A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to Silkscreen (without fancy equipment)  (Read 52385 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lumpkins
« on: August 11, 2005 09:33:46 PM »

I was referred to this site by someone that saw my screenprinting tutorial on Live Journal. This site is amazing.

If you follow the link below it will take you to a photo (with minimal text on the photo) tutorial on how to Screenprint. You will not need a flash dryer or anything like that.. this is for one color printing but if you are crafty you can do several colors using the same method but it'll be a little tricky....

Please check it out. The way it's set up you can leave comments on each individual photo. So if you have any additional tips or suggestions or variations on what I'm doing PLEASE leave them as a comment. Everyone that looks at the tutorial will see the comments so we all help each other in the end. ENJOY!

http://flickr.com/photos/eller/sets/738625/

Okay, This tutorial was created by Lumpkins, not me. He posted a link to it, but it only worked for a limited time. I saved the tutorial, so I edited my original post complimenting Lumpkins on his fantastic tute, and putting it here. I hope it is useful.
1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Cool

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)
Somehow I lost step 19. I don't know how. But I think it had something to do with putting the photo emulsion on the screen. I'm hoping that won't be too hard to figure out.
20)

21)

22)

23)

24)

25)

26)

27)

28)

29)

30)

31)

32)

33)

34)

35)

36)

37)

38)

39)

40)

41)

42)

43)

Whew. That was the longest post ever! Let me reiterate, I did not make this tute. It was made by Lumpkins, who I hope won't mind that I posted it.

Also, one daddio posted a much simpler tute on page 7. Check it out, especially if this one looks a little overwhelming.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011 04:42:33 PM by jungrrl - Reason: Tutorial added to first post » THIS ROCKS   Logged
smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005 11:02:03 PM »

very nice! and i feel your pain (my boyfriend and i printed 68 shirts and baked them all in the oven one day last summer).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ph33lth3lov3

*when in doubt go duct*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005 12:15:11 AM »

oh wonderful. Why couldn't i find tutes like this before i tried it with the dinky speedball instructions? Anyways, this is another great tute! Thank you so much for the link!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

let me see your gila
http://www.gilabuttons.com -your one stop button shop
cosbysweater

why has it taken me so long to join

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005 09:44:09 AM »

oh wonderful. Why couldn't i find tutes like this before i tried it with the dinky speedball instructions? Anyways, this is another great tute! Thank you so much for the link!

Yes! I thought I was the only one who was left even more clueless after reading the speedball instructions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amelia bedelia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005 10:59:23 AM »

awesome tutorial, i havent had very good luck with the photoemulsion method of silkscreening. this makes things alot easier to understand. thanks for posting it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Damn it feels good to be a gangster
Era Vera
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2005 01:30:04 AM »

Okay, This tutorial was created by Lumpkins, not me. He posted a link to it, but it only worked for a limited time. I saved the tutorial, so I edited my original post complimenting Lumpkins on his fantastic tute, and putting it here. I hope it is useful.
1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Cool

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)
Somehow I lost step 19. I don't know how. But I think it had something to do with putting the photo emulsion on the screen. I'm hoping that won't be too hard to figure out.
20)

21)

22)

23)

24)

25)

26)

27)

28)

29)

30)

31)

32)

33)

34)

35)

36)

37)

38)

39)

40)

41)

42)

43)

Whew. That was the longest post ever! Let me reiterate, I did not make this tute. It was made by Lumpkins, who I hope won't mind that I posted it.

Also, one daddio posted a much simpler tute on page 7. Check it out, especially if this one looks a little overwhelming.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007 07:02:45 PM by Era Vera - Reason: Fixed pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://eravera.blogspot.com/ <-rarely updated crafting blog
http://modaveloce.blogspot.com/ <-fashion-y blog with some diy and photography/art stuff
bettyxbrown
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2005 08:41:19 AM »

this is the easiest to understand tutorial i've seen yet. it's making me want to try this, soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bananna fish

armwarming glory!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005 03:29:15 PM »

this is one of the best (and most comprehensive) step by step simple guide to silk-screening - wow, this link was absolutely great, thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Silver-Faery
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005 08:44:27 AM »

ace tutorial! i still dont understand fully but ill ask q's as i find em Smiley
thanks you!
it was even so greatly entertaining ! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woxiangniwoaini
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005 11:25:45 AM »

My boyfriend and I wanted to start doing some collaborative silkscreening but I didn't know how to explain the process to him. Thanks much for this tut, it breaks it down into such easy to understand steps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jewelry Cleaning Tips
Intricate Food Inspired Jewelry
How to Make a Heart Necklace
About the Expert: Courtney Gray
Handmade Portraits: Brooklyn Watches
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...