A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
October News Announcement: Crafting your Halloween costume this year?  Enter it for a chance to win prizes!  Read the spooktacular details here.
Total Members: 308,423
Currently Running With Scissors:
443 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Orange/Red/White Striped Tiny Circle Bag  (Read 1401 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

Ooh, I'm so blurry . . .

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2005 12:22:43 PM »

So I got some bright orange measuring cups and spoons from the dollar bin at Target and I saved the little ring handle thingy they came attached on, thinking it might come in handy for something.

Then a couple nights ago I had a brainstorm of using it as a purse handle--yes, just one mind you--with a button flap to hold it closed. 

And!! I just happened to have the perfect remnant fabric in my stash to match the little handle and skinny red ribbon to make a button loop.  A little cutting, sewing and a couple hours later, voila.  The Tiny Circle Bag.

Posing on my ironing board

Slightly closer look (at the ugly basement carpet, too)

I made it round to echo the shape of the handle, and sort of boxed the bottom to give it a little more dimension.  It didn't come out as well as I pictured it, but not bad for a first purse from a totally wing-it-as-I-go-along idea.  My 3-yr old niece is totally into purses and bags; I think she might be getting another birthday present now.  She won't mind the stitches and lining showing in places.  Wink

I don't think I'll make anymore with only one handle, but I like how the boxing the circle idea came out.  I may have to try it slightly larger--and in a color I'd actually wear around in public!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005 04:19:34 PM »

very nice. maybe use 2 handles instead of just one? it doesn't look very sturdy...
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005 01:12:47 PM »

That's totally cute!  I really like the one handle idea the way it closes it seems like it shouldn't be a problem...it's an interesting design and I hope you make more and really perfect it Smiley  Circle bags are a bit demanding too, if it's not totally circular it becomes very obvious, but your circle looks very good.  Looks very neatly stitched too from what I can see, good job Smiley

(And way to recycle--woohoo!)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005 01:17:25 PM by muchachaK » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You need a handbag...  www.muchachak.com
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005 01:20:18 PM »

thats really cute!
it would probably be better with two handles, but the one is great too! i like the button closing like that.
plus, if you're giving it to your niece, i'm sure she won't care that it has only one handle!
but its awesome, i love it

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.

i now have a wist list!

Ooh, I'm so blurry . . .

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005 02:21:15 PM »

Thanks for the compliments.  I definitely plan to make more with 2 handles--the only reason I made it with one was because that was the only handle I had.  I made it small (about 6" diameter) because I only had the one handle and wanted to make sure nothing too heavy could fit in it.  More of an idea experiment than anything else.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Countdown to Halloween
Meatless Monday: Roasted Acorn Squash Gnocchi
@Home This Weekend: Mermaid Tail Blanket

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...