A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE GENERIC BOYFRIEND GIFT THREAD: A How-To!  (Read 244416 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dancedupapillon
« Reply #900 on: March 22, 2009 09:06:24 PM »

So Sam and I are celebrating four years on April 6th.  My, does time ever fly...

Anyway, I started making a pair of coin rings with change left over from our trip to England last summer.  His is a 50p coin, which has an awesome shape and unusual size, and mine is a 10p coin, which we've decided makes the best "ping" when being flipped.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
your.bestnightmare
« Reply #901 on: March 24, 2009 06:42:24 PM »

My boyfriend and I will be celebrating our six month anniversary in two weeks. Im stealing an idea I say in the beginning of this thread, where you replace the chocolate kiss slips with your own paper. Im doing reasons I love him. (Im typing them up now, I have fifty so far) I know this probaby sounds like its too early to do something like that. But we've actually dated for the past three years. (We broke up for awhile, but we were still good friend in between when we were dating) Plus he's my first REAL boyfriend.
I plan on making him a card with 1 Corinthians 13. Which, besides being so poetic, has alot of hidden meaning to our relationship. Oh, and I plan on putting the hershey kisses in a record bowl I made for him with the Love Story Soundtrack. This is really a huge step for us, so Im kinda going all out. He knows that, and actually looks forward to it. So anymore ideas would be helpful too.

And for my contribution to this thread. (Sorry if I repeat, I dont have two years to sit and read though the whole thing right now.) For christmas, I stenciled undies FOR ME, with his name on them. He pretty much went balistic. And for Valentines Day, I put a bunch of "random" stuff in a box, with a list explaining why everything wasnt so random. Ie: I got you a rubberband, to remind us to be flexable. Or, I got you a sugar packet, because you are so sweet. At first, he seemed kinda embarassed, because he had a wrestling meet on Valentines Day, and you know how boys have to be all macho. Especially those wrestlers. But he later told me how much he liked it, and how thoughtful it was. And he showed his mom, and she liked it so much that she's incorperating some of it into her wedding reception in July!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
dancedupapillon
« Reply #902 on: March 24, 2009 09:55:18 PM »

I LOVE the stenciled undies idea!  Great for the girl who does her own laundry while her love does not.  I did something like that once, only with a lego block (because he  says we fit like legos)

Happy six-month-aversary!  Milestones are always fun to celebrate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
leafy_lane
National Society of Sarcasm - Like We Need Your Support!

Genesis 2v24... One Day :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #903 on: March 25, 2009 02:59:20 AM »

I've noticed that a lot of Craftsters on here are, like myself, in long distance relationships, so I thought I'd post this website to hopefully give people some ideas and stuff. It's http://www.lovingfromadistance.com/index.html There's advice, activities you can do with your SO while you're apart and, most importantly for us here, gift ideas! Hope that helps someone Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Father, I need you
Your strength my heart to mend,
I want to fly higher every new day again.
              --- 'Every New Day' by Five Iron Frenzy

Do you have a good reason for not checking out my blog? Didn't think so... http://atinythought.typepad.com/
your.bestnightmare
« Reply #904 on: March 29, 2009 11:37:02 PM »

I LOVE the stenciled undies idea!  Great for the girl who does her own laundry while her love does not.  I did something like that once, only with a lego block (because he  says we fit like legos)

Happy six-month-aversary!  Milestones are always fun to celebrate!

Hehe.Thanks.

Oh yeah, we recently started a relationship journal. Which was actually HIS idea. :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
Pinkguin
« Reply #905 on: April 12, 2009 02:00:14 AM »

After breaking up with my bf of nearly 3 years, I realize that even though circumstances changed, I really treasured him more than a friend. I know it's not an extravagant gift for the break-up/getting back together or im-sorry-gift, however, i thought of some things that may not be too much for a old/new relationship.

So after agreeing on getting back together, I wrote a letter to him; it was like one of those cheesy penpal columns in magazines back in the day. So in this letter, I introduced myself, likes/dislikes, hobbies, favourites, etc. (it didn't matter if he already knew it or not, the point was to start anew! Wink) I think it helps the cheesy-ness factor by a fake penpal column in a 'zine you created. I think it'll help if the zine's in line with the dude's interest.

I'll be giving this to him in a couple of minutes when i get to his place, i hope he likes it. *fingers crossed*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hand it over to you on a plate

http://www.wists.com/Pinkguin
CG_soldier54

I'll be nala if you be my simba. <3

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: April 14, 2009 11:53:57 AM »

So I read through all 91 pages and I still need help.  Undecided
It's me and the boy's one year next week and I cant get a handle on enough things to make.

A little about us..
I'm a freshman in college and he already graduated.
He's a teacher and loves frogs.
He's super old fashioned [pulls out my chair, opens doors, takes my coat off,etc]
He's always warm and i'm always cold so we're a good match there Smiley
He loves animals, sports {mostly football and baseball, he played both all through school} and the twilight zone.
He lovesss horror movies.

In the past i've made him--
A fleece blanket
Scrapbooks
40 reasons why i love you book
duct tape roses
and other stuff.. i'm having a blank right now.

So for the big gift i'm getting us tickets to a red sox game. I bought him some candles and a twilight zone shirt too but I want to make a few things and I'm not coming up with enough ideas.

-I'm going to make the I love you book with the pictures (holding up each letter) but i'm clueless as to what else to make

any help is great:)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pinkguin
« Reply #907 on: April 15, 2009 02:32:42 AM »

So for the big gift i'm getting us tickets to a red sox game. I bought him some candles and a twilight zone shirt too but I want to make a few things and I'm not coming up with enough ideas.

Oh wow, the sox game! That's gonna be fun!! how bout something like "you're my perfect catch" or some cheesy/cutesy line to go with the tickets?

If the game's in Fenway, maybe have a dinner at the baseball traven near cvs? Its a really cool place with a replica of the green monster and all! There are some other good places to eat a block parallel to the shaws supermarket (italian, thai cuisine). I also love ice cream from cold stone creamery at landmark centre (near best buy).

Hope it helps!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009 02:33:44 AM by Pinkguin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hand it over to you on a plate

http://www.wists.com/Pinkguin
CG_soldier54

I'll be nala if you be my simba. <3

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: April 15, 2009 05:27:20 PM »

The perfect cant line is actually a good line! I was planning on doing a puzzle he has to put together to learn about the tickets Cheesy so maybe something like "your my perfect catch so i'm gonna take you to the sox!" Yeah the games at fenway:) I think i'll check out that restaurant too. Thanks! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thebakersgirl
« Reply #909 on: May 25, 2009 02:47:59 PM »

No one has posted in here for awhile! That's crazy, cos this thread is like a gold mine. Tongue
I just wanted to put my two cents in:
For Valentine's Day, I made my boy on of those ever-popular 52 reasons I like you card books. We'd only been officially dating for 2 weeks at the time, but we'd been best friends before that, and he totally loved it. Said it was the best gift he'd ever gotten. I kept the mushiness to a minimum by including lots of funny ones, and I think that kept it from being overwhelming. Smiley
Because his birthday was two weeks after that, I went the store-bought route and got him a Watchmen (which we both love and was later our first movie date) tee shirt. Get this, though, the shirt shrunk, so he can't wear it anymore, but I'm going to have him give it back to me so I can sew it into a pillow. Smiley
We don't do gifts for every month, but I'm trying to come up with something for him for our 6 month in July...haven't had any ideas yet. Oh well, I have awhile. xD
Today, however, I was feeling crafty and figured I might as well make something for him. Hehe. Our 4 month is on Friday, but I can't wait that long (I'm bad at keeping secrets) so I'm just going to give him some stuff tomorrow as Happy Tuesday present. Smiley I'm sewing a plush mouse (he calls me a mouse) and I made him a Nine Inch Nails logo key chain. He worships NIN and he has lots of keychains on his lanyard already. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh sweet Jesus! A boob! She's making a BOOB!" -InkFaery
The Hunger Games Swap: crafting!
http://emilymayhem.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Crown Braid Tutorial
How to Braid Your Hair for Christmas
Model Soo Joo Park on Her Blonde Hair
Top 3 Ways to Style a Shoulder Length Bob
How to Control Frizz and Static for Fine Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...