A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,039
Currently Running With Scissors:
437 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Anything in the Pullman area?  (Read 2310 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

onesmallinstrument

I am your pamphleteer

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2005 09:00:01 AM »

Greetings!

I just moved to Pullman from North Dakota for grad school and am wondering if there are any good supply stores in the area.  I would probably consider Spokane in the area, maybe Coeur d'Alene as well.  If not, I'll have to make a point to stock up when I go back home for a visit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"How I don't know what I should do with my hands when I talk to you. How you don't know where you should look, so you look at my hands."
Beetastic
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005 12:18:51 PM »

First off I am so sorry you had to move there.  I just moved away from there 1 month ago.  My husband finally finished school. Undecided

I guess it matters what crafts you do. 

Scrapbooking -- Paperpals on Grand Ave. (in Pullman) Next to the thrift shop

Yarn - Needle Nook in Moscow.  (I can not remember the street name just downtown)  They have weird hours so I could only go when I was not working. 

Other things - Micheal and Joanne's in  Moscow at the Palouse Mall (if you can call it a mall); Wal-Mart in Moscow has a few things but not a lot. 

There is not really anything else there unless you go to Spokane.  I just always went to visit my parents in the Tri-Cities and stocked up there.   

Sorry to dis on Pullman it is just if you are not going to school there is nothing to do.  I moved from Seattle and it was a big shock.

I hope this helps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

preheateddeath
Konna ni kurushii no?

~~Quirky~~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005 12:00:15 PM »

Pullman also has a Dollar Tree -- they have some interesting stuff relating to weddings that you can find in expensive stores (Moscow also has one)

~~~~ most of the thrift stores have closed down, but right next to Paper pals, there is the humane society thrift store, and I know that they have some other interesting goods. Hmmm..... also, if you're interested in glass, there's also Ra Glass just down the street.

And, of course, Moscow/Pullman building supply. You'd be surprised.

And I love Pullman! Been here about a year, and it's SO MUCH BETTER than southern Idaho.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onesmallinstrument

I am your pamphleteer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005 10:42:31 PM »

Thanks for the tips!  I've gotten accustomed to the area now that it's been a few months, but I've hardly seen any of the town at all.  The Express bus runs right by my apartment so I go to school, then back home, etc.  I don't know where any of those places are, but now I have a reason to go out exploring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"How I don't know what I should do with my hands when I talk to you. How you don't know where you should look, so you look at my hands."
preheateddeath
Konna ni kurushii no?

~~Quirky~~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005 01:39:18 PM »

Actually, the downtown area has a Goodwill, too.... ummm..... Oh, goodness, I can't remember the street name for the Ra Glass place...

South Grand. Yes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jewels1223
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009 10:09:43 AM »

Is there anywhere in the Pullman/Moscow area that has classes on learning to sew clothing? I can already sew okay, but I have no clue how to tackle using a pattern and altering it to fit me..... and I don't have time in my class schedule to do any of those types of classes through WSU (if WSU even has those...).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
plummy
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009 12:14:57 AM »

for classes you could try the quilting store in moscow...it's right next to the needle nook, i don't remember what it's called.  i'm not sure if they have clothing sewing classes, but i'm pretty sure they at least have quilting sewing classes.  you could also try auditing a sewing class as WSU or UI if you dont have time in your schedule.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009 12:15:30 AM by plummy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to trade for kawaii Japanese fabric or cabochons!  PM me if you're interested!

Visit my etsy shop!   Cute girly clothing and accessories!  bydanalynn.etsy.com
Jewels1223
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009 12:33:15 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to check those out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create 3D Graffiti
How to Write Graffiti Letter E
How to Write Graffiti Letter F
How to Draw an Embarrassed Face Manga Style
How to Paint a Building in Two-Point Perspective
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...