A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need Grooming Customer Gift Ideas  (Read 1815 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_gifts , pet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dogz
« on: August 12, 2005 06:16:25 PM »

I'm a mobile dog groomer and need to start thinking of holiday gifts for my customers.  In past years I painted ceramic dog ornaments, too much trouble, especially when you're talking large quantities!  Also I took pictures of the dogs when they were done and made a "Happy Howlidays" card from the pet (with their picture) and me.  Those went over great!

This year I have not been taking pictures Embarrassed.  I want to give something to my regular customers (preferably mailable) and something special to my great customers (hand-delivered).  I've started on cute generic doggie marble magnets but I'm stumped for what else?  The regular customers would number about 75 and great customers about 35.

Thanks for any ideas and I luvvvv this site!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005 10:20:58 PM »

Well, for the hand-delivered gifts, what about an at-home doggie spa set?  Even dogs who get groomed need a bath once in a while.  A little bottle of dog shampoo, a special towel, maybe with a dog applique or embroidery, a new brush and some homemade dog biscuits?

For the mailable gifts, you could do something simple, like a gift certificate or special coupon, though I don't know what else would be good in a mailed package.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
dansk
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005 11:14:30 PM »

For the hand-delivered gift you could put your grooming business logo on a doggie water dish and a coffee mug, then sit the mug inside the dish, fill with doggie treats (homemade?), wrap with cellophane and bow. A matching set that the dogs AND their owners can use with a little shameless self promotion thrown in!

Maybe for the mailable ones you could send sets of bandannas with embroidered (or transfer since you have to make so many) doggie themed messages.

You could send doggie sized fleece blankets with your logo or the dogs name embroidered on them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
insistal
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005 07:25:41 AM »

What about homemade dog treats? There are recipes around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artxinxlies

don't.fall.in.love.with.everyone.you.see

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005 09:53:22 PM »

homemade doggie treats sound like a good idea to me! you could even mail them! A lot of the recipes out there are for large quantities. hmmm also perhaps the shrinki-dink tags mentioned here, hand painted collars, hmm since it's for christmas maybe you could attach a bell or two to a green or red collar and add a piece of ribbon to give a holiday themed collar?

Hmm I'm sure everyone can come up with some more good ideas, I think the bandana collar is a good idea, as the mentioned dog treats, mugs and bowls sound cute but might be expensive to make...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dogz
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2005 07:55:51 AM »

Thanks for the great ideas, the rusty wheels in my head are turning!

For the special gifts:  I've thought about the homemade doggie biscuits but it seems like a lot of my clients are on very special diets; no wheat, no corn, etc.  But what I think I'll do is print out the recipe on a card to attach so they know the ingredients and can decide themselves if Fluffy can have it.  I'm sure my beagles will lovvvvve to give their opinion on biscuits in the test kitchen!  Oh wait, they eat poop so their opinions are a little tainted.

I'm checking on the cost to do some imprinting - I like the shameless self promotion!

I will incorporate shrinki-dinks in this too.  Maybe a key chain with their dog's name on it.

Maybe an embroidered towel throw in too!

Over the past year I've collected a lot of dog note paper, dog playing cards (for humans!) and many copies of "50 Simple Ways to Pamper your Dog".  Wrap this all up in cellophane and bow (made of pawprint ribbon of course) and there I go!!!!

For the mailable gifts I think I'll make the bandannas.  They're easy, personalized and mailable.  I'll write their names on them and put a paw print on it.

Wow, I've got to get my butt in gear!  Thanks for the great ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dansk
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2005 10:01:04 AM »

I really like your keychain idea. That will be really cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spurtiic
Jennorific

I made BEST OF 2007 for my frozen bird nest pic!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005 10:17:06 AM »

everyone talks about shrinky dink keychains so i have to try this...
but one of the things i saw somewhere (probably on here as usual) was shrinky dink CHARMS for collars.  apparently it's the MUST HAVE for dogs and kitties alike.  not to mention that they look adorable and "fun" as well.  you could always personalize the shrinky dink charms for the doggy client's name.  just punch a tiny hole in it and add a jump ring to attach to the collar!

i'm gonna do this for my dogs and kitty friends for christmas, too.
 Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life isn't complete 'til you crochet a uterus for a friend.  Just make sure your fallopian tubes point down and not up! No one needs to lose an eye this way! Wink

I love personal swaps for small stuff (including Hershey Kisses!)! PM me for happy fun rockin' good times!
thevaticant

I'm cold. And my legs hurt.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005 11:07:37 AM »

I'm sure my beagles will lovvvvve to give their opinion on biscuits in the test kitchen!  Oh wait, they eat poop so their opinions are a little tainted.
yeah, what IS it with beagles and poop? my boyfriend's sister has a beagle, he's often carrying around poop in his mouth. and he even eats the other dogs' frozen pee. a little doggie popsicle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ask not what your rest home can do for you, but what you can do for your rest home.
gingery
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005 03:25:07 PM »

oh man, I wish my groomer handed out christmas presents.. Lord only knows that I give them enough of my money Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Making the Thai Paste for Red Thai Curry
Sweetening Red Thai Curry
Assembling Red Thai Curry
Adding Sauce to Red Thai Curry
How to Cook Mushroom Kamameshi Rice
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...