A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,456
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: making plugs  (Read 2911 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

janer

all my friends are skeletons

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005 02:39:14 PM »

gross

On behalf of those with stretched ears... Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on a break from swapping... much needed!

www.myspace.com/_jane_

http://www.wists.com/janer
Vanessa Cyanide
You won't like me.

Couture is lame. End of story.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005 02:42:01 PM »

gross

On behalf of those with stretched ears... Thank you!

LOL! ...nice...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cyanidekustoms.bravehost.com
"I dont give a fu*k about punk rock no more" -The Dwarves
I want to give the Devil back the Devils' rock n roll!
Motorcycles and cars made of METAL....nothing gets to a girls heart faster... oh yea-  And crafting stuff that gives off toxic fumes....mmm m
cheesedip

Llama? Hmmmm...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2005 08:46:53 AM »

Electrical tape's good if you're still stretching, you can keep adding layers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."
- G. B. Burgin
Vanessa Cyanide
You won't like me.

Couture is lame. End of story.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2005 01:09:06 AM »

teflon tape IS not safe jeeeeeesus christ its intended for sealing plumbing joints,nor is electrical tape are you people retarded?,braindead? fimo and sculpy are chemical based they are not clay!!!!!! were do you get this crap? plastic is a toxic byproduct!! you can and will lose your lobes,no joke
they have to be removed and coterized,you do not see immediete damage
sometimes it takes years for the damage to manifest into surgery.

what does being broke have to do with STRETCHING? you are stretching a piercing,done for literally thousands of years by just about EVERY culture on the planet,it took them thousands of years to develop thier rituals and with success,using materials that are damn near free! seriously 25 cents for a mahogony dowl at just about any hardware store,and less than 3 bux for sandpaper and some elbow grease will make you PERFECT safe non toxic non caustic etc etc tapers to take your ears,septums,labrets etc etc to any size you desire!,the same dowls can easily provide amazing plugs,in various colors with vegtable dye and oils

how is that hard you kids are on a craft website you must have some sort of eye for art? right use real creativity,with organic materials for the saftey of yourself ,its a body you have to live with a long time decorate it with respect, and for respect of the cultures your borrowing your latest fashion trend from

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://cyanidekustoms.bravehost.com
"I dont give a fu*k about punk rock no more" -The Dwarves
I want to give the Devil back the Devils' rock n roll!
Motorcycles and cars made of METAL....nothing gets to a girls heart faster... oh yea-  And crafting stuff that gives off toxic fumes....mmm m
Abandoned
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2005 01:16:05 AM »

how about some nice rocks ( the ones that look a bit marble-y and smooth ). You can sand em down to how you want them and wash em really good. Its earthy. Lots of cooties, but you can boil them on the stove for a good while to sterilize them a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
janer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2005 05:50:01 AM »

teflon tape IS not safe jeeeeeesus christ its intended for sealing plumbing joints,nor is electrical tape are you people retarded?,braindead? fimo and sculpy are chemical based they are not clay!!!!!! were do you get this crap? plastic is a toxic byproduct!! you can and will lose your lobes,no joke
they have to be removed and coterized,you do not see immediete damage
sometimes it takes years for the damage to manifest into surgery.

what does being broke have to do with STRETCHING? you are stretching a piercing,done for literally thousands of years by just about EVERY culture on the planet,it took them thousands of years to develop thier rituals and with success,using materials that are damn near free! seriously 25 cents for a mahogony dowl at just about any hardware store,and less than 3 bux for sandpaper and some elbow grease will make you PERFECT safe non toxic non caustic etc etc tapers to take your ears,septums,labrets etc etc to any size you desire!,the same dowls can easily provide amazing plugs,in various colors with vegtable dye and oils

how is that hard you kids are on a craft website you must have some sort of eye for art? right use real creativity,with organic materials for the saftey of yourself ,its a body you have to live with a long time decorate it with respect, and for respect of the cultures your borrowing your latest fashion trend from

Nicely put. I agree 100%, it's all fact.

how about some nice rocks ( the ones that look a bit marble-y and smooth ). You can sand em down to how you want them and wash em really good. Its earthy. Lots of cooties, but you can boil them on the stove for a good while to sterilize them a bit.

I wouldn't go telling anyone this, either. Again, some natural materials are porous, rocks can be one of them. You defanitely need to do your research before you just start sanding anything down and sticking it in your body. Please, PLEASE if you want to seriously make plugs for yourself, contact a local piercing shop and ask them what natural materials are good for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/_jane_

ffancypantss
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005 01:31:51 PM »

I am sorry if my comment about plugs being "gross" offended any of you guys. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let there be songs to fill the air...

www.limabeads.etsy.com
janer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2005 07:15:36 PM »

I am sorry if my comment about plugs being "gross" offended any of you guys. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Hahaha! I'm soooo not offended! You're entitled to your opinion. Mine aren't huge, either. Most people can't tell that I even have mine stretched. And for what it matters, having stretched ears and tattoos does float my boat! But everyone is their own person, and if we weren't, it'd be a boring world!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/_jane_

ffancypantss
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2005 01:12:41 PM »

you are so right. i do think tattoos (in moderation, lol, which i am guessing you have) are pretty cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let there be songs to fill the air...

www.limabeads.etsy.com
erinberinbee

yo ho ho... (and a bottle of rum) *squinty eye*

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005 07:43:57 AM »

I just thought i'd share my new idea with the world...... I was down town yesterday and I thought, today i'm going to buy a flesh tube for my ear, so I did......

anyway to cut a long story short, got home, couldnt get it in ear so decided to make one out of lego flowers, it looks really cool, so if anyone is too wussy to get a big fleshtube in thier ear you can amke a really cool one out of the stalks of lego flowers, cut a bit of the green stalk off melt a flower onto one end and use the other end as a fastening....! voila.....
the stalk of the flower is about 1mm thick so its a lil bit painful to push through....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sensitive Skin Beauty Tip: New Natural Shampoos - Organic and Eco-Friendly!
Hot New Crops
Which Shampoo to Use
Hair Styling Products Tips
Convertible Hair Style Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...