A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fave Kids Book Swap Gallery; ROUND TWO  (Read 7934 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: October 14, 2005 11:26:06 AM »

I had a wonderful package from kat_penguino waiting for me when I got back from my trip!
A gorgeous "The Secret Staircase" journal, which is now my swap journal. Two great bookmarks from the book and a bat soap with a little card showing the appropriate scene from the book. How did you do that stuff, was it scanned or photocopied? It didn't look like it was cut from the book, but looked so professionally done. Did you make the soap- that's very impressive if you did.
For Eloise I got a great bookmark and a wonderful embroidered tote with a "Plaza survival kit". Raisins for my turtle and bubble gum and lolipops and a do not disturb sign and also a turtle button pin.
Thanks kat!
Pictures to come as soon as my camera charges and I unpack so I can actually walk around my room...

I just used a color copier and a laminater, I didn't want to cut up the book. Yup, I did make the soap. I'm glad you liked everything! I was worried you wouldn't after receiving such fantastic work from you.

Yay! I'll love the stuff so much more knowing that. I hate cutting up books, seems kind of wrong to me. And The Secret Staircase is out of print and that version of Eloise is the original edition with things that were changed in the new one cause they were "old" so in my mind they're both worth keeping intact.
Still no pictures... I'll have them by next week for sure.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
hubbyoed

I don't like the Cyclops

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 15, 2005 09:25:21 PM »

How did I miss out on this swap? You kids made some GREAT stuff. Oh god. I hope there's a round three coming soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

geeyouknit
Likes to hear but not to listen, to say but not to tell.

Hole-in-the-wall diners. Yum.

« Reply #72 on: October 15, 2005 09:31:35 PM »

Okay, it appears that the internet in the whole city of Richmond was down yesterday (or at least for me, my boyfriend, and Tower Records) so I finally got everyone elses feedback up today.

If I somehow missed you, please let me know!

JAMI
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lv2ScrpBk
-~Alicia Ann~-

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2005 07:27:49 AM »

Oh Wow- that painting is great! I love FROG AND TOAD. The soap is just adorable too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance."<br /><br />"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Devine"
twiga
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2005 08:16:37 PM »

Your things are fun and lovely!

Does anyone have a link to the first fave kids book swap?  I searched in this board and couldn't find it.  I am thinking of doing this in my classroom (kids share about their fave books and then make a crafty swap item for each other - kind of like secret santa) and I'd love to have lots of great samples of cool book-themed craft projects to inspire my middle schoolers.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geeyouknit

« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2005 11:10:50 AM »

Your things are fun and lovely!

Does anyone have a link to the first fave kids book swap?  I searched in this board and couldn't find it.  I am thinking of doing this in my classroom (kids share about their fave books and then make a crafty swap item for each other - kind of like secret santa) and I'd love to have lots of great samples of cool book-themed craft projects to inspire my middle schoolers.

Thanks!
Holy cow! That is an amazing idea, I would have loved to have had you as a middle school teacher! Holy cow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2005 01:03:33 PM »

Here is the great stuff I got from kat_penguino. My books were The Secret Staircase and Eloise.
For the Secret Staircase a journal with images from the book covers and a bat soap with the appropriate image from the book. The journal is now my swap journal.

Great bookmarks for both books!

the back of two bookmarks and the journal. The poem is a poem the mice recite in the book.

For Eloise a wonderful embroidered tote and "survival package" that came with raisins for my turtle, lollipops and bubble gum (all from the book) a do not disturb sign and a turtle pin instead of a real turtle. The candy is gone and the raisins didn't make it into the picture.

Thanks so much kat it's all so great!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2005 04:52:01 PM »

Twiga...here's the link for the first one:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=43329.0 if the link doesn't work (i'm at the library and this computer is a little wonky), it is on page 5 and it's called "Look, I Can Read..."  Smiley

and...i got my package from Geeyouknit a few days ago!!  Yayayayay!!  Cheesy  we were apparently paired together by the swapping gods, cause we were perfect for each other. (multiple procrastinating issues and such)  Wink 
i sent her Goodnight Moon and Corduroy.  and i got back a cute little orange zipper clutchy thing with blue starry fabric on the inside and two little zipper pulls made out of shrinky dinks with Corduroy (i seriously don't think that's how you spell that  Roll Eyes).  btw...the shrinky dinks is what i had trouble with the first time!  i can't seem to make them work!  anyway...i also got a tshirt, orange with an image from goodnight moon's cover screenprinted (i believe, correct me if i'm wrong) on it and little sparklies around it.  and the coolest thing about that is, the title is in spanish! "Buenos Noches Luna"  Grin  love it!!  you did not disappoint me!  at all!  I hope that was everything, it seems like i'm forgetting something.  Undecided  and unfortunately, i can't load any pics on the computer at the moment, so geeyouknit, if you took pictures, please share!

so i just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you!!  you were an awesome partner, and i hope you enjoy my package as much as i did yours!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy.com
geeyouknit

« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2005 06:25:21 PM »

so i just wanted to say thank you thank you thank you!!  you were an awesome partner, and i hope you enjoy my package as much as i did yours!   Kiss

I did love your package! I got it Monday but have been unable to post photos as well at the moment.... sometime next week I need to post what you sent me and what my secret swap partner sent me....

Kendaljay sent me a tote bag showing off her amazing embroidery skills (you must have some patience, kendaljay)... I had sent her "The Giving Tree" and she embroidered a photo from the book onto it. She also sent me handmade cards and an assortment of bracelets. I was really impressed! I did enjoy it!

We were indeed paired by the crafting gods, we both had tons of stuff going on, etc. Thanks for being so understanding!!!

JAMI
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kendaljay

Funny, she looks smaller from outside her head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2005 01:27:35 PM »

(you must have some patience, kendaljay)..

yay i'm glad you liked it!  and the bag took some doing!  i usually enjoy embroidering, but that bag took forreeevvverr!!   Wink  and i actually wanted to put a quote from the book on the other side, but as you can see, that didn't happen!  anyway, i'm glad you enjoyed it and it's been fun!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When you say words a lot they don't mean anything. Or maybe they don't mean anything anyway, and we just think they do.---Delirium

www.makeitcute.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art Is Not A Crime
Tommy the Wheelchair Artist
How Tommy Hollenstein Puts Wheels to Paper
Women Empowerment Through Female Animated Character
No Recession For Picasso
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...