A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,483
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: help!!! i need to cover my self!  (Read 748 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

atomic mary
« on: August 12, 2005 08:03:55 AM »

hi! hi!
this is my first post! i am soooo happy that i found this site! i live in a small city and the only other people i know that sew or craft actualy like the ducks with bonnets and pooh bear on everything! they are all grammas and cool in their way, but it is not my way. anyway, i hope someone somewhere can help me!i am at my wits end! and i didn't have to many wits to begin with!
 i have the classic hourglass figure and am having a lot of trouble finding or sewing (which i'd rather do anyway) tops. i wear around a g cup. does anyone know how to alter patterns to accomadate such craziness?i have a small back and shoulders and waist as well. i have had a few weddings this summer(including mine!) and it always involves me trying to make a shirt, failing horribly and then running around trying to find something in the stores which i don't have a lot of luck with either. i end up using eyelets and ribbon to tie a lot of my things together.
any advice would be great!
thanx!
atomic mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alicein518
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005 08:06:48 AM »

Try doing a search for clothing for hourglass and larger figures on the boards.  I know this topic has come up before and there's been a lot of really great answers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atomic mary
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005 06:43:34 PM »

Try doing a search for clothing for hourglass and larger figures on the boards.  I know this topic has come up before and there's been a lot of really great answers.
thanks. i did try both but mostly came up with sweaters or knitting. i didn't really find how to alter a pattern or if there are patterns out there that would need little altering or even just anything, any other ideas. it could be that 'cuz i'm new to this whole thing, i'm just not looking in the right places.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Notamermaid
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005 07:00:36 PM »

Maybe look for certain styles of tops? I'm quite petite up top  but I think I remember reading that wrap tops were good. That would make sense, since they're sort of adjustable. I know that there's a wrap-top tute on here somewhere,
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kristen81
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005 07:03:56 PM »

A tube top is pretty fast and easy thing to make and you don't even need a pattern.  As a large busted gal myself I can understand this is not always a feasible thing to wear braless (or good luck finding a strapless bra in a size larger than "c" anyway) however it's also really easy to add wide straps to a tube top or search this site for a shrug or bolero pattern to wear over it.  

If you are into ribbons it would be fun to use a wide ribbon to make a corset detail up the back or front.  You wouldn't even have to leave the ribboned portion open you could just attach loops and do it over the fabric.  

It would be pretty east to make a tube top fit to your sides as well as you can just put it on inside out pin and adjust as needed once you've cut your basic tube.

Good luck!  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
skier88888
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2005 05:58:07 AM »

if you want to make some sort of shirt, use your bust measurement as the pattern size. when you're finished, take in the sides of the torso area as necessary. you could even add a few darts up the front so the shirt is fitted all around. good luck!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hush, Hush Book Trailer by Becca Fitzpatrick
Cassandra Clare at a Bryant Park Event in New York
Author James Bach: Secrets of a Buccaneer-Scholar
Author Philippa Gregory on Future Books
Actress Melissa Gilbert Talks About Prairie Tale
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...