A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
474 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE GENERIC BOYFRIEND GIFT THREAD: A How-To!  (Read 249553 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Tinted
« Reply #160 on: December 17, 2005 10:19:46 AM »

How about a no-sew fleece scarf made with his favorite color. You can embroider his initials on it, or maybe a quote or something that means something between the two of you.
Marble magnets are a good quick gift, print out pictures of his favorite band.
Stenciled t-shirt with a picture of something he likes.
If you knit, you can knit him a skull cap in his favorite color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sasto
I am too a queen--my pantyhose say so!

God save the queen-sized!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2005 09:29:54 AM »

I'm making several things for my BF this Christmas but my fav is a "manly" pillow. He has a bunch of old work shirts with the patches with his name on them (he's not a mechanic, but it's the same kind of thing) so I stitch a piece of white t-shirt over the neck hole, cut and hem the sides and bottom and fill with a pillow form. This would also work with concert t-shirts, and you could do it by cutting fringe all around the sides and just knotting two t-shirts together using the same principal as the "no-sew" fleece blankets. I was also thinking about doing a football themed shower curtain, since all that would require is a few hems and button holes to accomodate the shower hooks--there are lots of team inspired fabrics. This is our first Christmas together and I think he's going to be very surprised about how cool it is to have a crafty chick as a girlfriend...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's all true.
(Except of course, for the lies.)
mixxtape riot

sing me a sad song on the fire escape

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: December 19, 2005 02:25:54 PM »

gosh. i love that record clock + the table.
what did you use for the numbers on the clock? [sequins/beads/rhinestones??]
the whole present is quite amazing, i'm sure he'll love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
becx
« Reply #163 on: December 19, 2005 02:39:35 PM »

another troubled girfriend here...i know i wouldnt risk making anything he'd have to wear because i dont want to be pushy with my taste, and besides he is not really into all the hip stuff - stenciled tees and like.
im pretty challenged financially, too.
i was thinking of some coupon idea and maybe, as the picture seems a bit conventional(and i have no decent ones to print) i'd stencil one on a cup. well  a practical gift is always good and he's in dire need of kitcenware.
i guess there are special paints sold for that?

i could always add some sweets and stuff but i feel that there should  be something more.
well he also needs a scarf, but there is this problem again that he has a strong opinion about what he will and will not wear and i dont want to make him wear something he doesnt like. it's too late to knit one anyway.
as many, hes not much of a christmas person, and neither am i, but i really feel like i need to make something for him..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
happybeenz
« Reply #164 on: December 19, 2005 09:34:40 PM »

the pants idea is amazing!  another idea--make a stuffed animal/doll of your as your nickname, and spray it with his favorite perfume of yours.  it's especially good if you have stupid nicknames (i.e. scuddlebucket)

i did this, and i also bought a talking christmas ornament and put it inside, so you can push the dolls stomach and hear my voice!  a little strange... but it was funnn to make
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i dont have a signature
Maliaka
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2005 10:48:16 AM »

One year for Christmas I sewed my boyfriend two matching pillows. The fabric was a hunter green, and I sewed on the sides with an alternate fabric of.... my old green plaid boxers, which I previously wore every single night to bed. We were long distance back then and he LOVED them because they had that extra personal touch. Smiley

« Last Edit: December 20, 2005 10:53:37 AM by Maliaka » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Winter Lights Clothing ~
http://www.winterlights.etsy.com
BettyThreat
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2005 01:31:27 PM »

i vote no on the fleece scarf. what man would really wear a fleece scarf? I guess its okay, but i would know him really well if you want to try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOve -Betty
dancewithme
« Reply #167 on: December 22, 2005 10:45:51 AM »

For my boyfriend and I's six months I made him a record bowl, filled it with skittles and gum(staples in his life), gave him a star wars coloring book and crayons, I took a pack of listerine pocket packs and wrote notes it it and stuck it in a balloon, and remade his first book (green eggs and ham) into a book of our firsts (first kiss, first date, blah blah)...  I also wrote him a letter telling him how much I loved him and how he changed my life and all..  That day we also went to a nearby lake and had a picnic of stuff we handmade from the night before, and we just sat there enjoying each others company... thats all I see my boyfriend really wants- just to be with me.
~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One love
One shot
That's all we ever got
HollySaurusRawr
« Reply #168 on: December 22, 2005 03:00:36 PM »

i vote no on the fleece scarf. what man would really wear a fleece scarf? I guess its okay, but i would know him really well if you want to try it.
I made my boyfriend a no-sew fleece scarf for his birthday and he wears it all the time.. He wants another now to match his brown coat since the one I made was black.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GreatBallofFire
« Reply #169 on: December 22, 2005 06:43:06 PM »

When I was knitting at the end of the semster at my boyfriend's apartment, he looks at me and says "Never knit me anything, okay?" It just struck me as funny, and delightfully honest. He's one of those people that would wear shorts to work in the winter if they let him, so knitted wear is the last thing he needs, and I'm glad he told me, because I was days away from starting a scarf for Christmas! He told me when I got the urge to knit to make it for our friend Adam (his roomie) insted. So, Adam is getting a SNB hot head hat for Christmas  Tongue   And the boy is getting a desk valet from Linens N' Things and a hand made stocking. My advice... listen to them, in some way or another (maybe not as bluntly as mine) they will give you clues!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the Knitting Journal
www.sticksnloans.blogger.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Colorist Jennifer J on How to Stop Brassy Hair Color
Liven Up Your Hair With Commitment-Free Chalk Color
How to Refresh Oily Hair
Braid Styles for the Red Carpet
How to Do a Waterfall Braid
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...