A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hello Wales!  (Read 14604 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jolyon
Rosalind Julia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2008 04:32:02 PM »

I know its already been mentioned but the fabric shop in Trefforest industrial estate is amazing for reminants.  My boyfriend took me there after a horrific exam (made me feel much better!) and I got this huge sack of I guess upholstery/curtain fabric for 1 (I use it for bags).  Seriously i have never seen so much fabric fitted in a bag before and really nice stuff too.  I assume they often have these bags as there were quite a few when I visited.  Well worth a look and if you travel up from Cardiff by train there is the added bonus of lovely views of the river and countryside.  I've still yet to fit in a another visit to Swansea, things always get too busy, but I am determined to fit it in before christmas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gherkin
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2008 03:04:29 PM »

I know its already been mentioned but the fabric shop in Trefforest industrial estate is amazing for reminants.  My boyfriend took me there after a horrific exam (made me feel much better!) and I got this huge sack of I guess upholstery/curtain fabric for 1 (I use it for bags).  Seriously i have never seen so much fabric fitted in a bag before and really nice stuff too.  I assume they often have these bags as there were quite a few when I visited.  Well worth a look and if you travel up from Cardiff by train there is the added bonus of lovely views of the river and countryside.  I've still yet to fit in a another visit to Swansea, things always get too busy, but I am determined to fit it in before christmas!

Wow will pay them a visit tomorrow and ask about the bags of remnants - definately worth a rummage by the sounds of it Jolyon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jolyon
Rosalind Julia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2009 07:38:44 AM »

How was it Gherkin?  Did they have the big bags? I hope so.  I havent been fabric shopping for ages.  I guess Ill have to save up for a trip sometime soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Workatron
« Reply #73 on: January 23, 2009 11:18:46 AM »

Hello there, I've just joined today and am looking forward to making some super projects that i see on here! I'm originally from Swansea but live in Cardiff now. So yes...hello!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sorbetsurprise
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2009 10:59:12 AM »

Hello I'm originally from Somerset but moved to mighty Swansea a few years ago, would be good to know about local craft shows etc
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftiGirl
« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2009 06:54:27 AM »

Hello!
I've just joined today, and I'm so glad there's so many crafty Welsh people. I'm from Port Talbot, but hoping to move to Cardiff soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gherkin
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2009 03:50:00 PM »

How was it Gherkin?  Did they have the big bags? I hope so.  I havent been fabric shopping for ages.  I guess Ill have to save up for a trip sometime soon.

WOW

I picked up a scrap bag there for 99p and got a HUUUUUUGE pile of fabric in it!  I make bags too and the scraps are perfect for me.  Great spot Jolyon!  LOVE this shop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gherkin
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2009 03:52:38 PM »

I'm originally from Swansea but live in Cardiff now. So yes...hello!

Erm ... me too.  Are you me? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sparrowarms
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2009 07:40:50 AM »

Hello from Wrexham!

I've only discovered Craftser in the last few weeks, and have become seriously addicted! My 17month old is profiting nicely from the kids clothing tuts!

Anyone else from North Wales? There's not much craft shop wise in Wrexham, there's a good haberdashery stall in the Peoples Market, a not so good one in the Butchers Market ( owned by a very grumpy lady) and a Dunelm. I tend to go to Mostyn on the North Wales coast, to Aberkhan (or The Mothership as my sister in law and I call it) and make a day of it! Always spend too much and come away without what i've gone for. Oh well. 

Cheesy There are plenty of charity and pound shops though, found a suitcase in one last week and when I opened it it was full of fabric, ncluding some gorgeous petrol blue wool that i'm going to make into a coat in the winter I think.

Anyhoo, enough rambling...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://sparrowarms.blogspot.com
http://www.wists.com/sparrowarms

Anyone interested in a fabric stash swap? PM me if you are!
becs88

a lady never reveals her underwear by mistake

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2009 02:05:41 AM »

Just to let you all know I am starting a Stitch & Bitch group on Wednesday evenings at the Oxfam Boutique on St Mary's Street. We are looking for crafty folk to come along, get creative and make accessories as part of our 'Made with Love' range. (more info: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/content/boutique/about_boutiques.aspx#madewithlove )

If you want to help fight poverty...DIY!

Start date will be confirmed when we get some idea of how many people are interested in coming along, so message me!

I posted a seperate thread for this but I know nobody checks the welsh boards very often, so thought i'd add to this thread in the hope of getting your attention!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Basketball Handicapping Bets Tips
Sports Betting Tips
How to Play Blackjack
Understanding Craps Terminology
Basketball Handicapping Bets
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...