A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,074
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE GENERIC BOYFRIEND GIFT THREAD: A How-To!  (Read 247503 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kiki.bee23
« Reply #880 on: December 24, 2008 11:30:36 AM »

if you are giving a small gift, put it in layers, bigger box, bigger box, bigger box, and then it gets really fun!

I did this for my boyfriend this year. My mom had these boxes form when she worked at home and gave me a few so I out what I got him for Christmas (an ethced jar, nothing jar, cool lookin bracelet, and a shirt) in each box, then I stuck it in a smaller box and duct taped the thing to death. wrapped the box, stuck it in another one, duct taped it past the after life, attacke dit with green (my fave color ) wrapping paper, stuck a homemade bow on it w/ a fabric rose, cut his name out in red wrapping paper, tapen it on the duct taped a huge lollipop on it...oh and I made him some cookies  Grin
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp110/Jackie_Lynns_Pictures/102_1383.jpg
http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp110/Jackie_Lynns_Pictures/102_1391.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rawlove
« Reply #881 on: January 01, 2009 09:25:18 PM »

Hey guys!

so I have just become official with my BEST FRIEND ...whom i've known for 7 years! Crazy stuff-- but it has inspired me to craft like mad!! especially since we are going to be long distance because he goes to college in a different city.  Sad but ...i think on the bright side, which means I can craft to my hearts extent and send him care packages and the like!  Cheesy

so, the presents i've put together are a going away/long distance thing/new love/holidays gift!! lol

love letter in a fancy-looking bottle (dollar store buy!) it was difficult to put it inside ...since the opening is SUPER narrow...so I attacked ribbon to it, so he could pull at it and get it out easily that way.

felt monster! inspired by a fellow craftsters' tutorial. i'm going to spray my perfume on this little guy...so he has my sweet smell Tongue

felt apple pie!! my guy is an amazing cook/baker ...and during the winter holidays we baked 3 apple pies together and had such a blast!! so i thought i'd make one we wouldn't be tempted to eat Tongue

I also made a felt cuddly frame...there's a super cute & easy tutorial here on craftster...i seem to be having a felt theme Tongue
No picture of that cause I didn't finish it because i have no glue gun glue!! i hate running out of supplies!! grrrr

On top of those things, I am enclosing empty envelopes & stamps so he is prepared to send me letters.

I also want to include candies & chocolates.

Do you guys have any other cute ideas for my care package for the long distance deal??
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shescrafty627
« Reply #882 on: January 01, 2009 09:42:08 PM »

My boyfriend goes through a ridiculous amount of chapstick, so I made him this awesome Napoleon Dynamite Chapstick Holder out of an altoid tin:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=227445.msg2466440#msg2466440

« Last Edit: January 01, 2009 09:44:12 PM by shescrafty627 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PeachesEveryday
Just a little peach

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 01, 2009 09:44:23 PM »

A couple ideas I have...from back in the day when I lived in Cali and the bf lived in Washington....

-Decorate the outside of the boxes. Doodle with sharpie....it's fun and memorable. When my boy was in college I sent him a box for his birthday that said "Happy Birthday" all over it....and everyone he passed between the mail room and his door wished him a Happy Birthday.

-One time when the boy was sick, I sent him a get well package. I included an inexpensive fleece blanket, vitamin c, chicken noodle soup packages....that sort of stuff.

If I think of anything else I'll add it later....your story sounds similar to ours...we were friends for about eight years and then dated long distance for about two...now we both live in the same place. Sometimes I miss how excited we were to see each other, but there is definately something to be said for being together day in day out...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. Delicious Ambiguity. - Gilda Radner
brenna
« Reply #884 on: January 13, 2009 07:05:26 PM »

I need help! My boyfriend's birthday is in two weeks and with college applications and everything, I haven't had a chance to think about it.

I really want to make him something sweet, but I may not have that much time.
I made him a blanket for Christmas, so probably nothing like that. (Although we are going off to college soon, so things like that are useful Smiley)

We're both major Suess-ians so I thought about making a journal with the cover from "Oh, The Places You'll Go!" and filling the first few pages with pictures of him as a baby, through elementary school, etc.

But I also want to do something that ties in to his music... He plays every instrument imaginable and is really talented. He loves guitar and Neil Young and I can't think of anything that would be easy to make and still sweet.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live on purpose.
pikaboo26
#LOFNOTC

We're all gonna die. Be good to each other.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #885 on: January 13, 2009 08:45:06 PM »

Well, as far as Neil Young goes, I think the easiest thing from him to tie into a romantic gift would be some type of "Heart of Gold" reference.

You could also decorate a sheet set to go with the blanket you made him, especially if he'll need a new set when you guys leave for school. I made a set of pillow cases for my boy with song lyrics from his favorite band painted on them. You could try that or, if he really likes Suess that much, you could go all out and print quotes and pictures from the books on them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where's North from here?

"As far as I'm concerned, reality can go take a flying f*ck at a rolling doughnut." -Stephen King
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #886 on: January 17, 2009 09:41:10 AM »

I recently got back together with my boyfriend of a year and half. We were on the same karaoke team and such. Recently, he's become a much bigger fan of Led Zepplin and Queen (also because of the songs he sings). Any Led Zeppy ideas out there?

P.S. rawlove, love that felt monster and pie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
LunarPowered

Crafty, Culture-Conscious, Creature-loving Cowgirl

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 26, 2009 08:48:46 AM »

I thought it would be impossible to craft for my new beau but all this has inspired me. I'm going to get a silk wildrag (scarf) for when we ride in the cold and try to put a little subtle heart on one corner, just for that personal touch!

I have some pictures of us working, riding etc too. Any manly ideas on how to turn those into something nifty for him to hang on his walls? Something a little more than just a photo in a frame...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Loves: Grandmother Moon, Pretty, Dragons, Water, Weather, Plants, My Handsome Cat, Life, and Sugar Skulls....ok and Star Trek TNG Smiley~
sugarmaisy
« Reply #888 on: January 26, 2009 11:28:05 AM »

My hubs loves jigsaw puzzles, and sometimes if he gets absorbed in a puzzle I feel a wee bit neglected. last Christmas I came up with something to solve the problem. A friend had done a series of nude paintings of me for a life-drawing class, so I had one of them made into a 500 piece puzzle - the plan being that when hubs starts to get distracted by his new jigsaw puzzle it will quickly re-divert his attention back to his neglected wife ^_^ It worked - he NEVER manages to finish the puzzle. As soon as he starts to fill out my curves, the puzzle is abandoned and I get the attention that I desire ^_^

result!!

hx
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blungoldangel
« Reply #889 on: January 26, 2009 12:03:35 PM »

My future SIL got something pretty funny as a christmas gift this year and it works for guy or girl.  If they did something stupid recently (in her case run her truck into a tree) and you were lucky enough to get pictures, frame one in those 'live, love, laugh' frames. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Scarlett Johansson’s Full Lip Look
Beyoncé’s Foolproof Makeup Tips That Will Last All Day
How You Should Wear Your Hair For Your Wedding
How to Create A Winged Eyeliner
How To Take A Perfect Selfie
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...