A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
639 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: stuff for our guys/significant others swap idea  (Read 3057 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

foufigirl

Sketchbook Project Theme: In Flight

View Profile WWW
« on: August 13, 2005 05:36:08 PM »

i had an idea, as my hubby seems to like the idea of swaps, but he never gets anything!
so, what about a swap for stuff for our husbands/boyfriends or significant others? maybe they could give us an idea of what they might like and we can craft something for them, with help or input from our men/significant others of couse! maybe a funky tshirt or something cool they might use in their car or...? any thoughts?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitster88
aka christinanne

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005 07:44:00 PM »

I love the idea. If i wasnt single id totally sign up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look what youve done to me now, youve made me perfect
craftykate
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005 08:52:47 PM »

I love this idea. My honey loves law and order and thought the stuff from the l&o swap was really cool. He really like the stenciled t shirts from that swap gallery, but I've never stenciled. This swap has great possibilities I think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005 09:23:57 AM »

Wow! This sounds like it could be a lot of fun.
I dont think it would have to be solely for guys/significant others, though. I often want my best friend to recieve something from a swap because I know she would love mail and would make her feel really special. Well, I guess that could be a different swap if needed.
A question, though: my boyfriend LOVES math, physics, classical music and James Joyce (and little else). How would we be paired up so that our partner would have an idea of what to make, if they aren't already familiar with those subjects?
I guess the first person could send as many details as possible, but some research would be required... at least for some people, I'd think.
Either way, I'm interested!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
foufigirl

Sketchbook Project Theme: In Flight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005 02:29:56 PM »

cool and for sure we could work it so it included best friends or anyone important to the person who signs up, guys or girls, married/taken or single or however it worked out!
i just first thought of my hubby who doesn't really get anything via my regular, mainly "girly" swaps, and wanted to include him in particular, but yeah if someone was single or wanted something for a friend instead, we could do that! i guess once partners were assigned, each partner could give lots of info, or as much as they could, as to what their significant other, whoever that might be, might like.
i know with my guy, it's hard to get info from him so if i get this swap going, maybe i'll get him to help me come up with some questions to help.

and maybe, for the people who have pretty specific interests,(mine loves F1 and spongebob of all things!) they could recommend some websites or something to look at to get ideas/inspiration and information, as well as suggestions. i would mostl likely include a section on this on the signup info...!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftykate
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005 02:35:49 PM »

I agree that not limiting it to significant others/ spouses would be cool. My sister would be a great recipient too, not just my boyfriend. I think this would be great as "somebody special to me swap" or whatever.  I dig this idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftykate.etsy.com

Yep, it's a knit blog
http://craftykate-knits.blogspot.com/

wanna trade? I heart personal swaps.
Rakuette
i make pottery!

i <3 midtown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005 10:15:50 PM »

Great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal blog- http://rakuette.blogspot.com/
my stuff for sale- http://Rakuette.etsy.com
365 craft- http://365craft.blogspot.com
365 clay- http://365clay.blogspot.com

i would like to be a swap angel
a) it's a good thing to do
b) i have 5 swaps from 3 years ago that i
would like to make up
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2005 01:47:39 AM »

I just got here to suggest the same thing! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
ADHDCraftster
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2005 07:51:18 AM »

I think this would be fun too! 

MeowWontPurr: I LUV classical music too and there are probably other people out there that would know plenty of ideas for someone whos a fan.  I can think of at least ten right now!  There's definately plenty of music lovers on this page that would know probably what to do for your beau.

I would do this if someone wants to organize it because I'd be afraid to.  Whoever does it though could maybe post questions about the crafter AND the recipient because really its the crafter and the partners' partner that should match up closely as far as likes and dislikes.  You know what I mean Vern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable...
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2005 08:50:50 AM »

If the crafters bf (or friend) and the partners bf (or friend) have similar interests that could work too - 'cause my boyfriend is very interested in maths and physics as well (nuclear physics more precisely, fusion and whatnot, but he studies almost all physics) so through him I know far more than I normally would - even though it doesn't interest me personally. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Urban Hairstyles
How to Do Teased Hairstyles
Bria Murphy Behind-The-Scenes For Dark & Lovely
Hair How To: The Grecian Twist
Adele, Lana Del Rey and Madonna Set Bouffant Hair Trend
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...