A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,385
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baar Bazaar in Detroit  (Read 1012 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

reware
« on: August 14, 2005 03:11:36 PM »

Hey There!
I wanted to let all know in the Metro Detoit area about the wonderfullness of the Baar Bazaar. It happens every Wednesday night from 6 - 1 or so in the Garden Bowl at the Magic Stick. It is sort of a flea market inside the bar, and you can sell anything you want and buy other peoples cool stuff. They provide a 6 foot table for you, and they don't even charge you anything to sell! There's different vendors selling records, videos, crafty stuff, and I sell vintage clothes and some of my own creations. Check it out - its alot of fun whether you are buying or selling!

« Last Edit: August 14, 2005 03:18:02 PM by reware » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fun vintage clothing and housewares at great prices! Reware Vintage
pixiefarts
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005 09:16:57 AM »

How is the turn out for the baar bazaar? Thats sounds like a lot of fun..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

reware
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005 08:57:24 AM »

How is the turn out for the baar bazaar? Thats sounds like a lot of fun..

Its really good! Most of the time there is a show going on upstairs or next door or both, and we get swamped when they end. Even without a show there is at least a hundred people in there cause of leagues and the bazaar!

Its really a great time and you can make some $$ and new friends too! And you can't beat a free table!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucydenyes
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2005 08:16:32 AM »

I have some jewelry I made and was thinking about brining it out to the baar just because I like going to it myself! Do you think certain items sell better than others? How early do you have to get there to set up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xo, Lish
reware
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005 10:10:12 AM »

I have some jewelry I made and was thinking about brining it out to the baar just because I like going to it myself! Do you think certain items sell better than others? How early do you have to get there to set up?

I've brought some jewelry in the past, and sold it well! We've had all different vendors over the weeks, from clothes to cds and records. Some local artists have come and sold drawings, we've had a few people selling incense and candles, we even had a couple professionals giving massages! As long as it is more targeted towards the 18-30 crowd, I think anything could sell!

You can come as early as 6:00 to set up, but it doesn't really get busy until after 8 or 9, so some vendors don't come until then. If you come down to sell, come say hello to me! I'm the girl with the t-shirts right near the door!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spiderallis
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005 03:04:39 PM »

Howdy- Baar Bazaar caught my eye in MT last week, was curious if it was as nifty as it sounds.  Would I need to reserve a table?  Thanks for the review, reware, I'll say howdy when I see ya there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My imaginary friend says howdy, and that I'm not crazy, I'm just the translator, he's the crazy one.
reware
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005 05:40:52 AM »

Howdy- Baar Bazaar caught my eye in MT last week, was curious if it was as nifty as it sounds.  Would I need to reserve a table?  Thanks for the review, reware, I'll say howdy when I see ya there.

They aren't reserving tables right now for it, just come on down! See you there spiderallis!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Choosing Fabrics for Upholstery
Matching Buttons with Fabrics
How to Crochet a Bobble Stitch
How to Crochet Popcorn Stitch
Pottery Making: Learn Throwing
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...