A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SUPER FAST + EASY Vegetarian Lunches to pack for school  (Read 23142 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

star69

Summer swappin' fever and writing inspiration!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005 08:23:35 AM »

What's hummmus? I'm thinking about going veggie, so, I'm doing my research first..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CatyX
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005 08:33:05 AM »

I know leftover burgers are already on the list, but I have a great recipe for chickpea and lentil burgers if anyones interested.

And all these idea's are great
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2005 08:53:28 AM »

I eat black bean burgers like crazy. They are the only type my whole family likes. I put them on my salads (greens, corn, chopped red pepper, hard boiled egg, and ranch dressing with the bean burger.)

Tons of different wraps are good. Different flavored tortillas with veggies and sometimes tofu cooked in whatever flavor I'm going for.

I don't know if you eat eggs, but my kids could live on hard boiled eggs.

Black Bean soup is also a big hit here. Tastes great heated or room temp.

There are some great fruit soups too. I have a raspberry one that is excellent. And that is eaten cold. Gazpacho is good once in awhile for something different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CatyX
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2005 08:54:53 AM »

Ezri_B: If your willing to share I'd love to try out your recipe for raspberry soup. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2005 09:21:20 AM »

sure, it is actually Raspberry Cranberry soup, I got it from my grandmother, then I modified it. It's great chilled on summer days when it is hot. Or serve it hot around Christmas time for chasing away the chills. It serves about 4.

2 Cups fresh or frozen cranberries
2 cups apple juice
1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries thawed
1/2 to 1 cup sugar (to taste, I usually use Agave nectar just a tablespoon or so)
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cups half-and-half cream divided ( I don't know if there is a soy version of this or not, )
1 Tablespoon cornstarch

Whipped cream, additional raspberries and mint optional for decoration

In a 3-quart saucepan, bring cranberries and apple juice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minute. Press through a sieve; return to pan.
Also press raspberries through the sieve; discard skin and seeds. Add to cranberry mixture; bring to a boil. Add sugar, lemon juice, and cinnamon; remove from heat. Cool 4 minutes. Stir 1 cup into 1-1/2 cups cream. Return all to pan; bring to a gentle boil. Mix cornstarch with remaining cream; stir into soup. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve hot or chilled. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and mint if desired.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CatyX
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2005 09:23:05 AM »

That sounds delicious- thanks a lot, I'll be trying this really soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rebel
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2005 12:17:55 PM »

I know leftover burgers are already on the list, but I have a great recipe for chickpea and lentil burgers if anyones interested.

I'd love the recipe, if you don't mind. My partner loves black bean burgers but I want to try something different. thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
peanutbutterkp37
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2005 12:46:59 PM »

I'd love the recipe, if you don't mind. My partner loves black bean burgers but I want to try something different. thanks!

Mmm I'd also love your recipe. The only burgers I make now are black bean, they're really yummy I could live off them, so I'd love to try another variation. I've also wanted to try lentils in something, but I haven't found a recipe.
Here's my black bean burger recipe if anyone's interested:

1 cup black beans
4-5 baby carrots or the equivilant to that with a real carrot (lol I use baby carrots when I make these)
3/4 cup salsa (I use 1/2 cup of a spicier salsa with corn and black beans in it, and 1/4 cup of a mild salsa)
1/4 cup bell pepper (red, yellow, green, orange all are good)
1/4 cup onion
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup bread crumbs
1/4 tsp black pepper
chili powder to taste

Steam carrots in the microwave then put in a medium bowl with the beans. Mash together. Add salsa, pepper, onion and mix. Then add flour, bread crumbs and spices and mix. Form into four patties and bake on a cookie sheet for 15-16 mins at 425*. Serve on a whole grain bun with salsa, tomato and lettuce. Melt cheese on top if desired. Yum!

I double this recipe all the time so I have super simple lunches/dinners throughout the week. They also taste delicious cold. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flickr
Vegan Cookie Blog
I'm writing a vegan cookie blog.
CatyX
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2005 02:02:48 PM »

I've got it written down somewhere, promise ill get it up tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
allie-loki
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2005 02:04:14 PM »

What's hummmus? I'm thinking about going veggie, so, I'm doing my research first..

hummus is chickpea spread/dip

someone asked for a good recipe. i swear by one that i found on vegweb. here it is:

Munzer's Famous Hummus - this is the "real deal," honest!
Ingredients (use vegan versions):

* 1 can garbanzo beans (not the 50% less salt type)
    * 4-5 tablespoon tahini (not the "raw" type, yuk)
    * 2 lemons (juice)
    * 1 med. clove garlic
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * *1/4 cup juice garbanzo beans (save from can)

Directions:

garnish: 12 beans, cumin, paprika, 3 Tbs. olive oil
*optional

This is how my dad makes hummus. I have yet to taste a better recipe.

1. Rinse off the beans really well.
2. Put ingredients in a blender in the above order.
3. Add water so that it comes up to the top of the ingredients.
4. Blend until creamy

To serve, pour hummus onto a plate, then gently shake the plate to level the hummus. Using cumin and paprika, my dad likes to make a design that divides the plate into eight equal parts (for example, thinking of the plate like a clock: 12-6 and 3-9 cumin, 1:30-7:30 and 4:30-10:30 paprika). Then he places 4 beans in the center and the rest around the rim in pairs. Pour the olive oil on and it's ready to serve.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Hibernation Station Book Trailer
James Shapiro on Who Wrote Shakespeare
Sandra Brown on the Writing of Smash Cut and Tough Customer
Garry Trudeau Talks About the Past, Present and Future of Doonesbury
Mary Higgins Clark Reveals the Inspiration for the Shadow of Your Smile
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...