A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: About jaami  (Read 2839 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2005 11:57:47 PM »

I received this message today, so if anybody is participating in a swap with her this is the reason she hasn't been on craftster for a bit.

Quote from: jaami
Hello

I am writing in regards to a recent message that was meant to be sent in mass to a group of members in the inbox/outbox of my girlfriend, Jaami. As I have not heard directly from anyone at this time, I am resending the information that I sent last Friday to those of you who have sent messages to Jaami, and messages she has sent out.

As some of you may (or may not) know, Jaami and I set out moving the week of July 25th to our new home in Hamilton, from Raglan (New Zealand). On Friday, July 29th, Jaami was involved in a car crash with a truck heading East. She has since been in hospital with a minor concusion and bruised spine. I do not know if anyone knows of her back problems, but in the not so distant past she had her T12 and L1 discs taken out of her spinal cord in an attempt to remove a cancerous growth. The accident has caused some problems with that area and is making it difficult for Jaami to walk. It is said that she should be able to return home within the next two weeks.

She has expressed to me her concern in letting other members of this forum know of her inability to get in touch with them, and has asked me to contact as many people as possible. I do not know what her individual participation or organizational duties were, though I know she was working on some projects when the accident occurred. If any of you receiving this letter could be so kind as to passing on this information to anyone who may be effected  by it, friends or other members, it would be appreciated beyond words. She's been quite persistent in her want and need to create and it is frustrating for us both that at this time she cannot.

I apologize on both our behalf if any of this information was not originally sent to its intended destination or if this has any detrimental effects on those of you this is being sent to. I'm sure as soon as it's possible, she'll be back to creating and sewing up a storm. I will inform her as soon as possible if I hear from anyone in regards to this message.

Thank you for taking the time to read & your understanding.
I will check back in the near future to see if anyone has wrote.

Best wishes,
Dale
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Writer78
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005 06:11:21 AM »

I am not in any swaps with Jaami right now, but she and I exchanged some friendly e-mails a few weeks ago, discussing a possible personal swap.  Kat, if you can get word to Dale, will you please tell him that I have said a prayer for him and Jaami, and I was very concerned and upset to hear that she was hurt?  I hope he will tell her that she's got a friend in Chicago thinking of her!!

thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005 06:37:00 AM »

I posted the PM i got from Dale in our swap..it would be nice if we could send something to her as a get well type thing, i was very upset to hear about her in the hospital..and i hope she gets better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005 07:36:21 AM »

it would be nice if we could send something to her as a get well type thing, i was very upset to hear about her in the hospital..and i hope she gets better!
this is the first thing I thought, also. would it be out of place for me to want to send her something?
that is such sad news. I hope she feels better soon...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005 07:48:15 AM »

it would be nice if we could send something to her as a get well type thing, i was very upset to hear about her in the hospital..and i hope she gets better!
this is the first thing I thought, also. would it be out of place for me to want to send her something?
that is such sad news. I hope she feels better soon...

no i think she would appreciate it! i know i would! but what to send? i'm trying to get folks at the Long Loopy Necklace Swap that I'm organizing to get into it too but we'll see Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

autumnelayne

Such is the way of the Craft Ninja.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005 07:05:53 PM »

OMG poor thing! She was so stressed out about moving as it was! I would like to send her something too. Let me know if you guys get any info on where we can send her some get well stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005 10:19:08 PM »

News from Jammi (dale)

Quote from: jaami
Hello All

I would like to take the opportunity to give everyone a very big "thank you!" from Jaami and myself at this time. Everyone has been sending their kindest wishes which means a lot to us both, and every time I got to tell Jame about another "feel better" it really put a smile on her face. She has said she wants to write a personal hand-written thank you note to everyone; it meant so much to her. So to all of you - and to anyone who this didn't immediately reach, but to those on the outside - thank you once again. It has re-instituted my faith in people.

Now for the news -  good news! Jaami is able to come home on the 22nd of August, this coming Monday. Quicker than expected! Though she cannot attend work right away or do a large amount of mobile activity, her back is healing quickly considering its condition, and she is much more herself. It was a big relief to learn that life will get back to normal and she can proceed with doing what she loves. In no time we are all hoping she will be able to surf again every day, but I am sure the first thing she will do is start making more crafts.

It is hard to believe that this all started nearly a month ago. Time has dragged on and also flown past - the past two months have just gone haywire. I believe though that sometimes it gets worse before it gets better, so here's to the future being bright. I just count my lucky stars that she is alive and well (for the most part Wink) and she has been strong. I know that the wonderful support that was sent to her allowed her part of that strength.

Please pass on my personal thanks, as well as the overwhelming amount of love she has for you all. She should be in touch with everyone soon, if there is a delay I won't hesitate to pass on any concerns she has.

Wishing the best to you all,
Dale
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Meow Wont Purr

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005 10:23:34 PM »

That update makes me definitely want to send her something, now.
What if we give her a card-shower?
I was thinking that a card would be easy to whip up, maybe add some flat things like... I dont know, a bracelet or bookmark or something small. A bunch of those would be so nice!!
Anyone?
Actually, who has her address? Could you share it with those interested in sending her a card?
Or should we ask her/Dale first if it's okay? I dont really know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2005 10:29:01 PM »

I don't have her address. Dale has been PM'ing from her screen name.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krazigal72

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005 10:35:54 PM »

I have her address.  I'm sending (as are a bunch of girls) a necklace from the "Long Loopy Necklace swap". Kat, pm me if you want the address
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Smooth Out Your Cellulite With Items from the Kitchen
Ask Essie: What Nail Color to Wear Right Now
How to Get Beachy Waves
The Many Uses of EOS Lip Balm
Roksanda Ilincic Fall 2014 London Fashion Wk Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...