A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 315,705
Currently Running With Scissors:
257 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE GENERIC BOYFRIEND GIFT THREAD: A How-To!  (Read 284474 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dancedupapillon
« Reply #870 on: December 16, 2008 07:37:51 AM »

I got some portraits taken of me Sunday, so I my sweety is getting a framed picture along with his other gifts this Christmas.  I just need to chose which one and frame it, somehow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
kickinglemons
« Reply #871 on: December 16, 2008 06:18:25 PM »

Any ideas involving skiing? my bf is becoming a ski patroler tomorrow, and i'm trying to think of christmas presents.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancedupapillon
« Reply #872 on: December 16, 2008 07:35:06 PM »

Any ideas involving skiing? my bf is becoming a ski patroler tomorrow, and i'm trying to think of christmas presents.

My friend's a ski instructor, and a nice warm toque that fits under her helmet is always a hit with her.  You could also look into glove liners (if you knit, in something soft and light, like an alpaca sock yarn) neck warmers, a ski bag (a HUGE project, I know), warm handknit socks...  Someone on the bath and beauty board had posted some balm that she made to protect skin from the wind.  My friend buys something like that and swears by it.

As a patroller, does he need to carry first aid supplies with him?  Maybe you could make him some sort of a backpack to hold his stuff.  You could fill it with "keep warm" items like those self-heating glove warmers and hot chocolate mix.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
kickinglemons
« Reply #873 on: December 17, 2008 02:51:16 PM »

My friend's a ski instructor, and a nice warm toque that fits under her helmet is always a hit with her.  You could also look into glove liners (if you knit, in something soft and light, like an alpaca sock yarn) neck warmers, a ski bag (a HUGE project, I know), warm handknit socks...  Someone on the bath and beauty board had posted some balm that she made to protect skin from the wind.  My friend buys something like that and swears by it.

As a patroller, does he need to carry first aid supplies with him?  Maybe you could make him some sort of a backpack to hold his stuff.  You could fill it with "keep warm" items like those self-heating glove warmers and hot chocolate mix.

Thanks so much! I don't think he's so into knitted things. But those are great ideas. Maybe I'll get him something warm. Yeah, he does have to carry supplies with him, but he just bought this big fancy vest to hold it all. What is a toque?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
realturtlesoup
« Reply #874 on: December 17, 2008 09:04:56 PM »

Toque is Canadian for winter hat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kickingNscreaming
« Reply #875 on: December 20, 2008 09:20:58 PM »

This is officially my favorite web page.  I've spent the last week going through all 88 pages!  Whew!  Made this account just to tell you all how amazing you are! =)

For Christmas for the boy, I'm doing stenciled pillow cases (His are absolutely gross looking... I hate sleeping on them) as well as new pillows to go along with them.... I made a calendar (Although I think I may do a complete revamp and use the coupon-a-month idea.. that's a great one!)... And I had already bought him some glasses for the apt... and I think (Along with a bunch of others so it seems!) I'm going to etch them.  Not sure with what yet.  I also always get him something food-ish... usually something way over done... got him 20lbs of his fav candy for V-Day last year lol.

A few things that have gone over well in the past:
> The candy thing.  (Or popcorn, or coffee, or whatever)
> I made him a journal of the 366 reasons I love him for our yeariversary (It was a leap year! lol)
> And a treasure hunt for all his gifts, which ended with his room decorated to the max, floor included, with all sorts of endearments written in different languages on foam hearts all over the floor. (I think he ended up counting something like 432 or something crazy like that.)
> Oh, and a horribly failed attempt to make him dinner.  (I couldn't cook to save my life! lol)

Oh, and for an added bonus, my bf is not crafty at all, but for my b-day last year, he made me a picture frame out of wood, and burned some of my favorite things into it, and it has hidden compartments behind the pictures, where he had a beautiful necklace hidden (Which he basically had to tell me, because I'm totally oblivious, and not the sharpest tool in the shed. lol)

SOrry that ended up as an essay... it was a long day, and I needed to unwind I guess. Hehe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dancedupapillon
« Reply #876 on: December 21, 2008 08:51:32 AM »

So a spin on the edible crafts: Candied citrus peel.  My boyfriend is a huge fan of candied orange peel, so I made some and added lemon and grapefruit to the party.  There are instructions on the Martha Stewart website if anyone's interested.  It's really really easy to make.

I got some portraits taken of me last week, so he's also getting one of those in a frame, and 7 others (the rest of his favorites) in a spindle box I found at the Bay, which I am re-decorating so he can keep my letters in it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jamais sans mes ciseaux.
leannasaurusrex
« Reply #877 on: December 21, 2008 05:41:33 PM »

wow, this thread is amazing! so far i've read 38 of 88 pages... haha. Cheesy

well, i have a very interesting situation this christmas. my guy and i aren't official yet, but we both know that we like each other. and we've been "exclusive" for a few weeks, so i haven't really had time to make anything for him. i was actually planning on buying something so i don't "scare him off", but we have recently been SNOWED IN. nobody's supposed to drive anywhere without chains, and we don't have any chains. luckily he lives close and he's willing to walk twenty minutes in the freezing cold snowy weather to come over (i know!). the snow's supposed to last long after christmas... therefore i definitely can't go to the store. it all worked out, though, he's a really artistic guy himself and he said that something handmade as a present would be "way cooler"! anyway... rambling... Smiley this is what i've decided to make for him so far:

- a "box of mustaches" mentioned somewhere at the beginning of this thread... he's told me many times that he's always wanted a super cool mustache, but he can't grow a nice one, and i hate facial hair anyway. so i'm going to make him a set of tape-on mustaches out of black construction paper, inspiration for the styles from this amazing threadless shirt design: http://www.threadless.com/submission/76567/Facial_Hair_Club_For_Men.

- i have a few boxes of cool shirts i've picked up at thrift stores, i might pick out a few that he'd like. that's not really crafting, but, hey, it's close. Smiley

and sadly, that's all i've come up with. i really want to make him an etch-a-sketch keychain picture frame (http://photojojo.com/content/diy/etch-a-sketch-picture-frame/) but i don't have an etch-a-sketch keychain lying around...

i really need some ideas for presents i can make with stuff i already have! my craft is clothing construction and reconstruction, so i've got tons of fabric, cool clothes, and a sewing machine. we've got all the normal "school supplies" crafting things like glue and crayons, but nothing super special.

my guy is into photography, drawing, and painting. when he was little he wanted to be a comic book cartoonist, i don't know if he still does that though. we're into the exact same music (indie stuff like tilly and the wall, rilo kiley, and the weepies, along with anything from the 80's), and he's got way more music than i do, so a cd would be useless in that he'd already have the music i put on there. he write songs. he has really good lyrics and he can sing like a god, he can't play an instrument yet, but he's learning piano. he loves 24, csi, and the office. he loves everything 80's, cassette tapes, the thriller dance (which i taught him, haha), and all the clothes.

sorry for how lengthy this has become. Cheesy and thank you for the help! great ideas everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
your.bestnightmare
« Reply #878 on: December 22, 2008 07:40:07 PM »

Ah! Christmas is four days! Where did December go??? I havnt even gotten an idea for Christmas yet. Quick but thoughtful ideas anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a new found love for inchies.
Let's swap 'em (: Private swaps too!
pennydreadfull

Craft or Die \m/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #879 on: December 23, 2008 01:17:08 PM »

I thought I'd just give some ideas to maybe help some people out.  My boyfriend and I have only been together 2 months and we've only known each other for 3 so...luckily he always comes to my apartment and is fully aware of my craftyness.  I started sewing a shirt for myself right after halloween and when he saw it he said "When are you gonna make me shirt?"  I of course lodged this little comment in the back of my head!!
So for Christmas Ive stenciled him 3 shirts (freezer paper method), one is black with a solid white grenade on the side of it, the second is black with a zombie head up toward the left shoulder and the third is red with a black set of brass knuckles on the upper left shoulder and down the left side in cursive it says "Bitches Get Stitches".
I also cross-stitched a little magnet for his toolbox at work that says "Skreh".  This isn't a real word, it's a word I made up a long time ago that he has completely taken over...basically you just say it when people are talking and you dont want to hear them anymore...kind of another way of telling them to shut up.  I also got him a CD holder for the visor in his car because he just has his cds all strewn about, its out of hand!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters - Francisco Goya

Always willing to do personal swaps!
http://pinterest.com/jamietoohey/
Instagram - jamietoohey
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
High Street Edit: How To Wear White Jeans (Day And Night)
#AdamSays: Colorful Ideas for Women Who Always Wear Black
Fashion Fix: Distressed Jeans
Get the Look: Utility Vest
Fashion Fix: Embellished Collar
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Bean Burgers
@Home This Weekend: Vermicomposting
It's a bad week to be a seal...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...