A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 298,778
Currently Running With Scissors:
367 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE GENERIC BOYFRIEND GIFT THREAD: A How-To!  (Read 248818 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

miffy
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2005 07:47:07 PM »

great ideas, dolls!! my boyfriend's b-day is Aug. 31st and i think you guys have definitely inspired me to make some pretty awesome things! THANK YOU!! i'll post pics as soon as i'm finished!

he's turning 25, and he keeps complaining that he's an "old man". LOL. not sure if i should run with that idea, or if it would hurt his feelings.  Cheesy

Maybe you could give him gifts that make him feel like a kid, that way he'd feel less "old man" ish. I know my boyfriend hates it when I call him old (only cause he's two years older than me) even when it's a joke.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shortestkitty
Wootage.

Ghost ride your whip.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2005 02:15:02 PM »

For my boyfriend's birthday and sort of 1.5 year anniversary I embroidered a pillowcase with "our song" as the theme. Can be seen here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51185.0;topicseen  Kiss

...and I'm positively in love with the pants idea. Definitely on my list! Thanks for the great idea  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look! Round windows!

Check out my Etsy shop for handpainted fashion goodness:
http://www.frompapertocloth.etsy.com

And yes, there's a blog: http://frompapertocloth.blogspot.com
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2005 06:58:21 PM »

-SURPRISE HIM! Decorate the INSIDE of his locker, leave him surprise notes in his school books or in his book bag or in his CD player or slip one in his back pocket..

For my boyfriend's birthday I got a bunch of balloons, stuffed notes inside them(good memories, random thoughts, parts of instant messager conversations we've had) then blew them up, drove to his house at midnight and filled his jeep with 'em. Needless to say, he was quite surprised the next morning!

If you try this idea, I definitely reccomend tying the balloons together in strings of 10 or so with some gift ribbon..makes them much easier for you to put in the car and for him to take out! Plus, the idea only worked for me because i knew he doesn't lock his car.  The balloons take a while to blow up, but it's fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
Iz
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2005 09:11:35 PM »

My now-husband's favorite homemade things:

- A green camouflage sleeveless vest with mao-style collar

- A cute plaid blindfold-thingie (so he an sleep while I read in bed)

and....................

- Adorable cotton boxers, in white cotton with cute monsters and the phrase "happy burp-day" on it Smiley

If you're intimate enough, homemade boxers are pretty much guaranteed to be a hit with your guy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lauriemk
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2005 10:38:08 AM »

I always hide coupons in plastic easter eggs for my bf on easter.  By far, his favorite coupon is that I will do "one out of turn litterbox cleaning".  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
wildflowerz
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2005 04:56:23 AM »

WOW! I have just read a buch of really great ideas that HAVE helped me out of my slump of trying to do something crafty for my bf for his bday on the 14th. BUT.....I hinted around to some of my ideas...these ideas... and he wasn't havin' it!
 I was a little shocked and disappointed, because I really want to MAKE him something wonderful because he is wonderful and he TOTALLY supports me and my crafting addiction. Loves all that I do and mainly I focus my crafts on swaps or myself or stuff for girls so Now he says leave his clothes alone and he didn't like anything I mentioned, so now I am back at square one. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2005 12:39:42 PM »

WOW! I have just read a buch of really great ideas that HAVE helped me out of my slump of trying to do something crafty for my bf for his bday on the 14th. BUT.....I hinted around to some of my ideas...these ideas... and he wasn't havin' it!
 I was a little shocked and disappointed, because I really want to MAKE him something wonderful because he is wonderful and he TOTALLY supports me and my crafting addiction. Loves all that I do and mainly I focus my crafts on swaps or myself or stuff for girls so Now he says leave his clothes alone and he didn't like anything I mentioned, so now I am back at square one. Undecided

*hug* maybe crafty isnt the way to go this time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
thecraftyminx

To fail is to try in the first place.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2005 02:12:38 PM »

my man tolerates my creative mess......and will appear interested at times!!!  It is his 32nd birthday next sunday, and has just told me he is taking the week off work.  This means that I dont have any time to make him anything at all over the week before his birthday, and I am soooo broke right now after paying all the bills  Sad

I have already done the cooking dinner, wearing rude lingerie and doing unusual activities to match....er-hum, Embarrassed  I have made him a "love" cheque book with my own vouchers in it that he could redeem at any time he chose, I have handpainted a mug and his special beer glass, I have also painted a tobacco tin too in the past..........  I have less than a week, no cash and dont have much of a clue about scrapbooking either........oh heck...  I am gonna look like the worst girlfriend ever.  Oh well then christmas is only four months away, hehehehehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ninkybink

~*FaShIoNiStA*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2005 07:58:14 PM »

I made mine cute sock monky flannel pj pants, and in the pocket added a supise monkey w/ I heart you" in id bracelet beads Smiley

I also got him a shirt from fredflare.com a few other clothes.

try urbn.com uncommongoods.com guyshop.com  thinkgeek.com for some non-crafty ideas if you need some. you can usually find some cute stuff.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005 08:02:17 PM by Ninkybink » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kayla
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2005 08:15:23 PM »

mittens!!

you cant go wrong!
i
i made a pair for my ex (or well at the time bf) and he loved them, i made them with a mitten minder(that long string that attaches to both mittens) and he would swing them around and play with them all the time!

his friends were so jealous!!

~Kayla
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Off Book: The Birth of the Animated GIF Medium
Off Book: Arts and Creative Projects in the Internet Age
Working with the New Basics Panel
How to Draw Gemma Arterton from Hansel and Gretel Witch Hunters
How to Draw Rukia Kuchiki from Bleach
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...