A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,147
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: old shirt made new  (Read 7505 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pixelpusher
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2004 04:44:36 PM »

COOL.
I am going to give the printing on fabric thing another go - prolly tonight!  The directions on setting with the vinegar cloth sound easy enough...  The only other issue I had when I tried this the first time was that my printer pulled the paper/fabric REALLY fast at first and it got bunched up in the printer half way through. Tongue Maybe I needed to iron it on to the paper better?

BTW- I make my patterns out of freezer paper.  You can draw on the paper side and they dont rip really easy, so they last longer.... (random tip) Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pixelpusher
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2004 07:39:03 PM »

Ok, I tried this.
The problem I was having apparently was the front roller things werent feeding the paper through because it was curling.
I got it to work, though, after figureing out that issue.
BUT
I must not be getting something about vinegar setting.
I took my piece of printed fabric and put it on the ironing board.  Forogot about the absorbant material underneath part.... but then, I dipped a scrap of fabric into vinegar and squeezed it out.  It was good and damp, but not soaking.  I placed it over the image and ironed til dry.  Some spots bled, but that was prolly due to the no absorbant fabric underneath bit... Then I water tested it to see how it did.  I dripped some water on a few spots (figuring it was screwed anyway due to the bleeding that already happened.)  and it bled like mad.  What am I missing?

There is this stuff called bubble jet set you can buy but I heard that your images fade badly if you use that stuff and its like $20.  and vinegar is in my pantry....  Smiley
advice?  shoudl I take this to a different topic? I totally hijacked the thread about this super cute shirt...  sorry...  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

second-hand-smoke
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2004 08:08:05 PM »

no - no apology necc. does anybody have any advice? has anybody else had this probelm? i did mine exactly as i stated and had no problems. did you iron the image dry first? i don't know. i wish i could be more help. i'm so sorry it didn't work for you. maybe it is the fabric i'm using? or maybe it is my printer? i don't know. anybody?? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

second hand smoke: Recycle-Remix-Refresh
http://secondhandsmoke-stuff.com
pixelpusher
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2004 11:33:18 AM »

Didnt even think about it bieng the printer...  My printer (Canon i9100) uses a different type of ink than  say Espon or Hp... Canon uses alcohol based inks, where everyone else uses water based... but that shouldnt effect it, should it??  Considering that I work at a computer store... thinking of calling Canon...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004 08:33:58 PM »

yep i have an hp so i dunno... but i havnt tried this yet! hopefully i will sometime! as i have a very long to-do list! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
twitching_cheerio
Moody Teen

fyi...thats not me...thats KAC :or: Kevin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2004 11:24:07 AM »

awesome! that little bra is so cute! the bow is a perfect touch
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not all Scars Show
Not all wounds heal
Sometimes you can't always see
The pain someone feels

|K|e|v|i|n| |A|l|e|x|a|n|d|e|r| |C|l|a|r|k|
my Anti-Drug
cheeEkin
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2005 05:38:00 PM »

i LOVE that shirt.  wonderful work!
what kind of fabric is the bra printed on? is it sheer? i cant really tell.  also when you say you put the fabric on the freezer paper.  did you just iron it on then feed it through your printer?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Knit a Scarf
How to Knit Texture Stitch
How to Crochet Lace on Christmas Balls
How to Felt with Crochet
How to Crochet a Christmas Scarf
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...