A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
779 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tweet Li'l Birdie Gallery  (Read 7855 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

freakigreeniiz

Orange you glad I didn't say bananas?!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2005 09:10:13 AM »

This shirt is incredible!Is ther a tutorial on it somewhere? It's unbelieveable!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011 05:25:48 AM by loves2experiment - Reason: Removed image tags » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Le Cirage

A bas le cirage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2005 12:38:03 PM »

Hey Bobolink
I'm glad you liked everything and thanks again for being so patient!
If you make the bag charm please post pics...I'd love to see it.  As far as the care for your shirt.  All I do is turn them inside out like you said and stick them in with a regular load...it wouldn't hurt to be more delicate with it but I've never had problems with any of my shirts. 
The rug is handpainted with acrylics so it should be water resistant...I think it might be a little rough on your feet though! Painting on carpet, BTW, was a lot more of a hassle than I planned...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2005 01:33:11 PM »

Painting on carpet, BTW, was a lot more of a hassle than I planned...

I bet it is- you did a great job. The whole box smelled like paint from the rug, which I thought was great. I wore the shirt AND the bag this weekend. Halfway during the day my boyfriend said "that really is a great shirt", which is a huge compliment. Also the bag has gone on a bunch of adventures already including visiting tall ships and a night tour of Alcatraz.
My boyfriend and I went to see "March of the Penguins" the other day and the first thing he said after it ended was "Why did you have to give the penguin away" so now I'm on commission to make another and a baby to go with it... that's the danger of swaps I guess Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
Le Cirage

A bas le cirage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2005 06:57:10 AM »

I received my package from Freakigreenez on Friday!  I was so lucky to have two awesome swap partners.  My camera's battery charger is still mysteriously missing so if you have pics please go ahead and post them. If not I'll get them up as soon as I can.
I received a fantastic light blue t-shirt with a yellow chirppin' bird stenciled on the front and two hand made cards with a great owl print on them. How did you make the print?  Is it made with a Gocco? Also two origami cranes strung together with silver twine that I have hanging on my inspiration board in my studio. 
I've already worn the shirt twice in the four days I've had it! 
Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ithnkuno
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2005 01:19:32 PM »

This shirt is incredible!Is ther a tutorial on it somewhere? It's unbelieveable!
wow thank you. It is a bleach pen drawing, image from the interenet. Really simple, and I just didn't let and mess ups bug me. I actually let some of the bleach get on other parts of the shirt intentionally. Bleach pens are fun. I even made a shirt for my toddler.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011 05:26:17 AM by loves2experiment - Reason: Removed image tags » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
freakigreeniiz

Orange you glad I didn't say bananas?!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2005 05:08:01 PM »

I received my package from Freakigreenez on Friday!  I was so lucky to have two awesome swap partners.  My camera's battery charger is still mysteriously missing so if you have pics please go ahead and post them. If not I'll get them up as soon as I can.
I received a fantastic light blue t-shirt with a yellow chirppin' bird stenciled on the front and two hand made cards with a great owl print on them. How did you make the print?  Is it made with a Gocco? Also two origami cranes strung together with silver twine that I have hanging on my inspiration board in my studio. 
I've already worn the shirt twice in the four days I've had it! 
Thanks so much!

Hey, I'm so glad you liked the stuff!!!!!!!
The owl prints were inspired by the paintings on girlboyparty.com. They're woodblock prints- really fun and easy to make!
Looking forward to my package too!
freakigreeniiz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Le Cirage

A bas le cirage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2005 11:15:16 AM »

Freakigreeniiz,  Grasshopper let me know that you recieved your package!  I was a little nervous that the box would be too flimsy to make it to you so that's good news Wink

here's some crappy scans of what I sent her

A lined zippered pouch with felt and ribbon appliqu

The stencil at the bottom of a red t-shirt. (looks a bit similar to the one I sent Bobolink eh?)

A framed mixed media picture on canvas board (colors aren't quite right on the scan).

Hope you liked em!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Molly Quinn on Narrating City of Lost Souls
Cassandra Clare on Her Audiobook City of Lost Souls
Dreams on Spec
Kitty Pilgrim on the Mysteries of Ancient Egypt in The Stolen Chalice
The Conviction Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...