A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 296,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE GENERIC BOYFRIEND GIFT THREAD: A How-To!  (Read 244024 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

qt37
« Reply #240 on: July 05, 2006 11:59:54 AM »

if you know that there was somethign he was dying to try do/make it. Like say he reallly likes spicy food make him some special salsa that he can put on everything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rawlove
« Reply #241 on: July 05, 2006 06:50:11 PM »

awesome thread. i've used quite the number of ideas from here already!  Grin

...craftsters, I need a few suggestions!

it's my boyfriends birthday coming up (we've been going out for a year and a half), and I want to get him a custom made embroidered shirt. I have a couple of ideas of what to have on it ..but they all seem really cheesy and not something he'd wear.

so, any ideas on things that could be said on the shirt? sweet but not cheesy. maybe a bit of lovey dovey comedy? i really don't know. help!

thanks in advance!

{edit} since my love is so obsessed with the food network, soooo... i'm going to get an apron embroidered with his name on it!! cute, but useful!! Smiley a co-worker gave me that idea..genius!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006 03:24:51 PM by rawlove » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pikaboo26
#LOFNOTC

We're all gonna die. Be good to each other.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: July 05, 2006 10:29:47 PM »

Well, you could always go with the old bit: "I've been with my girlfriend for a year and a half and all I got was this lousy t-shirt." But then again, that may be a bit too irrevrent. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but I'm in a bit of a pickle myself.
I've been with my bf for 4 months (this Wed.) and he's leaving for Maui to see his dad for six weeks. I'd like to give him something to send him off. I still have a couple of weeks to come up with something before he leaves, but I'm a little leery about the whole thing. I want to give him something sweet, but I don't want him to think I've been toiling over it for weeks (that might royally creep him out). Do you think a beachy minishrine might work? I have this little seahorse charm he found & gave to me that might be a nice addition if I did that. Otherwise I'm completely stumped.
As for past presents, for his birthday (since I was flat broke and grasping at straws) I cooked him a spaghetti dinner. We were so *ahem* preoccupied  Wink in the next room while the sauce was cooking that it boiled over and splashed tomato sauce everywhere!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2006 10:39:20 PM by pikaboo26 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where's North from here?
___________________ _____

"As far as I'm concerned, reality can go take a flying f*ck at a rolling doughnut." -Stephen King
emy
extra curricular activity queen

don't eat my cactus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: July 06, 2006 10:57:14 AM »

I've been with my bf for 4 months (this Wed.) and he's leaving for Maui to see his dad for six weeks. I'd like to give him something to send him off. I still have a couple of weeks to come up with something before he leaves, but I'm a little leery about the whole thing. I want to give him something sweet, but I don't want him to think I've been toiling over it for weeks (that might royally creep him out). Do you think a beachy minishrine might work? I have this little seahorse charm he found & gave to me that might be a nice addition if I did that. Otherwise I'm completely stumped.
As for past presents, for his birthday (since I was flat broke and grasping at straws) I cooked him a spaghetti dinner. We were so *ahem* preoccupied  Wink in the next room while the sauce was cooking that it boiled over and splashed tomato sauce everywhere!

haha Cheesy obviously there were 'saucier' things on offer than the tomato sauce Wink

i think the beachy minishrine just might work yes Cheesy something he can take with him, put in his pocket.. an other idea maybe, would he wear a simple string bracelet or choker/necklace with the seahorse charm on? maybe you could make a card with the charm necklace/bracelet/something on it and maybe a pic of the two of you on the inside and a little written note he can take with him? sorry i'm not much help!

it's my boy's birthday in a few weeks, and our 'official' 1 year the week before.. He is forever losing his plectrums, they keep falling out of his pocket and he's too stubborn to keep them in his wallet. So i thought, what about a cuff or something with a little pocket he can put them in, so they're at hand easily? Any other ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'm not lazy, i'm energy efficient
Shallelerilla
The world is pretty f*cked up, shouldn't I be too?

Michael Franti is a sexy beast.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2006 05:33:40 AM »

it's my boy's birthday in a few weeks, and our 'official' 1 year the week before.. He is forever losing his plectrums, they keep falling out of his pocket and he's too stubborn to keep them in his wallet. So i thought, what about a cuff or something with a little pocket he can put them in, so they're at hand easily? Any other ideas?

I made my boy a little baggie out of scraps from an old shirt to put stuff in, I even added little draw strings so he can tie to his belt because I got sick of hearing about how his stuff kept getting broken in his pockets. And, if you've got the skills, knitting one is even better. I won my hunny over with a little knitted baggie made from hemp. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I have never seen two people on pot get in a fight because it is fucking IMPOSSIBLE. "Hey, buddy!" "Hey, what?" "Ummmmmmm...." End of argument." --Bill Hicks

I draw things!! http://Http://kakumeika.deviantart.com
zazu20
« Reply #245 on: July 09, 2006 03:39:09 AM »

this is silly i know, but for his b-day i made my boyfriend a little book (10 pages approx, with coloured cardboard pages) with a birthday story of spongebob squarepants---we both love that cartoon; i made the story with him being spongebob, his friends patrick, gary etc...i mixed images from the cartoon with real photos of him and our friends, their favourite pub etc.. the point was that he had huge expectations on his b-day present, but i had ordered someting on the internet that didn't arrive untill 2 days later(a de-luxe edition dvd of his fave movie, donnie darko)!!so i figured i'd just give  him a card with clues to another present to come..and the card became a booklet...he was so cracking up with laughter (in a good way) that he didn't even consider there could be another gift apart from the card. it was really funny, plus he liked the craftiness of it (i painted, made collage, etc..) and the fact i'd spent time for him. i guess this is very specific for my bf (who the hell watches spongebob squarepants at 22 years of age??) but the idea is to make a funny story book with inside jokes and things that you have in common as a nice card for b-day or christmas...if he has a good sense of humour (and you have 1 too) he'll like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iloveyourtoes
different

to be irreplacable...one must always be unique

View Profile WWW
« Reply #246 on: July 12, 2006 03:56:38 PM »

As a joke for an anniversary gift, I attached the word JUICY in teal felt to the bottom of a pair of boxers and gave them to him.  He thought it was pretty funny.  They actually came out looking really cool but I forgot to take a picture before I gave them away!  It was definitely fun to make.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am of old and young, of the foolish as much as the wise;
Regardless of others, ever regardful of others.
Maternal as well as paternal, a child as well as a man,
Stuff'd with the stuff that is coarse, and stuff'd
with the stuff that is fine."
Walt Whitman
caffeine_fiend
« Reply #247 on: July 12, 2006 11:54:58 PM »

Hey I need a little help with my boy. At the end of July it is his 20th birthday, (which we are going camping for if that helps any), But it is also our 13th month anniversary too. So I need something special because we didn't exchange gifts on our one year, and he does a lot for everyone but gets nothing in return.
 I  kind of wanted to include something with the movie Brother Bear (came out a few years ago) it was our "first" date. (inside joke).
He's a cowboy, loves drawing, loves working out, and working on cars, hes an automechanic and a maintainence worker.
thank you thank you thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #248 on: July 13, 2006 07:07:28 AM »

My boys turning 20 this month too, caffeine_fiend!   What about the Brother Bear soundtrack? Or a copy of it- i can send you the songs if you like.  Or you could put some songs from the movie on a cd with some other songs that he'd like or that mean something to you two.

If he loves to draw, you can make him a journal. This tutorial here is really good, but youd probably want to adapt it to have bigger pages for drawing on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
laraebay
« Reply #249 on: July 13, 2006 12:18:29 PM »

Smiley
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009 02:49:40 AM by laraebay » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Red Slime
How to Make Pink Slime
How to Make Slime
How to Make Red Playdough
How to Make Blue Plasticine
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...