A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
746 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE GENERIC BOYFRIEND GIFT THREAD: A How-To!  (Read 244124 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

malisha

♫ If i ever lose my knees... i wont have 2 beg ♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #970 on: December 13, 2010 05:22:44 PM »

Okaaay!!! I always give my bf creative gifts! We've been dating for 5 years and I'm almost braindead when it comes for new Ideas!  This is what I remember giving him (hope you can use it for ideas)

A wall clock with 12 pictures of us, each picture was one number!
a plushie of his favorite soccer team mascot
loaaaaaaads of stenciled t shirts (the hangover baby, a scarface one, like 10 with his fave bands)
a paper mache "sculpture"
a drawing of us together
a knitted hat
a knitted sweater
a stenciled sweatshirt (with our favourite music band)
a tennis court quilt
a framed picture of me when I was a kid (he always loved that pic, so i made him a copy)
If I remember more, I'll post them

Sooo this christmas I'm more braindead than ever!!! He requested another t shirt, but giving him only a tshirt would feel like giving him a "worth for a hug" card!  Plus... I've got like a $10 budget!!!! 

About him: he's a sportsman, he loves tennis and soccer, actually he is a tennis coach and plays soccer at least once a week, he loves me to give him handmade stuff (he prefers handmade to storebought), he loves comedy movies and cartoon movies, he has always loved german shepherds (actually he has one, who lives at his parents house), he loves rock music, lives in a tiny appartment and loves blue and red.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in mexico, I can send loads of mexican stuff ...I'd swap for crafting supplies and scrapbooking supplies (PM if interested)

"Only when the last tree has been cut, and the last fish has been killed, then mankind will understand that money can't be eaten"

http://www.wists.com/malisha
queenarmadillo
« Reply #971 on: February 08, 2011 04:13:11 PM »

If you draw well, could you do a portrait of his German Shepherd?

Or if he doesnt already have one, a scarf in the colours of his soccer team?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christysaysrawr
« Reply #972 on: July 07, 2012 02:43:39 PM »

I recently have made my boyfriend a few things...I think I may be going over board since we have only been seeing each other for about 7 months (technically 4 months official).
He loves Star Wars, Minecraft,

I also have bought him-

The eyeglasses actually for a steal price work really well, he never had any glasses before and refused to pay even $50 for them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DIYitis.
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #973 on: December 02, 2012 12:57:31 AM »

If he's a sports fan, make him pajamas using his favorite team's colors.
My bf is a New Orleans Saints fan so I made him a pair of pj pants that were black with gold pinstripes.

If he likes for his personal space to look stylish, make him a throw pillow. If you don't want to stuff one yourself, pillow forms are your best friend.
I found this really nice black silk brocade with gold Asian dragons on it that I used to make a fancy throw pillow. I also put tassels on the corners and an invisible zipper on one side so that the case can be removed for cleaning and the pillow can be replaced if it gets lumpy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GoldfishGirl

Amorphous Big Red Monster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #974 on: February 27, 2013 07:47:00 PM »

This Christmas, I gave my boyfriend of three years a work-weeks worth of hand knit socks. I'd given him some for his birthday and after I got back from a monthlong trip abroad. And another pair for this Valentine's day. So he has a week +1 pairs of socks, and he loves them. He gushes about them, saying things like "I'm so glad I don't have to wear store bought socks anymore!"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists:  http://www.wists.com/goldfishgirl

I'm always up for Personal Swaps! I can knit and sew. What can you do? Let's trade!
FreakieGeekie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Queen of Quirky, lover of all things cute and creepy

Proudly lets her freak flag fly

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #975 on: February 27, 2013 10:50:00 PM »

I wish I could knit socks (or crochet them) so I could make my bf some :3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coulsenl
« Reply #976 on: October 30, 2013 07:40:27 PM »

I started dating my now husband a month before his birthday. I had no idea what to get for him, I didn't want anything too sentimental since we'd only been together a month, but I wanted something that showed a little thought. In the end, I went kind of simple and made him a birthday cake and a few handmade chocolates. Can't go too wrong with food.

For our first Christmas, I etched some whiskey glasses and champagne flutes with a few designs. I'd never done it before so I just used a kit I picked up from Michaels, but it was a real hit. I find useful items that can be personalised a little bit the best way to go with guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Teddy Bear Out of Old Clothes
How to Make a Star of David Decoration
How to Make a Christmas Tree Ornament
How to Make a Craft Stick Snowman
How to Make a Decorated Paper Christmas Tree
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...