lot of her works on her site.

P.S. sorry to bring this old thread, just wanted to share my enthusiasm for these dolls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sℴt ℬℓℴℴdℯd jℯwℯℓry

http://soft-blooded.blogspot.com
http://softblooded.etsy.com

ℰsthℯr
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011 09:20:22 AM »

I have only bought one of my dolls new for full price.  The rest I have bought in the marketplace on Den of Angels for WAY cheaper than new.  A lot of sellers will let you haggle.  For instance, my boy costs $320 new for just the basics and I got him for $180 used.

Want to talk creepy?  My latest came with horns and cat paws:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
RaineStormsong

You made bacon?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011 12:35:49 AM »

I don't know how "alive" this thread is, but I got mine, an Obitsu OOAK 23cm girl dollfie, off of e-bay for about $18, she's one of the cheaper ones, and if you look on http://www.volksusa.com or just google the website for the original Volks site, you should be directed to various BJDs. VolksUSA has some nice ones under Dollfie for $17-$18 USD, but those aren't the really nice but expensive resin dolls. But in terms of resin dolls, the cheapest on the site is the Dollfie Dream White Skin at $231USD. I'd say start out with one of the cheaper ones to get a feel for it before deciding on an expensive one, especially if time and money are issues. I actually plan to buy the Dollfie Dream White Skin when I get the chance, I love the one that I have to pieces, but I want one that's prettier with nice eyes rather than drawn on eyes.

Also, I'm sure if you google the term Dollfie, it'll give you various results for sites that make the dolls for you, you can even have custom "face ups" which is air brushed make up done for a small fee. Otherwise, the Volks site should have everything you need to do it yourself. The more expensive ones, the Super Dollfie, which are $630USD and up, come with everything shown in the picture including the make up, but they have few available choices and some may be discontinued later on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AaloriRian
Doll Lover

Saving for a Fairyland PukiFee

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011 02:50:01 PM »

I just got two fairyland bjd's. It cost me about $400 that I've been saving for a while. Before I got a "real" resin bjd I bought a cute baby Hujoo from Junkyspot for $30. Right now there are some on sale at mimiwoo for about $15-20.

Eliea - The most expensive (and dangerous!) thing you need is some type of sealant. Most people recommend MSC and you can get a can for about $12 plus s&h.

I have to say I really like my new girls. They were definitely worth it. If the doll you like has different event's throughout the year you should wait for that and then you can get a discount or sometimes a gift like a free doll! The wait for resin's can be long but depending on where you order from you can get layaway and don't have to come out of pocket so much.

I got my girls without a face-up (cheaper!) and I figured I'd give it a go myself. I can always pay the $40 later if I want and I can practice getting better in the meantime.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HELP! BJD noob trying to get invited onto DOA.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating Mood with Gaussian Blur in Photoshop
Understanding Aspect Ratio for Printing
Windmill Post Processing
Color Range in Photoshop
How to Use Fit Image in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...