A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,734
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Political Debates  (Read 601 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vexy5260
« on: August 09, 2005 11:00:27 AM »

I emailed Leah about this and she thinks we should discuss it here. What should be done about all the political debates on Craftster? Like she said it would be hard to know where to draw the line, so what do you guys think? 

I say if someone disagrees with what someone expresses through their art then just not reply! Like my mommy says 'If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all!'
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hakue
Creative Chaos

You can't put that on a steak and eat it!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005 09:58:33 AM »

I think if you don't agree with the political messege of a craft just don't comment on that part of it, but you can still say something.  There are plenty of other elements for you to comment on.  If you support Bush and don't like what someone put on their anti Bush silk screened t-shirt you can still say, "Wow, it looks really proffessional."  Ya know?

I'm really sick of people saying things like, "Well, I think being gay is wrong, but now let's get back on topic everyone!"  Lead by example.  It's sooooo annoying when people are that hypocritical like that just because they want to get the last say.

Okay, I'm done with my little rant now.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets. Imagination without skill gives us modern art."
Tom Stoppard  

Horrah for quotes! Cheesy
NessaGurl
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005 10:15:25 AM »

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so I think it would be cool to have a board for political type projects. This way people have a choice to look or not look if thats what they choose. I agree with Hakue about not making any comment on the political point, but rather pointing out their crafty abilities...that is of course why we are all here! -to share our crafty creations.

I on the other hand, I don't really do very many political type crafts cause I kinda have this unwritten rule where I don't discuss religion or politics with people unless they are close friends or family, but even family is a little too close for comfort with some topics.

I can usually see both sides of the story when looking at some of the "heated" political posts on here, so it doesn't bother me. Plus I usually try and look at things from all sides...so its kinda hard to offend me. But I think having a specific spot for things like that may be a good idea. Its kinda like the adult themed stuff, people should have a choice as to whether or not they would like to view something, especially when its a touchy subject like US politics (used that as an example cause I've seen lots of people getting pretty heated over G.W. Bush) Or maybe just putting (political) in the subject line is good enough.

Anyhoo, thats just my two cents.

Nessagurl
« Last Edit: August 23, 2005 10:19:36 AM by NessaGurl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy Shop...
http://thislittlebird.etsy.com 

My Wist
http://www.wists.com/ThisLittleBird

I would love to do a personal swap for Quality, well made felt or crochet play foods for my daughter... contact me if you are interested. Check out my shop to see what I could make for you
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Sparkling Snowflake Shortbread
How to Make Almond Snowballs
Spirited Bourbon-Pecan-Gingerbread Cookies Recipe
How to Make Elegant Praline Rugelach
How to Make Red Velvet Brownies
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...