A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Has anyone else gotten a "payment reversal" from a Paypal buyer?  (Read 2563 times)
Tags for this thread: paypal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gloriana
« on: April 12, 2004 11:10:06 AM »

I'm freaking out a wee bit right now - I just got an email from Paypal saying that a payment I received for goods bought and shipped last month has been "reversed" - that is, the buyer reversed or rejected the credit card payment that they made to me via Paypal.  Has this happened to anyone else?? I sent an email to the buyer right away of course - but if this is someone who simply bought my stuff, sent me a Paypal payment and then reversed it so that they could get my stuff for free, what can I do about that??  Paypal's site basically says that you have to get their buyer protection if you want to avoid this.  But their email also mentions an "investigation" of this and asks me to send them all kinds of information about the transaction.  So maybe they will be some help.  

I'd really just like to hear from people who have had this happen - and I'd like to know how often it happens, and whether it's worth it to get the seller protection?  (I've been open for business less than a year and am still learning about all the fab surprises involved in running an online business).

Thanks in advance for your help...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
misha
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2004 06:35:22 PM »

I have had a chargeback from Paypal, but it didnt go through because I had proof of delivery (It was an expensive item on ebay and I made sure I sent it registered mail).

Now is this person claiming they never received it, or that their credit card was charged without their knowledge?

If it's them saying they never received it, then you will need proof of delivery. If you sent it by Priority Post, you should have it. If you didn't, you're out of luck.

If they are claiming their card was wrongly charged, then you have a fight on your hands, probably one you can't win.  If you shipped to a confirmed address, this may be proof that you did ship it to them. But still I have seen credit card companies do chargebacks against Paypal, who of course come after the seller for the money.

Send Paypal any proof you may have.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloriana
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004 07:56:00 PM »

thanks for your reply - I sent it by priority mail with delivery confirmation - I know that it got there.  I haven't heard word one from the buyer, so I don't know what's going on!  I sent all my info to Paypal, so hopefully it'll all get cleared up.  ack.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plainmabel
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004 02:22:03 PM »

Definitely let us know what happens -- I always fear someone will try doing this either with PayPal or credit card.

Though I hear (even though many people have their horror stories) that PayPal is actually pretty good about checking your documentation and giving you the credit back quickly if you have the proof.  Fingers crossed for you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Plain Mabel :: Extraordinary Gifts and Accessories
Awful Cufflinks :: Everyday stuff, just better.
JHK

The love of her life was not a man.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2004 04:03:06 AM »

I also got a chargeback from PayPal.  In my case, it could have been avoided early on because the order came through from an unconfirmed email address.  If that happens, PayPal gives you the opportunity to accept or reject the order.  I should have rejected it so it was my fault.  I haven't had any problems since.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find the prhase that fits you perfectly at www.nathanlovesmary .com
gloriana
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004 07:55:31 PM »

I still have not gotten this issue resolved - two months later!!  I'm NOT happy with Paypal about this, and have let them know that...  but all I got back was a form email saying that I shouldn't send them multiple emails because it doesn't get my case solved any quicker.  GRRRRR!!  I don't see what's to solve:  I have proof that the buyer received the merch, she didn't return it, and just took her money back.  It's very frustrating...  I will let y'all know if anything ever gets resolved here - I somehow doubt it will.
 Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quarkiegirl

Keep it loose, keep it tight.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004 09:15:04 PM »

wow, that really sucks! thanks for letting us know about it though---i'll be careful of this with my ebay auctions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiekat82

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004 01:26:09 PM »

I had something like this happen, but it didn't have anything to do with a credit card. Their bank account ended up being closed... Luckily I hadn't shipped anything yet.

You have to be VERY careful with Paypal. They basically don't care as long as they have their money-- which means taking it back from the seller, usually.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dolly Parton is my spiritual leader, and Clint Eastwood is my sewing buddy.
scb2211
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004 10:07:51 PM »

Hi,
I am considering doing the ebay thing.  What are the other options besides Paypal?  How do they work for everybody?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Goddess
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004 11:26:36 PM »

Paypal will be liable as you have proof of delivery. sorry it's been such a pain in your arse
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...