A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,474
Currently Running With Scissors:
322 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE GENERIC BOYFRIEND GIFT THREAD: A How-To!  (Read 252802 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #780 on: March 20, 2008 08:16:32 AM »

Hmm, I was also thinking of those LED shirts like the one made in the first issue of CRAFT. If he doesn't like shirts like that, you could always make a large bracelet (I can't think of the masculine word for it). Has he read any Neal Stephenson? I think that's a close to cyberpunk as I know, Snow Crash and The Diamond Age are damn good. You could always print him a shirt with something from that or actually make a paperlike Primer from Diamond Age (I've always wanted to do that). It reminds me of that book Penny had in Inspector Gadget a little. Damn, I always wanted one of those. You could make a journal and set some LED's up in it, maybe attach/decoupage mother and daughterboard pieces to it (non-fuctional of course). Hmm, these sounds like an awesome challenge.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
bbyrseprincess
« Reply #781 on: March 24, 2008 06:42:12 AM »

so i made my boy this present. i wasn't planning on giving it to him for easter but i did cause i finished it in time. he LOVES guitar hero 3 for xbox 360 so i decided to make him this fabulous pillow. its the guitar controller. he absolutely loved it!! he said he's gonna hang it on his wall so everyone can look at it. i don; think he gets that its a pillow. silly boy

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/bbyrseprincess/march08106.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/bbyrseprincess/march08107.jpg
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f59/bbyrseprincess/march08109.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with a person, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."

"The last night you'll spend alone,
I'll wrap you in my arms and I won't let go,I'm everything you need me to be"
miffy
« Reply #782 on: March 25, 2008 12:23:53 AM »

I neeeeeeed gift ideas!

I've been with the boy for three months (will be four) and his birthday is in mid April. We haven't been together too too long but we're REALLY close. Back story/information:

We met first semester of freshman year at college in a writing class. We're both sophomore engineering majors, he's mechanical and I'm chemical. This is a really hard year academically for both of us. On top of that, I transferred to a different school this past fall (before we started dating, go figure) but I am transferring back next semester. In the mean time, we're four hours apart. Either way, he was a good friend all last year and then I went through a really bad break up with my ex and the new boy really helped me through it and was my best friend through it all.

He'll be turning twenty on April 17th.
He likes anime but I'm not sure what shows and movies he has/watches/likes/whatever.
He's very very smart and loves math.
He's sort of a minimalist... he doesn't like clutter or unnecessary things, but he has trinkets around his room that have significance to him.
He's very weird, very random, and we have a TON of fun together.
He's a photographer.
He loooooves cats, especially mine, but is VERY allergic to them.

Basically: I want something cheap, but nice. I do have a ton of crafty supplies around though, and I get a pretty good discount at work. I'd like to buy him something as well as make him something. I can knit, sew, bake, and do all kinds of other really random crafty things. I also would like at least a little part of it to be something to get him through the final stretch of school since we won't be seeing each other really between his birthday and finals week (almost a full month). I was thinking maybe make a doll of me so he could have that to cuddle with instead of pretending I'm his pillow  Cheesy I don't want to do a pillowcase for him, though, cause for some reason he is picky about his sheets AND I don't want to freak out his mom (he commutes to school so he lives at home for now), who thinks we're a little too serious too soon. We're veryy mushy but haven't really done much in regards of gift exchange. I have bought him a few DVDs and given him cute little notes and things like that. He did give me one gift, for valentine's day, which was a valentines card written on a lunch tray (don't ask, long story, but it was VERY cute and sentimental) and two tshirts that I really love and wear all the time.

Help?? And sorry for the essay. I'm wordy, I know.

Thanks guys!! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missriss

it smells like crafts in here...

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 25, 2008 02:50:23 PM »

since he's a photographer, can you make him a photo album to put all his pictures in?  and you mentioned you wanted to buy him something too, if he uses film could you find out what kind he uses and buy him a few rolls?  my dad always talks about how he measured the value of other things in terms of how many rolls of film he could buy.. so i guess they can get kind of expensive.  oooh, or you could make him a camera case.  i only have these photo ideas because my roommate is a photo major.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dolphingirl
« Reply #784 on: March 26, 2008 04:48:34 AM »

not crafty:
-tickets for a photography exhibition to go and see together as a "reward" after the finals
-pro account to Flickr (I know I'd love that!)

crafty:
- a messenger bag with an outside pocket made of transparent vinyl where he could place any picture he likes and change it whenever he likes (don't know if you got the idea..)
- a film-like stripe of little pictures of you two together

other ideas:
-send him a little gift each week in the period you won't be seeing each other
-ask someone you know and who lives near him to deliver little notes written by you every now and then in the period you two have to be apart
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

« Reply #785 on: March 28, 2008 01:27:07 PM »

so i made my boy this present. i wasn't planning on giving it to him for easter but i did cause i finished it in time. he LOVES guitar hero 3 for xbox 360 so i decided to make him this fabulous pillow. its the guitar controller. he absolutely loved it!! he

Freakin' awesome! That's wonderful! Ahhhh I need to learn how to use my machine. It just sits there mocking me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
IntendedChaos

Wife, crafter, artist, dreamer, and friend.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #786 on: March 29, 2008 11:52:46 AM »

So, i need ideas for my boyfriend's graduation....

i was thinking about making some sort of survival kit like "how to survive freshman year without me" (does that sound arrogant?). Because i'm a junior in high school, and he's graduating in may, we'll be apart for a lot of next year, which i'm very sad about. But i'm planning on going to a college very close to his at the very least. 

So, some info about him:
-he's going to school for physical therapy at a really good, very expensive school
-he'll be an hour away from me, but hopefully home on weekends
-we're really mushy together, and he's very sweet, and i'm sure he'll love anything i make him
-he' quite a gamer, and he's really into halo and guitar hero

Some of my ideas:
-a collage in a hollowed-out book ("the story of us"? too cheesy?)
-a t-shirt quilt (which he already knows about)
-a pocket organizer for his scrubs pocket
-'i need cookies' postcards (handmade postcards that are pre-stamped and addressed that they'd send to you when they need cookies sent back)

and thats all.... i really want to go with the whole "survival kit to survive freshman year without me" thing, but im not sure how all this stuff will all tie in....
help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife, poor artist/art student, crafter, DIY'er, amateur home decorator/ fashion stylist, dreamer, and friend. In no particular order Wink
http://doseofdarling.blogspot.com
artist.nerd.musiclover
wanna-be graphic designer

"Peace, love, and math!" ~David Krumholtz

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 01, 2008 01:47:56 PM »

IntendedChaos,

I know how you feel.  My boyfriend and I are both seniors in high school and going to different colleges.  I need some ideas for his present.

Here's some info about my love, Tanner.   Grin
~He's a geek, like me (only he gets a 4.77 GPA and I'm usually around 3.8 ...)
~He got a perfect on the ACT (yeah, you read that right, I promise)
~He loves origami
~We've been going out since 8th grade
~We went to homecoming together this year, where we kissed for the first time  Grin
~We're going to prom together

I think that's it... any ideas?!  I might make something in art class, but I don't know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tangledxinxtwine
« Reply #788 on: April 04, 2008 01:47:01 PM »

Ok, it's a long story that I will shorten as much as possible....

So, I think he's totally amazing, he can be quoted saying he would go out with me in a second, I wear his jacket on a regular basis, everyone asks if we are going out....
but we aren't.
If the situation was different we probably would be, but I'm pretty much just too broken for it at this point....

but annnnyways, his birthday is coming up and he's a weirdo. lol
I mean, SOOOOO weird.
one day his Tee shirt has Pee Wee Herman on it and the next it's The Ramones.
and he wears ripped up skinny jeans,
and /refuses/ to brush his hair so it sticks up and looks like he teased it. o.0 (only time I've ever seen it brushed was when I brushed it so I could cut his hair. lol)
and wears converse.
and just generally acts emo-ish in that he doesn't talk much, plays guitar, is failing every class, and loves music.....

So, I have a birthday present to get/make and then in June, an end of school year present (I give everybody in my group something for that....) and have no freaking clue.....
He's just.... So odd, I'm lost!

And I have no ideas I could recycle from my ex because my ex was even weirder then this guy.....

Intrests: Music, His guitar, Skateboarding, he's kinda a weird mix of Indie/Punk/ and Emo..... He wears thrift store crap, is really quiet, doesn't care much about anything if it isn't fun or about music. We are both trouble makers and pass each other in the office alot,  Roll Eyes  He /hates/ school, is failing everything, but has this underlying dream of going to collage to study music.
Note:He knows I'm phyco when it comes to sewing/painting/crafting so he wouldn't freak out if I did something biggish because going overboard is a trademark of mine.  Roll Eyes

and I don't have to worry about making things overly "manly" because he honestly doesn't care....

but I can't do anything, like, romantic because we aren't going out and I don't want to lead him on as I don't want a relationship.......  Undecided

Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

« Reply #789 on: April 04, 2008 02:30:54 PM »

Etch glasses for everyone in your group!  You can personalize them easily with stickers and it's impressive without being romantic!  There's a tutorial somewhere on here....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Young Homer Simpson - 58th Drawing
How to Draw Moe Szyslak - 23rd Drawing
The Special 1000 Subscribers Video - 52nd Drawing
How to Draw Spider-Pig - 27th Drawing
The special 50th drawing video!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...