A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 298,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
750 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE GENERIC BOYFRIEND GIFT THREAD: A How-To!  (Read 248704 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frankierevolver
Miss M. Sassypants

Mo'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2005 07:49:51 PM »

Or make fun of me/ it forever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DustMite

You may say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2005 09:00:54 PM »

You're nicer than I am. That would only motivate me to do more things like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krazykt1286
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2005 01:13:32 PM »

yay! i LOVE making crafty presents for my boyfriend!!! i'm big into making greeting cards...so every so often i'll just get bored and make him and "i love you" card...for valentine's day..i made him a little miniature book of love quotes and jokes and things....all made w/ my scrapbooking decorations and such...we have a joke about easy mac...and i made him a shirt w/ the logo for some holiday or another....i made him a shirt w/ Thing 1 from the cat in the hat on it....and i'm gonna make one for me w/ Thing 2 lol  cheesy i'm aware...my favorite thing i've done for him is...our 6 month "anniversary" was on July 25th...aka christmas in july!!!  so i decorated his car w/ christmasy stuff Cheesy  i put red garland around his seat...i had a couple of those big plastic candy canes and put those in his car...i made a little felt stocking and decorated it w/ a little palm tree and a little sun and waves...and wrote happy 6 months! and merry christmas in july!  i got a big ol' sand bucket thing and put some random food and presents in it...and the stocking had little things like a livestrong bracelet and candy and a darth vader sucker and fun stuff like that   he LOVED the whole thing.  he kinda freaked out on me about it...it was cute lol 

now i'm kinda scared...cuz his birthday is coming up...and idk what to do...cuz i kinda topped myself off w/ that one....idk what will rank up that high again :S
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IsARocketShip
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2005 08:52:09 PM »

What I found as an easy Christmas gift for my boyfriend last year was to make him a scarf. Basic ones are really, really simple to learn to make, and there are excellent websites that can get you up and going in no time. And I've never seen anyone get a handmade scarf and not love it. My boyfriend loved it so much that he wore it at home all the time. He's even requested another one for next Christmas (*cough* ..spoiled.. *cough*).

Once, I made him a few paper cranes just because I was going through a little origami-phase. He loved those so much that he hung them from his ceiling via dental floss. Since he moved, he's lacking paper cranes hovering about his bed, so I'm attempting to make a mobile-like monstrosity of beaded strings connecting the birds.

And top priority at the moment is making him a care package for when he gets his wisdom teeth taken out this week. Ie pill box for his pain killers with notes hidden within, a dental mirror so he can look at his teeth one last time before they're ripped from him, a hot water bottle, and silly things I know he'll appreciate.

The key is, know your boyfriend. He'll love whatever you give him and put time into. Adding little things that are between you both will make gifts most-special.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slymaria
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2005 11:49:56 PM »

One idea that I had as a boyfriend gift that I never actually did do was to get him a pair or pants and screenprint me winking at him or making some kind of nerdy flirty face ON THE INSIDE of the pants, like near the fly. lol. Then I figured his mom would wonder when doing the laundry... I did once make him a photo album (which has kinda fallen apart by now, i don't know anything about book binding) with a painting of us on the back and a framed picture of us on the front so he could prop it up on his dresser. This year, I'm gunna go with a buttload of stenciled shirts, as well as my version of that awesome army man table that won the Dollar store challenge! Thank you for the ideas craftster!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lyzalyzalyza

my shades are more pimp than yours!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2005 10:19:11 AM »

One idea that I had as a boyfriend gift that I never actually did do was to get him a pair or pants and screenprint me winking at him or making some kind of nerdy flirty face ON THE INSIDE of the pants, like near the fly. lol. Then I figured his mom would wonder when doing the laundry...

HAHAHAHA that is GOLDEN!
i'm so doing that for next present.. good thing he does his own laundry =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all you need is love!
pink_princess
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2005 05:07:49 AM »

My bf is constantly getting attacked with my crafts! recently he was really down cos he hates his job so i made him a pikmin out of clay, i was so pleased with it i wanted to keep it ... its a good job i love him!
its our anniversary this friday so im busy crafting!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ducky go down the hooooole!
AllieStar
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005 06:56:39 AM »

great ideas, dolls!! my boyfriend's b-day is Aug. 31st and i think you guys have definitely inspired me to make some pretty awesome things! THANK YOU!! i'll post pics as soon as i'm finished!

he's turning 25, and he keeps complaining that he's an "old man". LOL. not sure if i should run with that idea, or if it would hurt his feelings.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coffee. myspace. cupcakes. flickr. embroidery.
NEW! my crafty blog >> ice pink stars!
mayerlove
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2005 09:45:23 AM »

my bf's birthfay and our 2 year anniversary are a month apart. for his birthday, i'm getting him a DVD player for his room since he broke the other one and something more personalized for our 2 year. i LOVE the pants idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2005 05:15:13 PM »

the pants idea is amazing!  another idea--make a stuffed animal/doll of your as your nickname, and spray it with his favorite perfume of yours.  it's especially good if you have stupid nicknames (i.e. scuddlebucket)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Learn Fabric Painting Techniques
How to Apply Fabric Painting Stencils
How to Paint Designs On A Piggy Bank
How to Create a Painted Mug
How to Use Fabric Glitter Liner Pens
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...