A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,148
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 98
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: THE GENERIC BOYFRIEND GIFT THREAD: A How-To!  (Read 245560 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2005 08:45:32 PM »

boys.  they're all really 5 inside.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
leafy_lane
National Society of Sarcasm - Like We Need Your Support!

Genesis 2v24... One Day :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2005 02:54:56 AM »

On the 13th October me and my boyfriend will have been going out for 1 year and I need (literally) a lil bit of help! So this isn't just a "Help me!" post, I've already draw a picture of us hugging that I copied from a photo he doesn't have but likes and then wrote 1 Corinthians 13 around it (we're both Christians, so it makes sense). It's the chapter about love and how it will last for eternity like nothing else will and no matter what amazing things you can do, you may as well be useless if you don't love anyone (romantically, platonically or otherwise).

But anyhow, I also want to give him some pictures which are like inside jokes of ours, but I don't know how to present them nicely. For his birthday, I got some photos of our group of friends and stuck them in the front of a hollow book I made so I want to steer clear from that kinda thing. Any ideas?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dear Father, I need you
Your strength my heart to mend,
I want to fly higher every new day again.
              --- 'Every New Day' by Five Iron Frenzy

Do you have a good reason for not checking out my blog? Didn't think so... http://atinythought.typepad.com/
Haylie
Tutorial Contributor

Silly and Crafty!

Proud Army National Guard Wife!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2005 06:57:09 AM »

Hmm..make a poster, maybe? Of course that might end up looking a little school-project-y.  Or if theyre on the computer you can go to zazzle.com (link in my siggy) and upload them and make a poster...that might be a little more expensive then you were looking for tho...You could always just make/buy him a nice card and stick them inside. Hm. If i think of anything else, i'll let you know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster needs you!

I love my husband!
<3 Cullen & Haylie - August 27, 2010 <3
Iz
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2005 06:46:59 PM »

I'd like to add that as many guys are handy/crafty too, an alternative to homemade stuff can be supplies for their own crafts! Over the past years I've discovered that tools are a man's toys, and power tools tend to trump even videogames  Kiss.

My husband's best birthday gifts were: a screwdriver set (who would have known??? he was jumping up like a 5-year old!), a drill and, this week (he's turning 28) I splurged and got him a small tablesaw.

This still puzzles me, but my hubby swears that a man's favorite gift is something than can be used, even if it's to "work" with  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maytina
knitting is hot

just keep knitting!

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2005 07:56:57 AM »

My husband is a tricky one to make stuff for, because he's a computer geek and it's not like I can make him the kind of thing that he'd use on a daily basis. So I'd make him things for his desk like little organizer boxes and such, picture frames for photos of us and our wee one, that kind of thing.

Then I learned to knit, and it opened up a whole new world of possibilities. He swears up and down that men love gifts that took care to create but are useful. The most recent gift that he loved was a pair of blue slippers I made, and I'm now working on a stylin black scarf and hat for this winter. You could take it further and make a big blanket or an afgan or if you can, and you had enough time, you could try your hand at a sweater.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jane Doe
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2005 08:43:05 AM »

Hi all.

Something I made, that I think would go down well with even the most un-crafty boys, is a doona cover. My boy loves his and out of all the items I've given him over the years, crafted and non crafted, I think it was one of his faves.

Sounds girly, but in all seriousness it so isn't.
If you think about it, there's not much out there in the shops for guys in the way of sheets n doonas.

What I made my boy had a black boarder around the edges on both sides about a foot wide. On one side it's bright orange and the other side is deep maroone (his two favourite colors after black).
I gave it to him plain like this, and he loves it.
This week (a year since giving it to him) I'm taking back the doona cover (with permission of the boy) and screen-printing a simple pic of Invader Zim in black to match the boarder.
Haven't decided which side to do it on.
If you're giving this idea a go, (depending how kinky you are  Wink ) you could screen print a pic of yourself onto it.
Then he can snuggle up to you at night!

Crafting a gift for boys (or girls) shouldn't be seen as a restrictive thing! If you're really super-dooper stuck, think of his favourite thing/activity, and either accessorise it, or make it!
Just be sure to remember to make it in a masculine style or color. I think that can be the make or break with crafting for boys

Eg: If your boy is a nerd, made him a black pouch made from cordaroy for his gaming consoles so he can take it round to his mate's places.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

opiate_rose
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2005 11:22:59 AM »

Let's see, for my man, last christmas (though he didn't get it until later) I made him the skully sweater from SNB, and for his birthday, which is right before, he go the gashley crumb tinies by edward gorey.  And for halloween, I'm making him a couple pillows, and the pin up playing cards that can be found on craftster, oh and some really cute boxers I found with vampires on them.  Halloween is like a second christmas to him, it's his favorite day of the year, as it is mine.  So gifts can be anything for guys.  Now I'm trying to think of something for his birthday.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fcukluva
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2005 09:08:01 AM »

I always make my boyfriend little cards for our anniversaires/random days.. I made one before for "Happy 100 Days" which he loved Smiley. Then another one which was even more of a hit was "Happy Thursday!" it's simple, but effective. Cos he said it showed that i'm thinking about him:).. Hehe..  also did that little book thing of "16 Ways I Love You" for our 16 week anniversary (another random anniversary). It's our official 4 month anniversary tomorrow.. And I still haven't made him anything Sad.. Just brought him some socks Sad.. Hehe.. Oh well..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chiamollie
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2005 11:23:20 AM »

This I love... you can do any number of different pictures... even ones of yourself and him.... but I did picasso's hands with bouquet... it turned out really good

http://sirenrising.blogspot.com/2005/01/collage-picture.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chaosbelle
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2005 09:36:10 PM »

These are all great ideas, I'll probably stitch some cheeky comments on boxer shorts to throw in with my boy's christmas present. I don't think he appricicates all my crafty stuff, so a scarf and gloves are out the window (in our 3 years together I've never seen him wear either!), unless I knit him a Tom Baker (Doctor Who)-style one for a laugh. It's ironic that he's a model maker, which is just as creative, but he doesn't 'get' mine - web design or crafty stuff! lol ohwell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 98 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Headband
Smokey Eye Cat Makeup and Hair Tutorial
Learn About Toxic Beauty Ingredients TEA, DEA, MEA
Learn About Toxic Beauty Ingredient DMDM Hydantoin
How to Curl Hair With a Can
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...