A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,738
Currently Running With Scissors:
646 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anything in the Pullman area?  (Read 2298 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onesmallinstrument

I am your pamphleteer

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2005 09:00:01 AM »

Greetings!

I just moved to Pullman from North Dakota for grad school and am wondering if there are any good supply stores in the area.  I would probably consider Spokane in the area, maybe Coeur d'Alene as well.  If not, I'll have to make a point to stock up when I go back home for a visit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"How I don't know what I should do with my hands when I talk to you. How you don't know where you should look, so you look at my hands."
Beetastic
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005 12:18:51 PM »

First off I am so sorry you had to move there.  I just moved away from there 1 month ago.  My husband finally finished school. Undecided

I guess it matters what crafts you do. 

Scrapbooking -- Paperpals on Grand Ave. (in Pullman) Next to the thrift shop

Yarn - Needle Nook in Moscow.  (I can not remember the street name just downtown)  They have weird hours so I could only go when I was not working. 

Other things - Micheal and Joanne's in  Moscow at the Palouse Mall (if you can call it a mall); Wal-Mart in Moscow has a few things but not a lot. 

There is not really anything else there unless you go to Spokane.  I just always went to visit my parents in the Tri-Cities and stocked up there.   

Sorry to dis on Pullman it is just if you are not going to school there is nothing to do.  I moved from Seattle and it was a big shock.

I hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

preheateddeath
Konna ni kurushii no?

~~Quirky~~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005 12:00:15 PM »

Pullman also has a Dollar Tree -- they have some interesting stuff relating to weddings that you can find in expensive stores (Moscow also has one)

~~~~ most of the thrift stores have closed down, but right next to Paper pals, there is the humane society thrift store, and I know that they have some other interesting goods. Hmmm..... also, if you're interested in glass, there's also Ra Glass just down the street.

And, of course, Moscow/Pullman building supply. You'd be surprised.

And I love Pullman! Been here about a year, and it's SO MUCH BETTER than southern Idaho.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onesmallinstrument

I am your pamphleteer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005 10:42:31 PM »

Thanks for the tips!  I've gotten accustomed to the area now that it's been a few months, but I've hardly seen any of the town at all.  The Express bus runs right by my apartment so I go to school, then back home, etc.  I don't know where any of those places are, but now I have a reason to go out exploring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"How I don't know what I should do with my hands when I talk to you. How you don't know where you should look, so you look at my hands."
preheateddeath
Konna ni kurushii no?

~~Quirky~~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005 01:39:18 PM »

Actually, the downtown area has a Goodwill, too.... ummm..... Oh, goodness, I can't remember the street name for the Ra Glass place...

South Grand. Yes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jewels1223
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009 10:09:43 AM »

Is there anywhere in the Pullman/Moscow area that has classes on learning to sew clothing? I can already sew okay, but I have no clue how to tackle using a pattern and altering it to fit me..... and I don't have time in my class schedule to do any of those types of classes through WSU (if WSU even has those...).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plummy
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009 12:14:57 AM »

for classes you could try the quilting store in moscow...it's right next to the needle nook, i don't remember what it's called.  i'm not sure if they have clothing sewing classes, but i'm pretty sure they at least have quilting sewing classes.  you could also try auditing a sewing class as WSU or UI if you dont have time in your schedule.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009 12:15:30 AM by plummy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to trade for kawaii Japanese fabric or cabochons!  PM me if you're interested!

Visit my etsy shop!   Cute girly clothing and accessories!  bydanalynn.etsy.com
Jewels1223
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009 12:33:15 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to check those out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Protect Your Paintings from Damage
Assembling Supplies for Plein Air Painting
How to Draw Bamboo with Watercolor
How to Create Snow with Watercolor
How to Create Realistic Tree Trunks in Watercolor Painting
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...